My thoughts on today's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall I thought we deserved the victory, but yet again we made it difficult for ourselves.

I thought Wimbledon were poor, one of the worst sides I've seen at the SoL this season. We made hard work of it, a team of our quality should be devouring teams like that at home. It should have been a 3, 4-0 win today but I'll bet the highlights could be pulled together to show Wimbledon in a more favourable light than us.

Defensively, I thought James was poor. Ovidedo when fit has to play. Flanagan was not himself neither.

Power was non existent in the first half, Leadbitter was steady away.

Honeyman was quiet. Morgan looked lively, a clever player, but gave the ball away too regularly.

McGeady was the stand out player. The lad is quality and it's amazing we have a player of his calibre in league one. What a player.

Wyke is not good enough. He needs dropping, he is proving to be a wasteful signing.

The atmosphete, like Wyke, is not good enough. The Roker End is full of youngish lads who really should be leading by example.

We need to improve. As it stands, I'm not convinced by Ross's tactics. We set up rather defensively today and struggled to create chances. Things need to change asap imo to ensure we are promoted automatically, which is the aim.
I thought McGeady was utter dogshit today. I was surprised to see him come out for the second half. Lost the ball far too much & too many times in dangerous areas.

Then he goes & wins the game.... He’s a bit like Maja, in that when his all round play isn’t there, it’s like being a man down.

I think we’re getting away with him at the minute, but say in the Championship, we’ll end up being punished more for his stupidity in dangerous situations than he’ll provide positives.

Agreed.

Ross is persisting with the same tactics/style, which is unentertaining and poor to watch. We are not creating enough opportunities. I'm not convinced.
I like and want JR to be a success but if he is going to persist with 4231 the attacking midfielder has to be much closer to the striker and get in the box more..Onien has to staart in that role if not we have to play 442.

Yeah, he's not playing great or owt like.
Maybe when he has Grigg up top with him it will help as it will take 1 of the centre backs away from him. I'd still like to see him be more aggressive and use his physical presence better.

He must have it in him as he was a handful in this league last season.

I thought McGeady was utter dogshit today. I was surprised to see him come out for the second half. Lost the ball far too much & too many times in dangerous areas.

Then he goes & wins the game.... He’s a bit like Maja, in that when his all round play isn’t there, it’s like being a man down.

I think we’re getting away with him at the minute, but say in the Championship, we’ll end up being punished more for his stupidity in dangerous situations than he’ll provide positives.

Dogshit? Fuckin hell. That's a bit extreme.

He was quick on the ball. I also think he's a few moves ahead compared to the players around him. He's the only real quality player we have.

Wyke got a rough deal today. The balls played to him were total dogshit and as he was the only forward, their 2 centre-halves doubled up on him every time the ball was played to him. Why we hit him with shit high balls is beyond me as no-one was anywhere near him. The best I’ve seen him play was Blackpool away as part of a 2 with Maja. I think him and Grigg are the way forward.

Briefly....O’Nein - excellent cameo. His energy lifts the team. McGeady - will always have frustrating passages of play but his quality wins games. Leadbitter - decent 2nd debut. Power - not sure where he fits in now that Leadbitter is here. They are two very similar players. It’s one of the other for me.
As mentioned earlier, Sterling....reserve judgement but looks no further advanced than Benji. As he’s our player i’d prefer to see him play. Morgan - decent debut.
Spot on.

McGeady had a good game...the amount of times he had to double back was because there was no one in the box to cross too. Put two strikers in the box and McGeady will look a much better player.

Dogshit? Fuckin hell. That's a bit extreme.

He was quick on the ball. I also think he's a few moves ahead compared to the players around him. He's the only real quality player we have.
I’ve got to admit I’ve never liked him. Sometimes maybe I’m harsh. He’s obviously got a talent, I just don’t think he uses it for the teams benefit enough.

I’ll never forget being a man down at home to Reading last season, 0-0. McGeadys on the ball attacking, there’s a ball tone played out to the wing. Straight forward pass but he tries to play it through their lad’s legs. We loose the ball, they counter attack, 1-0 down, game over. If you were to shown Aiden McGeady to someone who’d never seen him play before, show them the goal he scored today then that pass against Reading that cost us the match.

We won, performance aside, I really don't give a fuck: 3 points. Luton as well and they will walk this league. Barnsley won. Pompey are in absolute free fall, after being 9 points ahead of us after beating us at Fratton Park. They must be sick as fuck. Charlton got beat by f***ing Fleetwood, Peterborough by Plymouth....at home. We are 3 points behind Barnsley, with two games in hand...……………...AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

I’ve got to admit I’ve never liked him. Sometimes maybe I’m harsh. He’s obviously got a talent, I just don’t think he uses it for the teams benefit enough.

I’ll never forget being a man down at home to Reading last season, 0-0. McGeadys on the ball attacking, there’s a ball tone played out to the wing. Straight forward pass but he tries to play it through their lad’s legs. We loose the ball, they counter attack, 1-0 down, game over. If you were to shown Aiden McGeady to someone who’d never seen him play before, show them the goal he scored today then that pass against Reading that cost us the match.

That has nothing to do with the game today. He has been a standout performer for us this season. If you're referring to the Reading home game, McManaman lost us that game, not Mcgeady.

We won, performance aside, I really don't give a fuck: 3 points. Luton as well and they will walk this league. Barnsley won. Pompey are in absolute free fall, after being 9 points ahead of us after beating us at Fratton Park. They must be sick as fuck. Charlton got beat by f***ing Fleetwood, Peterborough by Plymouth....at home. We are 3 points behind Barnsley, with two games in hand...……………...AM I MISSING SOMETHING HERE?

Yes, quite clearly you are.

I thought they had some decent chances, good save by our keeper right at the end. Our build up play seemed laboured and we gave the ball away in midfield far too often. One flash of brilliance won it.

If Ross persists with playing 1 up front then Grigg has to be the one.

We also need to play with much more urgency and get more support to the front man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back