Moyes: My players aren't even doing the basics right

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have been completely hopeless at defending any type of cross or set piece all season long. Moyes has done absolutely zero to address this glaring issue.

His plan A is all 11 back, zonal marking and not putting players on both posts. It hasn't worked at all. His plan B is erm...

He's stealing a living this f***ing chump.

Can't disagree with any of that. The players just aren't trying. You dont need coaching to track a runner rather than just let him run by as your trot back. You don't need coaching to be brave and block a shot rather than stand and turn your back. They are taking the piss out of everyone linked to the club.
If this is the case then what is the point in having Moyes here? If we know he can't make a difference what change could we expect?

We have been completely hopeless at defending any type of cross or set piece all season long. Moyes has done absolutely zero to address this glaring issue.

His plan is all 11 back, zonal marking and not putting players on both posts. It hasn't worked at all. His plan B is erm...

He's stealing a living this f***ing chump.
Be accused of having an agenda. Moyes doesn't seem to want to be part of this either . What a bloody state we are in.

If Moyes can't do anything about it why is he still here? If he was going to change things he would have done it by now. The real question isn't 'why' is he saying this it is 'why now' when all this has been apparent all season, imo it is because he is worried he is soon to be sacked and is trying to make excuses, same as Bruce and Poyet.

Completely different circumstances though, Big Sam inherited a failing squad, he identified its failings to set about fixing them. Moyes inherited a OK side and has had more than enough time to put his mark on the team, while the blame should be shared between him and the players he is trying to shift his fair share onto them and I don't see anyway this doesn't make things worse.
Moyes needs to look at himself because he simply cant do the basics

If this is the case then what is the point in having Moyes here? If we know he can't make a difference what change could we expect?

That's a valid point. It's the same old marra... Players stop trying, manager gets the bullet... It's disgusting.

3rd club where your players can't do the basics. I have a funny feeling that you are the f....g problem!

That's a valid point. It's the same old marra... Players stop trying, manager gets the bullet... It's disgusting.
For me the only hope is we get manager who can motivate them better, even if just till the end of the season to start the cycle again. I can certainly see why someone would see a futility to this.

John O'shea seems to have escaped critcism for his part in both goals.
He was flat footed and didn't jump for the first goal and nutmeged by Phillips for the 2nd.
It was clear again there was no leader or motivator on the pitch.

People on here were saying what a great performance we had at Liverpool, it was woeful.
Got exactly what we deserved, I find that pissed me off more than what we are churning out now because we had the opportunity to actually get something but were totally negative.

At the moment we don't have that cutting edge to win football matches and that is because we are down to the bare bones.
Maybes Moyes should just keep his mouth shut but nothing he has said is a surprise, it's plain to see.
Maybe the bad results are the norm.

I hate to break it to you Davey lad but they have stopped playing for you

I disagree when you look at the liverpool performance.. Basic mistakes costing us games, we need to be more solid and start turning losses into draws we arent solid enough to snatch a draw here and there

He was flat footed and didn't jump for the first goal and nutmeged by Phillips for the 2nd.
He's like f***ing Teflon mate, he lost his man (Gareth McAuley) because he was ball watching and allowed him to head it on for Fletcher to ram home then got skinned like a school kid for the second, yet no fucker seemed to notice.

Seriously, is he going to fuck off with this? When Di Canio publicly criticised his players, he was a lunatic and incompetent. When this serotonin thief does it, he still has a load of support.
Because he's shown he can manage a team successfully for an extended period of time, Di Canio hasn't, yet for some reason a lot love him on here.

He did. A few times he came out and said they weren't listening to him, we're sitting too deep etc after throwing away leads.

What are the basics he isn't do that a manager should be? And is it comparable with players simply not running, bottling tackles, turning their backs on shots?

Crap press conferences, motivation or lack of, poor substitutions, bad results

Very easy to point the finger at the players, i'm sure Moyes would be the first to take credit if we were doing well.

Because he's shown he can manage a team successfully for an extended period of time, Di Canio hasn't, yet for some reason a lot love him on here.

What David Moyes did at Everton has very little importance or relevance to our results this season. Same as at Man United or in Spain

PDC did not say from day one we are in a relegation battle this negative twat should f off

You seem to have evaded my point that the situations were so different it didn't make sense to compare them together.

To address your new points. It didn't take long to identify it took time to fix, how you can claim he didn't sort the problems is beyond me when we only got beat 3 times in our last 18 and still considered ourselves unlucky at the time. Moyes inherited a better side than any of our previous managers that kept us up, hardly a shambles, it was the basis for a decent side but then Moyes was a disaster in the market. Of course a better manager would do better, I not even going to debate you on something so simple.
Nowt simple, that's only an opinion. I'm on about the shambles that England and Allardyce had left the club in so close to the season opener and making our recruitment difficult. The players brought in were a mixture of young 'uns and whatever deals could have been made in the space of time Moyes had. Apparently some were who Allardyce had suggested, but I can't back that up with fact. The disaster was the amount of players that managed to get injuries. Also that better side had key players missing, almost from the start.
Sam and the club didn't make any moves to bring in M'Vila or Yedlin. Moyes brought in Love in place of Yedlin, no one knows whether that will turn out a better deal. People on here slag off McNair but the lad did score two goals (it seems cup goals don't count) I've seen Defoe play shite but very few criticise him. I do, however, because he has cost us goals on plenty of occasions. I won't criticise McNair as I only saw him have a few games, and I've watched plenty of football to realise that some players need a little time to get going. So it's not exactly that simple.
Sam also shifted blame even in the Southampton game when he was clearly to blame for the stupid substitution.

He's one of the biggest reasons we are always in this shite we find ourselves in. Past it and needs to gone ASAP.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back