Murder in springwell gateshead

I built a nursing home right in the middle of that estate a few year ago.Was proper rough as fuck.
Had nowt but chew from youths and young lads until it was sorted.

Wasn’t a nice area at all
My grandma lived on that estate from when she was married to when she died. She had brilliant caring neighbours and most were hard working decent folk. I don’t want to go down the I blame the parents route, maybe I should, but it is now a very deprived area with a great deal of unemployment and what seems a lack of respect for anyone and anything.
But to counter that I still know people from that estate who are spot on.
It’s horrendous and my heart goes out to his parents, truly awful.

A kid that young doing something like that, you can guarantee there will have been some childhood trauma there. Unfortunately knife crime will only continue to rise in this country unless we can get a proper social service system and mental health support in place.
Or perhaps a substantial deterrent from carrying knives. Far too many go through the system without any punishment.

About 30 years ago i was told by a lad i played squash with that where he worked as a care worker in a home for trouble kids that one lad had told him he didn't want to go out because all the local kids carried knives. If i've got this location right, its where this stabbing happened.

I've cycled through that area many times.

My method of expecting all kids to be vermin may not be the fairest, but it's safer for me.

The murderer is 14 years old. But we'll not know his name because of his age. 14 year old or not, expose the fucker and sentence him like an adult.

Absolutely sickening this like. He deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life, but won't.

Its public interest, their names should be exposed, their parents should also be punished, far too many cases of scum breading scum

Awful news , carrying blades seems far more common now

Even when I was mid teen I remember odd lads who would be tooled up and known for carrying at school , one well known lad springs to mind straightaway

The murderer is 14 years old. But we'll not know his name because of his age. 14 year old or not, expose the fucker and sentence him like an adult.

Absolutely sickening this like. He deserves to go to jail for the rest of his life, but won't.

If found guilty, absolutely. To be fair, I'd argue even if he's been nicked for it.
There's a part of me that thinks rehab is pointless. Cut that gene pool and move on.

A good case for sterilising, although behaviour can be taught as well as inherited.

Last edited:

Back