My thoughts on today's game...

gipetto

Striker
Overall I thought we deserved the victory, but yet again we made it difficult for ourselves.

I thought Wimbledon were poor, one of the worst sides I've seen at the SoL this season. We made hard work of it, a team of our quality should be devouring teams like that at home. It should have been a 3, 4-0 win today but I'll bet the highlights could be pulled together to show Wimbledon in a more favourable light than us.

Defensively, I thought James was poor. Ovidedo when fit has to play. Flanagan was not himself neither.

Power was non existent in the first half, Leadbitter was steady away.

Honeyman was quiet. Morgan looked lively, a clever player, but gave the ball away too regularly.

McGeady was the stand out player. The lad is quality and it's amazing we have a player of his calibre in league one. What a player.

Wyke is not good enough. He needs dropping, he is proving to be a wasteful signing.

The atmosphete, like Wyke, is not good enough. The Roker End is full of youngish lads who really should be leading by example.

We need to improve. As it stands, I'm not convinced by Ross's tactics. We set up rather defensively today and struggled to create chances. Things need to change asap imo to ensure we are promoted automatically, which is the aim.

Overall I thought we deserved the victory, but yet again we made it difficult for ourselves.

I thought Wimbledon were poor, one of the worst sides I've seen at the SoL this season. We made hard work of it, a team of our quality should be devouring teams like that at home. It should have been a 3, 4-0 win today but I'll bet the highlights could be pulled together to show Wimbledon in a more favourable light than us.

Defensively, I thought James was poor. Ovidedo when fit has to play. Flanagan was not himself neither.

Power was non existent in the first half, Leadbitter was steady away.

Honeyman was quiet. Morgan looked lively, a clever player, but gave the ball away too regularly.

McGeady was the stand out player. The lad is quality and it's amazing we have a player of his calibre in league one. What a player.

Wyke is not good enough. He needs dropping, he is proving to be a wasteful signing.

The atmosphete, like Wyke, is not good enough. The Roker End is full of youngish lads who really should be leading by example.

We need to improve. As it stands, I'm not convinced by Ross's tactics. We set up rather defensively today and struggled to create chances. Things need to change asap imo to ensure we are promoted automatically, which is the aim.

You eat an elephant one bite at a time...3 points today, the only thing that matters is the next game.

I thought we were poor, they had the better chances and we won because we had a player capable of producing really quality. Can’t think of another chance we created, in fact I can’t recall another shot on target.
Having said that we are in a decent position and a win today was important, we just need to kick on now and we should get automatic promotion.

We have to play 442 but if Ross is adamant he wants to play 4231 the most forward central midfielder has to play further forward to support the striker.

Onien played the role well when he came on.

We have to play 2 strikers at home against the bottom team IMHO.

Who plays in the front two though mate? Wyke seems to add nothing.

I thought we were shit given the players we have at our disposal

Fair assessment.

This. Proper baffled by the op unless it's a whoosh.

I'm not a fan.

I thought we were poor, they had the better chances and we won because we had a player capable of producing really quality. Can’t think of another chance we created, in fact I can’t recall another shot on target.
Having said that we are in a decent position and a win today was important, we just need to kick on now and we should get automatic promotion.

How many shots did we actually have? Not many it seemed.

We have to play 442 but if Ross is adamant he wants to play 4231 the most forward central midfielder has to play further forward to support the striker.

Build up play was the problem. 0 shots on target in the first half.

Playing with 1 up front is fine, just need to move the ball quicker and put decent balls in.

Completely agree, that would give us more focus. At times today we had two players holding hands on each wing.

Who plays in the front two though mate? Wyke seems to add nothing.

Fair assessment.

I'm not a fan.
In fairness to Wyke today he had no support. Quinny in his prime would struggle in our team.

Wyke and Grigg or if JR is adamant he only wants to play 1 up front the most forward midielder has to support the striker much more...Onien did that job well when he came on.

Back