My thoughts on today's game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

One thing i've noticed about the atmosphere is that when it finally does get a bit lively, the lads at the back of the South Stand who generate the atmosphere will go into a repertoire of new chants that most people don't know.

Completely agree, that would give us more focus. At times today we had two players holding hands on each wing.
haha just said that. 1 man in the box...Quiinny in his prime would strugle in this team...play 442 or Onien or a more atticking midfielder in the 3. Wyke was so isolated it was unreal.

Wyke got a rough deal today. The balls played to him were total dogshit and as he was the only forward, their 2 centre-halves doubled up on him every time the ball was played to him. Why we hit him with shit high balls is beyond me as no-one was anywhere near him. The best I’ve seen him play was Blackpool away as part of a 2 with Maja. I think him and Grigg are the way forward.

Briefly....O’Nein - excellent cameo. His energy lifts the team. McGeady - will always have frustrating passages of play but his quality wins games. Leadbitter - decent 2nd debut. Power - not sure where he fits in now that Leadbitter is here. They are two very similar players. It’s one of the other for me.
As mentioned earlier, Sterling....reserve judgement but looks no further advanced than Benji. As he’s our player i’d prefer to see him play. Morgan - decent debut.

Overall I thought we deserved the victory, but yet again we made it difficult for ourselves.

I thought Wimbledon were poor, one of the worst sides I've seen at the SoL this season. We made hard work of it, a team of our quality should be devouring teams like that at home. It should have been a 3, 4-0 win today but I'll bet the highlights could be pulled together to show Wimbledon in a more favourable light than us.

Defensively, I thought James was poor. Ovidedo when fit has to play. Flanagan was not himself neither.

Power was non existent in the first half, Leadbitter was steady away.

Honeyman was quiet. Morgan looked lively, a clever player, but gave the ball away too regularly.

McGeady was the stand out player. The lad is quality and it's amazing we have a player of his calibre in league one. What a player.

Wyke is not good enough. He needs dropping, he is proving to be a wasteful signing.

The atmosphete, like Wyke, is not good enough. The Roker End is full of youngish lads who really should be leading by example.

We need to improve. As it stands, I'm not convinced by Ross's tactics. We set up rather defensively today and struggled to create chances. Things need to change asap imo to ensure we are promoted automatically, which is the aim.

You're right. Especially about McGeady.

Also Wyke only looks poor cos he is so isolated. Was a mistake by Ross to bring him off for the young lad.
I agree but there were a couple of times the ball was played up to him and he couldnt keep a hold of it....maybe his confidence was shot after being isolated so much.

we had three players fannying about on the wing and 1 man in the box.

1 striker at home to Wimbeldon man haway. We need to show some bollocks and attack teams.

Agreed.

Ross is persisting with the same tactics/style, which is unentertaining and poor to watch. We are not creating enough opportunities. I'm not convinced.

Completely agree, that would give us more focus. At times today we had two players holding hands on each wing.
Definitely need to move the ball quicker, both centre backs had 2 or 3 extra touches before spreading the ball wide. It was only when O9 came on that the pace quickened.

Overall I thought we deserved the victory, but yet again we made it difficult for ourselves.

I thought Wimbledon were poor, one of the worst sides I've seen at the SoL this season. We made hard work of it, a team of our quality should be devouring teams like that at home. It should have been a 3, 4-0 win today but I'll bet the highlights could be pulled together to show Wimbledon in a more favourable light than us.

Defensively, I thought James was poor. Ovidedo when fit has to play. Flanagan was not himself neither.

Power was non existent in the first half, Leadbitter was steady away.

Honeyman was quiet. Morgan looked lively, a clever player, but gave the ball away too regularly.

McGeady was the stand out player. The lad is quality and it's amazing we have a player of his calibre in league one. What a player.

Wyke is not good enough. He needs dropping, he is proving to be a wasteful signing.

The atmosphete, like Wyke, is not good enough. The Roker End is full of youngish lads who really should be leading by example.

We need to improve. As it stands, I'm not convinced by Ross's tactics. We set up rather defensively today and struggled to create chances. Things need to change asap imo to ensure we are promoted automatically, which is the aim.

I think Flanagan is still getting to know Dunne and vice versa . May take a couple of more games for their partnership to gel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back