Music Films / Documentaries

We Are Twisted F***** Sister is immense.
The four hour Tom Petty one is great too.
Scorcese's George Harrison one.
Dr Feelgood one.

Blue Suede Shoes 1980 film about the Teds and Rockabilly world then. Some great performances and a reminder that music tribalism was alive and kocking tgen

Standing in the shadows of Motown is a good watch.

The Muscle shoals doc is good too. (I did a road trip to Muscle Shoals, Clarksdale, and Memphis. Well worth it if you ever have the chance)

The story of Anvil is outstanding.

The death and resurrection show.Documentery film about Killing Joke.These fellas are off the map.They are into time portals and entering new dimensions,and loads of farout stuff. Very intense.My fave is Dig! though.Love the Brian Jonestown Massacre.Oh,and I love The Fearless Freaks,The Flaming Lips film,brilliant also.There are loads of good ones

Sorry I thought I'd posted this earlier

Watched it on IMDB. Does look good like.
Watched it a while ago. Might give it another go as I’m at Peter Hook doing Unknown Pleasure & Closer in a few weeks.
The death and resurrection show.Documentery film about Killing Joke.These fellas are off the map.They are into time portals and entering new dimensions,and loads of farout stuff. Very intense.My fave is Dig! though.Love the Brian Jonestown Massacre.Oh,and I love The Fearless Freaks,The Flaming Lips film,brilliant also.There are loads of good ones
Dig! is already on the list. Stick the other two on. Don’t know a lot about Killing Joke, so that’d be canny.

Last edited:
Watched it on IMDB. Does look good like.

Watched it a while ago. Might give it another go as I’m at Peter Hook doing Unknown Pleasure & Closer in a few weeks.

Dig! is already on the list. Stick the other two on. Don’t know a lot about Killing Joke, so that’d be canny.
I knew an old punk at work,who used to mention how crackers killing joke were.So I watched the film with that in mind.But I didn't know they were this crackers.Off the scale.

I really enjoyed the new Biffy Clyro documentary that's on Amazon Prime at the moment, been a fan of theirs since the early days so was great to see some old archive footage from the early 2000s - Biffy Clyro: Cultural Sons of Scotland [Official Trailer]

Foo Fighters: Back and Forth from 2011 is excellent too, may prove to be harder to watch now Taylor has sadly passed away but it was great to hear the bands history up to the Wasting Light album.

I liked the Kurt Cobain docs too (Montage of Heck / Soaked in Bleach)

Back