Mw3

Status
Not open for further replies.

the f***ing lag since the last patch has been horrendous

i just watched a killcam where i was looking the complete opposite way and fired no bullet, yet what I'd actually done is unloaded half a clip into him...

How do you you turn it off? and how do you view your video cant find a menu anywhere,all there is a icon of a video camera that does nowt.

I tried it and I dont think its made any difference to be honest mate. Someone suggested it to me as he found it somewhere online.

Give it a try though.

You can do it when you go to the main menu go to options. Inside theatre mode click disable.

Just noticed this -

http://myona.com/2011/11/22/main-priority-modern-warfare-3-patch-solve-lag-issues/

Robert Bowling of Infinity Ward said that the latest patch’s intent is to fix the lag issues that have plagued the game since its release. His Twitter revealed this nice detail recently, and nobody in an online game wants to put up with any level of lag or slowdown.

Because of how the engine works, you can quite literally be firing at someone during a laggy game, and have them vanish or appear right behind you for a sudden explosive or knife through your head for a kill. The patch will address these issues and improve overall responsiveness of the game.

The problem with online games is that the bigger they get, the more data servers have to give to multiple people. How much data can be given out at one time is important, and if the server gives it too slowly or cannot give it to everyone equally, lag begins to occur. Depending on how many things happen at once, the lag can be clientside or serverside, but ultimately it puts those suffering from it at a disadvantage. Unfortunately there are limits to just how quickly data can be transferred across the internet, meaning the optimization of the game is an important factor.

by 10% I would guess

In the context to my previous post it was correct as I had mentioned that he may be able to obtain the game for around 28 english pounds

The 10% off indeed would have reduced the price by the 10% you pointed out, however.....

I was referring of course to the difference between the 10% discount gained from buying it from the Hut and the cost it woul dbe to obtain it from afformentioned AVFORUMS.....

There... Ive explained myself :lol::lol: :oops:

I went back on for an hour last night and it seemed slightly better. It's nowhere near as good as Black Ops or MW1 though.

Edit: I also sold all the bits of shite that come with the Hardened Edition for £20 + postage on ebay.

Last edited:
In the context to my previous post it was correct as I had mentioned that he may be able to obtain the game for around 28 english pounds

The 10% off indeed would have reduced the price by the 10% you pointed out, however.....

I was referring of course to the difference between the 10% discount gained from buying it from the Hut and the cost it woul dbe to obtain it from afformentioned AVFORUMS.....

There... Ive explained myself :lol::lol: :oops:

I believe you :lol:

I went back on for an hour last night and it seemed slightly better. It's nowhere near as good as Black Ops or MW1 though.

I am half way through my first prestige and the weapons are much more balanced on this than any other cod. The problems are -

1) lag but apparently they are going to patch it (again)
2) maps have too many buildings and alleys but hopefully the map packs sort it
3) they are giving killstreaks to poor players
4) cod elite is a joke and they should have had the same menus as blackops with your personalised weapons and stats

overall, I am very happy with the game and with a tweak here and there it should be fine.

I am half way through my first prestige and the weapons are much more balanced on this than any other cod. The problems are -

1) lag but apparently they are going to patch it (again)
2) maps have too many buildings and alleys but hopefully the map packs sort it
3) they are giving killstreaks to poor players
4) cod elite is a joke and they should have had the same menus as blackops with your personalised weapons and stats

overall, I am very happy with the game and with a tweak here and there it should be fine.

Any idea when the first maps are out for it?

Any idea when the first maps are out for it?

There has been talk of a lot more map packs in this one. I dunno exactly mate.

Should be soon!

Edit: just checked and apparently they are releasing 20 maps over a 9 month period but its looking like 3 months after the release for the first one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back