Moyes poll: should he stay or should he go?

Keep or get rid of DM?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

This is the impression I get but it's a flawed strategy. The manager is the most important cog in the chain of command. I think he's already proved he hasn't got what it takes and if the fans make it clear they don't want him, then his position is untenable.

Problem is everyone wants instant success nowadays - it took Shankly years to get Liverpool out of the second division, and it Bobby Robson time to get it right with England, and years to get it right with Ipswich.

Perhaps a little patience would be rewarded?

Pearson will do a job in the championship i dont think the other 2 would join us i know Roy very well and he defo would not come here.
i can also tell you as far as the club is concerned they will not sack Moyes, he will have to leave.
bob
This Pearson?

'After a year out of football, Pearson was appointed manager of Championship team Derby County on a three-year contract on 27 May 2016. Pearson left the club by mutual consent on 8 October 2016, with Derby 20th in the Championship.'

I smell a Moyes apologist :lol:
I prefer the term 'Moyes supporter' ;)

Last edited:
Problem is everyone wants instant success nowadays - it took Shankly years to get Liverpool out of the second division, and it Bobby Robson time to get it right with England, and years to get it right with Ipswich.

Those teams were not going backwards and facing financial ruin if they lost out on £100m of TV income, while being crippled with £160m (not checked this figure) of debt.

Do you think we should have shown patience with Wilkinson or Di Canio and if we had we would be a comfortable mid-table side now?

Those teams were not going backwards and facing financial ruin if they lost out on £100m of TV income, while being crippled with £160m (not checked this figure) of debt.

Do you think we should have shown patience with Wilkinson or Di Canio and if we had we would be a comfortable mid-table side now?
Moyes has hardly been as bad as Howard Wilkinson!

Moyes has hardly been as bad as Howard Wilkinson!
Wilkinson didn't have an England striker and future England goalkeeper at his disposal but at least had the top title on his CV. Gawd nars whether Wilko would have come good, someone has to make a judgement. My guess is he'd have struggled and so will Moyes.

Come on Ellis. The poll closed last week. The result is overwhelming.

Sack the miserable, useless bassa without further delay.

It'll give us hope for the Championship season and we can begin the campaign positively.

Come on Ellis. The poll closed last week. The result is overwhelming.

Sack the miserable, useless bassa without further delay.

It'll give us hope for the Championship season and we can begin the campaign positively.
He's lying in a darkened room with a severe migraine cursing Bain and Moyes. The Watford game may be the catalyst for change. Win or draw he stays; lose he goes. At least I hope Short is giving it serious consideration. The limp wristed way we've decided relegation is a certainty boils my piss.

How are those examples even remotely similar to our situation? It took Shankly three years to get promotion after two near misses, so it was clear he was moving in the right direction. When you say it took years for Robson to get it right at Ipswich I assume you mean high placed finishes? His first few seasons were average but he didn't relegate them ffs!

Yeah, but we're impatient because we don't want to get relegated :rolleyes:

Last edited:
If Moyes can't do what PDC & Poyet did who are both novice managers in comparison then it proves hes not the long term answer, he did a fantastic job at Preston & Everton but his career has gone backwards since, was treated unfairly at OT IMO, but the players didn't play for him, and I think the same is happening here.

You can either stick with him, let him clear the decks, and if things don't improve you essentially handcuff any new manager.

It has kept us in the division, but by sticking with him almost everyone believes we are going down. I'm not sure what your view on success and failure are, but I'm counting getting relegated as failure.
its death by the 1000 cuts... 5 years in a row the trick was going to wear out eventually. success to me was not getting beat at home by barnsley, but then times change... what do you call "doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back