Moyes: My players aren't even doing the basics right

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the reason we are shit is:

A) The players are bottle jobs. Not tracking runners, making tackles/blocks

B) We have got a horrendous injury list.

C) Our organisation in every facet of the game is embarrassingly piss poor.

D) Dave's a bit negative and moany.

So A stop picking the fuckers. Send in the kids. If Davey comes out and says the first team lads are letting me down so the kids are gonna show them how its done in terms of effort, desire and workrate until the billy big bollcock fuckers match their workrate on the training pitch and on a match day they'll sit in the stands.

Now.... B. In this day and age the training regime and recovery programmes can reduce the risk of even impact injuries let alone strains etc. So is the medical department being listened too? Dunno. Is Big Dave, Rob and Brace working the fuckers too hard (doubt it) or wrongly loading the session. Who knows, not me. But something is up.

C. The biggest concern for me. Done a little bit of coaching and organisation is the simplest thing to instill into a squad that is bereft of quality and confidence. Simplicity and repetition on the training park. Coaching staff are f***ing up.

D. We aren't looking for excuses we are looking for solutions. Or hope, give us a bit hope.

That's 5mins I'll never get back. Night x

:lol: spot on! I honestly wish footballers were all given pay as you play contracts, it would increase competition tenfold.

I've been saying it all season, players are making the same mistakes ower and ower again, yet nowt changes? Poor training methods, poor coaching and poor communication....

“Obviously the situation we are in is disappointing but I think you have to keep doing the basics well. If you were being fair you would say the basics are not what we are doing well.

“The basics on the pitch are making sure you block shots, do all those things and be in the correct position in the first place, all those sort of things. I just don’t think we are doing the basics well enough.”

I've only reached this point in the article so far, but have to say PVA's 'attempt' at this for Fletcher's goal on Saturday was shocking.

Left-back Chris Brunt had advanced to the edge of the area untracked, however, and fired into the top corner.
This was a disgrace too.

Seriously, is he going to fuck off with this? When Di Canio publicly criticised his players, he was a lunatic and incompetent. When this serotonin thief does it, he still has a load of support.
Because it was true then and is true now, these players are stealing a living they can barely muster a five years pass to one another man that's not on the manager that's on them.

I've only reached this point in the article so far, but have to say PVA's 'attempt' at this for Fletcher's goal on Saturday was shocking.

This was a disgrace too.
Not only was he untracked there wasn't a Sunderland player down that whole side of the pitch, again what can a manager do when the players can't do the f***ing basics man. You watch any other team in this league they pass move look to do something you watch us and it's static a team full of bottlers bottling the situation.

Last edited:
So the reason we are shit is:

A) The players are bottle jobs. Not tracking runners, making tackles/blocks

B) We have got a horrendous injury list.

C) Our organisation in every facet of the game is embarrassingly piss poor.

D) Dave's a bit negative and moany.

So A stop picking the fuckers. Send in the kids. If Davey comes out and says the first team lads are letting me down so the kids are gonna show them how its done in terms of effort, desire and workrate until the billy big bollcock fuckers match their workrate on the training pitch and on a match day they'll sit in the stands.

Now.... B. In this day and age the training regime and recovery programmes can reduce the risk of even impact injuries let alone strains etc. So is the medical department being listened too? Dunno. Is Big Dave, Rob and Brace working the fuckers too hard (doubt it) or wrongly loading the session. Who knows, not me. But something is up.

C. The biggest concern for me. Done a little bit of coaching and organisation is the simplest thing to instill into a squad that is bereft of quality and confidence. Simplicity and repetition on the training park. Coaching staff are f***ing up.

D. We aren't looking for excuses we are looking for solutions. Or hope, give us a bit hope.

That's 5mins I'll never get back. Night x
I can't argue with any of that. My main worry is we are seeing the same patterns here as we did with Man Utd and Sociedad. And the same excuses.

they all do seem better when they aint available:lol::lol:;)
I think Ndong has done alright and did when he was playing for us as well. Kone, Kirchoff and Khazri have been absolutely shit this season and none of those are currently available either. It's a disgrace considering how key they were to our survival last season.

Fans have been saying this for f***ing eons, yet no manager seems to fix them (BSA done well to get the defence sorted like).

Simple things like picking up players and not just marking space so they pass around us.
Tracking runners.
Not hoofing the ball away every time you get it.
Stopping crosses.
Not allowing wingers to cut inside, make them beat you down the outside, get the perfect cross in and then have to beat defender/keeper.
Not kicking the ball up to Defoe 20 foot above his head.
Pass to any man that is available on throw ins, not just hoof it up the line where we give it away. Keep possession.
If you do close down your man, don't then just run off and leave him if he passes it to someone else, keep tracking him.
If you pass the ball, make space for a return. Simple triangles are taught at school yet our team seem oblivious.
The list could go on and on and on and on...

Till we get the basics, we will never be anything more than cannon fodder every season. These fuckers are paid a stupid wages yet not one of them can get the team doing basic stuff. And this isn't just this team, it's been different players for seasons with only a few who can actually get basics right.

I hate to break it to you Davey lad but they have stopped playing for you
It's that the same thing that happened to Newcastle last season, their record under Rafa was pretty good, if they'd sacked Biscuit heed earlier they might have stayed up.

I was reading some of the stuff he said at Sociedad. The fans didn't like the negative tactics but he stressed he wanted the players to be more attacking.

I may be reading to much into it but if the players are more attacking surely thats reflected n the tactics being more proactive? He is a conundrum is Big Dave.

I may be reading to much into it but if the players are more attacking surely thats reflected n the tactics being more proactive? He is a conundrum is Big Dave.
He want to bring a more British style to La Real but the British style never works aboard. It doesn't even work in the Premier League. Also finance was another big one and not getting the players he wanted. Danny Ings, Tim Cahill and Aaron Lennon.

He want to bring a more British style to La Real but the British style never works aboard. It doesn't even work in the Premier League. Also finance was another big one and not getting the players he wanted. Danny Ings, Tim Cahill and Aaron Lennon.

Is there such a thing as 'British' style in the Premier League anymore? Burnley are the closest I would suggest. As Mike Bassett would say 4-4-f***ing-2!

All the top clubs have foreign superstars and British supporting acts. Dele Alli and Harry Kane get plaudits but Eriksen and Dembele make Spurs tick.

Moyes is a dinosaur.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back