MPs want to ban smoking outside of pubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time to bring back old-fashioned smoking lounges.
When I was on holiday in Lagos, Portugal a few years ago there was a couple of bars across the road from the Tivoli hotel - both run by the same bloke.

One allowed smoking inside and the other - catering mainly for families, didn't.

Obviously that can't be the case in many places but separate rooms might be the answer.

I packed in smoking 13 years ago (when they banned smoking in pubs) by using one of those nicotine sprays that you shove up your nose. It made it so easy to give up the tabs although it knacked your nose at first. Of course, you get hooked on them instead of tabs but it's far, far easier to give the sprays up.

If nowt else, these threads always show what a bunch of angry fascists non-smokers are. They should have a tab and calm down.

I've never smoked but voted to allow smoking outside at The SOL. Used to love watching the main stand at Roker when I was a nipper and see how many tabs were getting lit up. It was like a Coldplay concert. I've always like the smell of cigarette smoke outside.

Could always make it optional for pubs, those that want to go totally smoke free outside and those that will carry on as they are now.
Means the non smokers who don’t want to be near smokers can have their pubs and smokers and people who couldn’t care less can have others

Could always make it optional for pubs, those that want to go totally smoke free outside and those that will carry on as they are now.
Means the non smokers who don’t want to be near smokers can have their pubs and smokers and people who couldn’t care less can have others
I think that already is an option. 😂

I think that already is an option. 😂
Make it official although I suspect the ones that go totally smoke free will start to struggle customer wise.
Personally it doesn’t really bother me if I’m out with me mates and they are smoking

Your aren't allowed to smoke on hospital grounds at all in most hospitals but no-one takes any notice and no-one is willing to police it.
You`re absolutely right. They should do though as there`s nothing worse than walking through a cloud of smoke to get into a hospital

Make it official although I suspect the ones that go totally smoke free will start to struggle customer wise.
Personally it doesn’t really bother me if I’m out with me mates and they are smoking

About 30 people in the club yesterday when I walked in and only 2 were smokers. If they stopped coming then we'd really struggle like.

Smokers are the modern day leper.

Shifty demeanour, sallow yellow skin and rotting teeth.

Female smokers seem to develop a wrinkled upper lip that ages them.

The quicker this dangerous anti social habit is banned the better.

When I was on holiday in Lagos, Portugal a few years ago there was a couple of bars across the road from the Tivoli hotel - both run by the same bloke.

One allowed smoking inside and the other - catering mainly for families, didn't.

Obviously that can't be the case in many places but separate rooms might be the answer.

There is an old-fashioned, wonderful tobacco shop near the station in Newcastle that blends your pipey baccy to your personal taste as you wait. @mux and I went there last year and they even have a smoking room at the back of the shop. We are going there with our pipeys when am back over next month and I cannot wait. We didn't see the smoking room last year up close but I have high hopes for it being good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back