Music Films / Documentaries

First time I saw killing
I knew an old punk at work,who used to mention how crackers killing joke were.So I watched the film with that in mind.But I didn't know they were this crackers.Off the scale.
First time /best time I saw Killing Joke was at the Bear Pit in Newcastle 1983, whole set was incredible when they started Pssyche everybody just went f***ing ballistic . Easily one of the best bands I saw in their prime.

Telstar (the Joe Meek story) creates a good 60's atmosphere, and hat's off to Simon (tango) Jordan for the production. Funny, powerful and grim all at the same time.

Favourite quote: A washed up Heinz "I'm painting f**king buses Joe"

Watched it a while ago. Might give it another go as I’m at Peter Hook doing Unknown Pleasure & Closer in a few weeks.

The Jon Savage/Grant Gee doc from 2007 is excellent. Control is good as a film about Ian Curtis but the rest of the band & Factory are underplayed.

Twenty Four Hour Party People is a decent shout as well
Telstar (the Joe Meek story) creates a good 60's atmosphere, and hat's off to Simon (tango) Jordan for the production. Funny, powerful and grim all at the same time.

Don't think I've seen that, I love Joe Meek so I'll try to catch it.

Last edited:
Another vote for Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads.

I really enjoyed the LCD Soundsystem one for their ‘last’ show at MSG, been a while since I watched it though.

For any National fans, there’s a cracking podcast called Coffee and Flowers which is two superfans going through and talking about each song from Boxer, along with interviews with the band.

Punk in London on Netflix is good as is The Sparks Brothers also on Netflix.

Rolling Stones Charlie is my Darling is being shown this Easter but not sure if it's on BBC4 or Sky Arts.

'101' Depeche Mode obviously

I did enjoy the documentary on The Go-Gos that was on lately though
Another vote for Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads.

I really enjoyed the LCD Soundsystem one for their ‘last’ show at MSG, been a while since I watched it though.

For any National fans, there’s a cracking podcast called Coffee and Flowers which is two superfans going through and talking about each song from Boxer, along with interviews with the band.
And this.

Back