My thoughts on today's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We shouldn't be playing two holding midfielders at home. At times Leadbitter & Power we almost alongside the centre halves.

Just watched the highlights. Jings! Wimbledon could easily have had 2 or 3 in the first half.

It's good that we can still scrap and battle for points, but it's bad that's the same story every single game... Meanwhile Luton thrash another team.

Let's hope the new lads help us get back to playing good football AS WELL as battling. We've shown it in spells earlier in the season.

We are trying to be too clever with these slick passing moves in the build up, when all the other team do is hoof it to their forward (which works most of the time).
I'm no tactical genius, but if we just hoof it up to McGeady every time then chances are we will score more than them. Lets be fair, he's still better than anyone in this league.

Just watched the highlights. Jings! Wimbledon could easily have had 2 or 3 in the first half.

It's good that we can still scrap and battle for points, but it's bad that's the same story every single game... Meanwhile Luton thrash another team.

Let's hope the new lads help us get back to playing good football AS WELL as battling. We've shown it in spells earlier in the season.

Benno said he’d happily watch games like that 1-0 all season.

I wouldnt tbh, not at this level, was fecking grim.

Overall thought our tactics were pretty crap. Too many in midfield meant nobody had any space to move.

Wyke needs someone alongside him, taking him off rather than going 2 up front was madness. Worried that Ross will try and play Grigg up top on his own when fit which will never work.

Ross has gone a bit Gus Poyet. Needs to have a bash.

Exactly this. He started off playing a good balance of keeping possession but knowing when to attack.

Nowadays we're just slow and ponderous most of the time. I hate keeping possession just for the sake of it when the opposition are so poor.

McGeady has an absolute shocker apart from his great finish. Turned into trouble and lost the ball a few times. Much better player when he gets the ball between the width of the penalty box. Any wider and he rarely puts in a good cross.

Yes, I agree. Only bad finishing by them but glaring chances.

McGeady has an absolute shocker apart from his great finish. Turned into trouble and lost the ball a few times. Much better player when he gets the ball between the width of the penalty box. Any wider and he rarely puts in a good cross.
McGeady had to keep turning back instead of putting a cross in as there was only 1 player in the box on many occasions. If he had crossed people would be slagging him off as it wouldnt have found anyone.

1 up front with no support was the problem. I like JR and hopefully he learns but he got his tactics badly wrong yesterday. 442 or the attacking midfielder has to be much closer to the striker and get in the box.

McGeady is a class above in this league and is the least of our worries.

I thought we were poor, they had the better chances and we won because we had a player capable of producing really quality. Can’t think of another chance we created, in fact I can’t recall another shot on target.
Having said that we are in a decent position and a win today was important, we just need to kick on now and we should get automatic promotion.
McGeady had a good shot palmed away ,after we went ahead marra.

McGeady had to keep turning back instead of putting a cross in as there was only 1 player in the box on many occasions. If he had crossed people would be slagging him off as it wouldnt have found anyone.

1 up front with no support was the problem. I like JR and hopefully he learns but he got his tactics badly wrong yesterday. 442 or the attacking midfielder has to be much closer to the striker and get in the box.

McGeady is a class above in this league and is the least of our worries.

It’s been a problem all season getting bodies into the box which is why I’m surprised they didn’t play O’Nien in midfield while Honeyman has been injured. Whether McGeady plays well or not, you can’t really take him off because he’s the most likely player to pull something out of the bag like he did yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back