Moyes: My players aren't even doing the basics right

Status
Not open for further replies.
What David Moyes did at Everton has very little importance or relevance to our results this season. Same as at Man United or in Spain
I haven't said it does tbf, just pointing out the difference between Di Canio and Moyes. The words of a manager like Moyes who worked wonders at Everton and was hand picked for arguably the biggest managerial opening in world football should hold more weight than Di Canio who's managerial CV includes a couple of years at Swindon and less than half a season with us.

Seriously, is he going to fuck off with this? When Di Canio publicly criticised his players, he was a lunatic and incompetent. When this serotonin thief does it, he still has a load of support.

If he's stealing your serotonin in press conferences, its indicative of what football and the club mean to fans. That we are drained of it after a match is more concerning altogether and he does need to think about how he's going to breed positivity amongst the fans, or to many cortisol fueled fans will rise up against the players and the manager and then it gets messy as people smell blood.
We need some positive transfer news and a reaction on the pitch...get that and the fans will be on side and we can go again.

Nowt simple, that's only an opinion. I'm on about the shambles that England and Allardyce had left the club in so close to the season opener and making our recruitment difficult. The players brought in were a mixture of young 'uns and whatever deals could have been made in the space of time Moyes had. Apparently some were who Allardyce had suggested, but I can't back that up with fact. The disaster was the amount of players that managed to get injuries. Also that better side had key players missing, almost from the start.
Sam and the club didn't make any moves to bring in M'Vila or Yedlin. Moyes brought in Love in place of Yedlin, no one knows whether that will turn out a better deal. People on here slag off McNair but the lad did score two goals (it seems cup goals don't count) I've seen Defoe play shite but very few criticise him. I do, however, because he has cost us goals on plenty of occasions. I won't criticise McNair as I only saw him have a few games, and I've watched plenty of football to realise that some players need a little time to get going. So it's not exactly that simple.
Sam also shifted blame even in the Southampton game when he was clearly to blame for the stupid substitution.

He's one of the biggest reasons we are always in this shite we find ourselves in. Past it and needs to gone ASAP.
:lol::lol:

Crap press conferences, motivation or lack of, poor substitutions, bad results

Very easy to point the finger at the players, i'm sure Moyes would be the first to take credit if we were doing well.

Press conferences :lol: They mean zip.

The rest, fairy nuff. Although winning games isn't the basics, it's the ultimate objective.

I know there's only so much the manager can do once the players are on the pitch, but saying the players aren't doing the basics right fires the spotlight back on himself - people will ask why can't he get his men organised?
Like you said, a Tony Pulis or even a Sean Dyche team can do the basics right (whilst generally not being the most talented sides around).

If he insists on playing with Janazai its like defending with 10 men. I cant think of a Sunderland manager in recent times who would play with luxury of 2 players not defending. Even Defoe when the Dutch man played him out wide was a defender in that role.
We aren't good enough to take the game to oppo and get best out of Janasai.
Defend and trust Defoe to nick a goal

Do you mean all three should be irrelevant?
If so, I agree.

Yeah mate.

Press conferences :lol: They mean zip.

The rest, fairy nuff. Although winning games isn't the basics, it's the ultimate objective.

They don't though. In today's age of being a modern manager, handling the media is quite important. Not only is it the major chance for managers to speak and connect with fans but it can ultimately determine how you are perceived across social media, the internet, newspapers etc.

I don't think anyone would be inspired, motivated or happy with the way Moyes has acted in press conferences.

It's not the main issue you're right but if you're struggling on the pitch what you do off the pitch is all the more important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back