MyFitnessPal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick question on MFP.

If you're tracking macros do you trust the data that's already been entered? I mean, how do you know it's accurate if it's been put in by another user?

Also, if you eat out, do you just think "argh fuck it" and sack that day's counting off?

Quick question on MFP.

If you're tracking macros do you trust the data that's already been entered? I mean, how do you know it's accurate if it's been put in by another user?

Also, if you eat out, do you just think "argh fuck it" and sack that day's counting off?
Entries with a green tick next to them have been verified but I have noticed at times when I've scanned the barcode and compared the figures to the packet that there are a few differences.

Entries with a green tick next to them have been verified but I have noticed at times when I've scanned the barcode and compared the figures to the packet that there are a few differences.
That should make things easier. Cheers.

Just worked out my TDEE as just over 2600 cals. So using Richies method I'd be aiming for about 3000 cals per day.

What macro split do people tend to use? I've read C.40, P30, F30 is good for building muscle/weight loss. Which would be 300 carbs, 225 protein and 100 fat. Does this sound about right?

Also, on the IIFYM site I guesstimated body fat at about 20%. Whilst not ideal, is this OK to start off with?

Ta

Not easy this like is it?

17:22 and I need 139p, 152c and 36f.

Anyone have any meals that help them hit their macros? :oops:

Last edited:
Quick question on MFP.

Guesstimate the size of the portions.

What's the longest streak people have been using MFP? I'm upto 56 days.

That's whats keeping me going, even if I eat junk food one day I don't want to end my streak so have to reluctantly add it.

Aye, if it wasn't for my holiday I'd have kept it up. I seem to keep forgetting these days and I bet it's no co-incidence that the weight loss has slowed off too.

Saying that, I'm still weighing myself and as long a it creeps down slowly and doesn't go up then I'm happy. I think I'm at the level where I've got to up the exercise or cut out some good stuff, like my weekly beer session (no chance).

That should make things easier. Cheers.

Just worked out my TDEE as just over 2600 cals. So using Richies method I'd be aiming for about 3000 cals per day.

What macro split do people tend to use? I've read C.40, P30, F30 is good for building muscle/weight loss. Which would be 300 carbs, 225 protein and 100 fat. Does this sound about right?

Also, on the IIFYM site I guesstimated body fat at about 20%. Whilst not ideal, is this OK to start off with?

Ta

Not easy this like is it?

17:22 and I need 139p, 152c and 36f.

Anyone have any meals that help them hit their macros? :oops:

You might struggle to build muscle AND lose fat IMHO. As you need excess calories to build muscle. @Charmless Man will no doubt correct me! ;) You might lose some fat by exercising more.

If you are struggling to hit protein intake then use whey protein.

There are several different ratios that you can try, I'm doing 45 carbs, 35 protein, 20 fat. When I first started to lose weight @supersesh suggested 40-40-20 but too much protein blocks me up and I prefer to be more 'regular'.

All I do is count macros by setting the calories required to zero and just count up from there. I don't worry hitting exact targets, just aslong as I get somewhere around 220 protein, 200-230 carbs and 50 fat it's job done for me. Cutting at the moment so it's pretty easy to get there and seeing great results so far.

Ive only had the app 4 days and its such an eye opener. 2kg's off and I have only been doing light cardio and weights, its amazing how much sugar is in certain foods and fruits. I am only doing 1800 calories a day but even after 5 meals a day and some protein im still well under on the daily sugar and slightly over on protein with about 400 calories spare. Looking forward to the results over the next month or so

Some green ticked entries are wrong. Many of them get the sodium wrong. Often stating zero. I even found some brand of bacon that was green ticked and stated it had no sodium in whatsoever!

Anybody else's MFP popping up Über adverts everytime it starts a new day? Seems to have been doing it since the latest update for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back