Mr Donald, please move the away fans back to the South Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why don’t we move The South Stand singing section up onto the concourse, rivalries renewed with away fans, no need to move away fans, atmosphere restored, family section could be expanded in the South Stand, it’s a win all round for me.

Canny bit of patter across two posts, neither of which contain a single suggestion on how to improve the atmosphere at the ground on match day.

As opposed to suggestions that will clearly make it worse?

I made a suggestion mate. Win more home games and play better football.

Many people have selective memories here. Yes we had a good atmosphere when the stadium first opened but the team were winning. Dare I suggest it would have been even better back then had we already built the North Stand extension and put the away fans up there. There were loads of games that were bloody awful when we lost and the away fans had a party behind the goal.

The away fans were in the South stand during the 15 point and 19 point seasons for eg and the atmosphere was minging. I wonder why?

Why don’t we move The South Stand singing section up onto the concourse, rivalries renewed with away fans, no need to move away fans, atmosphere restored, family section could be expanded in the South Stand, it’s a win all round for me.

Why don't we just move everyone who thinks this is a good idea next to away fans? That way you can all create the atmosphere you crave and leave those of us in the South stand to do the same?

Its a win win for me.

Last edited:

It’s probably the best option mate.

Canny bit of patter across two posts, neither of which contain a single suggestion on how to improve the atmosphere at the ground on match day.

I try to improve the atmosphere on a match day by standing in the South stand and joining in with the chants. I do the same at pretty much every away game and will not be missing another away match this season. That's my solution to this so called problem. What's yours?

The BCB would be a major stumbling block. Plus, the club would need to kit it out for away fans which will cost much needed funds
Sorry mate, I keep calling it the Sports Bar. Bloody thing, loved my seat there.

As opposed to suggestions that will clearly make it worse?

I made a suggestion mate. Win more home games and play better football.

Many people have selective memories here. Yes we had a good atmosphere when the stadium first opened but the team were winning. Dare I suggest it would have been even better back then had we already built the North Stand extension and put the away fans up there. There were loads of games that were bloody awful when we lost and the away fans had a party behind the goal.

The away fans were in the South stand during the 15 point and 19 point seasons for eg and the atmosphere was minging. I wonder why?

Why don't we just move everyone who thinks this is a good idea next to away fans? That way you can all create the atmosphere you crave and leave those of us in the South stand to do the same?

Its a win win for me.
I’m quite happy where I am in the North Stand marra, I couldn’t give a Scooby’s about atmosphere I go to the match to watch the football.
I was under the misguided impression that those in the singing stand (South Stand) were wanting to try and create a bit of atmosphere, my suggestion was an idea to try and accommodate everyone, it would appear I was wrong.
It’s amazing which posts people choose to respond to............isn’t it.

I try to improve the atmosphere on a match day by standing in the South stand and joining in with the chants. I do the same at pretty much every away game and will not be missing another away match this season. That's my solution to this so called problem. What's yours?
Could have been me writing that post. Unavoidably not been to an away game since February but am all clear now. Got my Scunthorpe and Oxford tickets and new coach travel that picks me up and drops me off outside my door. Get in.

North stand

So where do you then put the people who have season cards in the North Stand?

I suggest we move them to wherever the hell you sit and focibly move you to somewhere else away from those you have got used to sitting with. That OK with you?

Dead easy to suggest moving fellow season card holders all over the shop when its not your seat. I assume you have a season ticket?

Last edited:
Or rather the Roker End as it is now called.

The atmosphere is crap. Move the away fans back to where they used to be to generate a proper atmosphere. Get the South West Corner bouncing again. Or better still...shift away fans into the family end of the South Stand and then we could have the SWC and section of South Stand to make more noise.

Martin O'Neil pushed for the away fans to move up a height to gain an advantage. Well it's done fuck all, we lost more home games than anyone else in the football league the last 3 or 4 seasons before this one and the atmosphere is shite.

Move the away fans to the SWC, Problem solved.

I’m quite happy where I am in the North Stand marra, I couldn’t give a Scooby’s about atmosphere I go to the match to watch the football.
I was under the misguided impression that those in the singing stand (South Stand) were wanting to try and create a bit of atmosphere, my suggestion was an idea to try and accommodate everyone, it would appear I was wrong.
It’s amazing which posts people choose to respond to............isn’t it.

That's great mate, but some of your fellow fans want to move the away fans to the South stand (at a cost to the club both initially and ongoing), move the South stand fans to the North stand, which I then assume means you also get moved somewhere as well. Needless to say none of the people suggesting these 'improvements' will want to move from their seat as that would be daft (in the same way you have stated yourself that you don't want to move either in the above post)..........But it will be great and the atmosphere will apparently be much better once half the existing season card holders have been forcibly moved against their will. Its a win win apparently......

Oh and bugger the extra costs, we are not a bank and its not about the money, so just get on with it Donald. You know it makes sense!!!!

It's good that you put some effort in, well done. Your personal contribution unfortunately does not appear to influence the overall atmosphere.

I've already stated my opinion and suggestions.

You appear to be upset.
How about we all make a bit nore noise
That would be nice.

That's great mate, but some of your fellow fans want to move the away fans to the South stand (at a cost to the club both initially and ongoing), move the South stand fans to the North stand, which I then assume means you also get moved somewhere as well. Needless to say none of the people suggesting these 'improvements' will want to move from their seat as that would be daft (in the same way you have stated yourself that you don't want to move either in the above post)..........But it will be great and the atmosphere will apparently be much better once half the existing season card holders have been forcibly moved against their will. Its a win win apparently......

Oh and bugger the extra costs, we are not a bank and its not about the money, so just get on with it Donald. You know it makes sense!!!!
Trouble is how many of the season ticket holders would say F#%&K it if they were moved

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back