MyFitnessPal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed mate, it's amazing just how much your choice of meal in the 12 hours before a run can affect your performance. Key thing (for me anyway) is it's got to be at least 4 hours before a session for any benefits. Seen many a runner hoying sugar/honey/sweets down their necks an hour before a track session thinking it's gonna really make a difference.

As you know some days you feel shite but when you get going you run a PB, then the opposite can occur and often I'm left thinking "How do I prepare so that I always run a decent time?". I try to prepare in the same way but a lot of the time it's unavoidable when kids, work etc. get in the way but it must be weird when you're an athlete and you've prepared for a big race/event that occurs once every 2 or 4 years.

As you know some days you feel shite but when you get going you run a PB, then the opposite can occur and often I'm left thinking "How do I prepare so that I always run a decent time?". I try to prepare in the same way but a lot of the time it's unavoidable when kids, work etc. get in the way but it must be weird when you're an athlete and you've prepared for a big race/event that occurs once every 2 or 4 years.
Yeah, especially cleaning up the kids leftover just before a run. Plenty of times i've ended pouching half a dozen fish fingers as i'm going out the door for a tempo run!

Rest plays a big part in how you feel on any given day.....probably my biggest failing as well. I just find it so hard not to be out at least 6 days a week.

Yeah, especially cleaning up the kids leftover just before a run. Plenty of times i've ended pouching half a dozen fish fingers as i'm going out the door for a tempo run!

Rest plays a big part in how you feel on any given day.....probably my biggest failing as well. I just find it so hard not to be out at least 6 days a week.

I take it the scruffy fat bloke in your avatar isn't you then?

I can vouch for @moshpit in that he was indeed once a fat nacker, kebabs like 5 nights a week, until he discovered he has this Kenyan- like ability to run for f***ing MILES at a decent speed, the sick fuck
During my quote "fat nacker days" I always looked at @maygo with a deep-seated disdain. You see he was always the one in the gang who ate like Homer Simpson, drank like Oliver Reed but had the body-fat percentage of a Karen Carpenter.

Fortunately I had both the hair and the personality to make up for what I lacked in bodily aesthetics :D

During my quote "fat nacker days" I always looked at @maygo with a deep-seated disdain. You see he was always the one in the gang who ate like Homer Simpson, drank like Oliver Reed but had the body-fat percentage of a Karen Carpenter.

Fortunately I had both the hair and the personality to make up for what I lacked in bodily aesthetics :D
Logon or register to see this image

Yeah doesn't seem to work. Keeps logging me out :lol: The web app seems fine and has kept my progress
The app goes funny sometimes, I couldn't login at all for a day or so a while back but got round it by using a link from the website that finally started the app. Can't remember the exact method/link I clicked, but maybe accessing the app via a link on their website through the browser on your phone/tablet might bring it all back for you too?

The app goes funny sometimes, I couldn't login at all for a day or so a while back but got round it by using a link from the website that finally started the app. Can't remember the exact method/link I clicked, but maybe accessing the app via a link on their website through the browser on your phone/tablet might bring it all back for you too?

Ended up deleting the app and resinstalling. Back to normal now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back