Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Or move the away fans to the South West corner and then have to move vocal home people who have been there since day one somewhere else. That's a problem created mate not one solved.

The bottom line is that there is not even a 'problem' in the first place.

Has...Has someone pissed in your coffee today fella?

The SWC is quiet mate.

No problem.

This thread is just like the "Premier Concourse is Closing" thread all over again and people crying over nothing. Grow up. Change is good.

It's good that you put some effort in, well done. Your personal contribution unfortunately does not appear to influence the overall atmosphere.

I've already stated my opinion and suggestions.

You appear to be upset.

That would be nice.

No I just think this whole thread and the original suggestion will cost the club money and annoy current season card holders at a time when we are trying to grow the support and reduce the cost base. I think its a rediculous and completely unnecessary suggestion.

The answer to the atmosphere issue (if indeed you think its even an issue), is to get behind the team more. Its that simple. Nobody needs to move, Some people need to move their tonsils a bit more though.

Has...Has someone pissed in your coffee today fella?

The SWC is quiet mate.

No problem.

This thread is just like the "Premier Concourse is Closing" thread all over again and people crying over nothing. Grow up. Change is good.

The premier concourse was closed to save the club money. Moving the away fans will cost the club money and for that reason, despite you thinking it will be a change for the good, it won't happen.

As opposed to suggestions that will clearly make it worse?

I made a suggestion mate. Win more home games and play better football.

Many people have selective memories here. Yes we had a good atmosphere when the stadium first opened but the team were winning. Dare I suggest it would have been even better back then had we already built the North Stand extension and put the away fans up there. There were loads of games that were bloody awful when we lost and the away fans had a party behind the goal.

The away fans were in the South stand during the 15 point and 19 point seasons for eg and the atmosphere was minging. I wonder why

Why don't we just move everyone who thinks this is a good idea next to away fans? That way you can all create the atmosphere you crave and leave those of us in the South stand to do the same?
Contradictory and deliberately imprecise.

That's just my opinion though.

I get the idea you are attached to the South Stand.

No I just think this whole thread and the original suggestion will cost the club money and annoy current season card holders at a time when we are trying to grow the support and reduce the cost base. I think its a rediculous and completely unnecessary suggestion.

The answer to the atmosphere issue (if indeed you think its even an issue), is to get behind the team more. Its that simple. Nobody needs to move, Some people need to move their tonsils a bit more though.

The premier concourse was closed to save the club money. Moving the away fans will cost the club money and for that reason, despite you thinking it will be a change for the good, it won't happen.

But....... it annoyed current season card holders who had their seats there.........

Wasn't that your point?

Contradictory and deliberately imprecise.

That's just my opinion though.

I get the idea you are attached to the South Stand.

Yes I am in the South Stand, Prior to the away fans moving I was in the North Stand. Where do you sit?

But....... it annoyed current season card holders who had their seats there.........

Wasn't that your point?

Yes and the club had to offer them sweeteners to move or risk losing a lot of them for good. The same would occur again and it would cost the club money. You are 100% correct as that is indeed my point.

Thing we need a head case corner whereby only chanters should be allowed in. The flask bearers and blanket huggers are ruining it for the real fans. Can't understand why they just can't fuck off to a Costa cafe on the motorway.

Some of them flask bearers created the Roker Roar... it’s the young home fans of today who need to be entertained before they start supporting the team which are the problem.
We have no problem at away matches and the reason why is the mature fans who get the singing going don’t want to mix with spotty faced kids with high pitches voices. It was the same at Roker where they set up there own sections in Paddocks, main stand and Roker end.
I think the The SWC should have stayed as it was and looked to extend it into south stand.

It's not, I think the only way it could work is if they had another campaign to try and create a group of like-minded fans that wish to stand in the same section and sing. They probably have to be at the front of the stand to create a visible presence like the Palace fans at Selhurst. The main chanters in the Roker End are right at the very back. Currently it's not working so needs more thought.

Personally I think an acoustic assessment needsundertaking and they should seek recommendations on how best to carry the noise throughout the ground. Perhaps nothing can be done, but it should at least be investigated further.

You want an acoustic section? Get the paper clackers out, some drums and kazoos and it will fix it :lol:

Last edited:
Some of them flask bearers created the Roker Roar... it’s the young home fans of today who need to be entertained before they start supporting the team which are the problem.
We have no problem at away matches and the reason why is the mature fans who get the singing going don’t want to mix with spotty faced kids with high pitches voices. It was the same at Roker where they set up there own sections in Paddocks, main stand and Roker end.
I think the The SWC should have stayed as it was and looked to extend it into south stand.

You want an acoustic section? Get the paper clackers out, some drums and kazoos and it will fix it :lol:

Where did I say that mate?

Have you missed all the recent threads the last few weeks saying our away atmospheres are shite?

The SWC is still there as it was, nothing was changed by the club regarding it. The South stand singing section was then introduced, with the exact idea you have said.

Or rather the Roker End as it is now called.

The atmosphere is crap. Move the away fans back to where they used to be to generate a proper atmosphere. Get the South West Corner bouncing again. Or better still...shift away fans into the family end of the South Stand and then we could have the SWC and section of South Stand to make more noise.

Martin O'Neil pushed for the away fans to move up a height to gain an advantage. Well it's done fuck all, we lost more home games than anyone else in the football league the last 3 or 4 seasons before this one and the atmosphere is shite.

I agree with this 100%. Put them in the Roker-East Corner.

Back