Murder in springwell gateshead

everyone will say 'something needs to be done' and no one will come up with a solution that is realistic. you can never stop pure evil people from doing pure evil things, but you increase the amount of social services available to poorer communities, increase the amount of police on the streets, more prison space and quicker, more effective and harsher sentencing etc..

but nothing is going stop this over night

That's not what psychologists think. Take psychopaths, in the right conditions it can be a benefit to have no emotions and doesn't necessarily make you "evil". They think a lot of the top CEO's are psychopaths for example, but they were more often then not raised in a secure childhood. On the other hand, basically all murderers have experienced serious childhood trauma and that leads to a desire to inflict damage on others. Material conditions play a massive role in how we are conditioned.
I dont think that's true. There's plenty of murderers who grew up on healthy households without any trauma.

everyone will say 'something needs to be done' and no one will come up with a solution that is realistic. you can never stop pure evil people from doing pure evil things, but you increase the amount of social services available to poorer communities, increase the amount of police on the streets, more prison space and quicker, more effective and harsher sentencing etc..

but nothing is going stop this over night
All that costs money though.

Most murders are awful but when they're both the same age as my kid it makes it even worse. No idea of the circumstances but I'm just glad the bairn does other things rather than knock about the streets like I did

This.

Mine is 15 on Thursday and the current knife crime epidemic has me worried when he's out done the stack etc with his little marras.
No mate, South hylton, I know a couple of people who know the family,your right, it was a cockatiel, I thought it was a parrot.

Last edited:
A kid that young doing something like that, you can guarantee there will have been some childhood trauma there. Unfortunately knife crime will only continue to rise in this country unless we can get a proper social service system and mental health support in place.

Always someone else's fault.

What ever happened to people just being absolute twats?

My childhood and teenage years were quite awful but I never... NEVER.. thought about doing anything like this.

Last edited:

Back