Music Films / Documentaries

That’s the great thing about music docs, dint have to be into the music to enjoy it.

With my limited knowledge on the genre I still rather enjoyed the set-up at the Superbowl last year, too. Thought it was fantastic.

Also, I watched an eight part documentary series on the history of country music a while back. In a borderline binge way. I have even less knowledge of that but it was great viewing.

Last edited:
With my limited knowledge on the genre I still rather enjoyed the set-up at the Superbowl last year, too. Thought it was fantastic.

Also, I watched an eight part documentary series on the history of country music a while back. In a borderline binge way. I have even less knowledge of that but it was great viewing.

I'm guessing that was the Ken Burns series?

I'm guessing that was the Ken Burns series?

Erm, not sure. Going to Google it. One sec.

Edit: I think so. It was very good but at the same time very emotional as well. Country music and hip hop music have a lot of tragic stories.

Last edited:
Just an educated guess from me as he's an acclaimed documentarian who did an 8 parter about country music.

It had a very nice flow throughout the series.

Edit: and just as I hit Post Reply Tammy Wynette came up on my Spotify playlist. That was bit spooky. :lol:

The death and resurrection show.Documentery film about Killing Joke.These fellas are off the map.They are into time portals and entering new dimensions,and loads of farout stuff. Very intense.My fave is Dig! though.

The singer in Eels did a good documentary about his relationship with his dad who apparently was THE leading light in the scientific world concerning parallel dimensions and that sort of stuff. Einstein was coming round to his way of thinking iirc.
It was way way above my heed. I only watched it to hear the songs.
The Jon Savage/Grant Gee doc from 2007 is excellent. Control is good as a film about Ian Curtis but the rest of the band & Factory are underplayed.

Twenty Four Hour Party People is a decent shout as well

Don't think I've seen that, I love Joe Meek so I'll try to catch it.
I saw the Telstar stage play in the west end. Easily the best theatre I’ve seen. SimonnJordan put the money up for it.

Last edited:

Back