Mountain Daisy

Davey Mason had it at on stage after selling the Sportsmans arms, then left to buy the Fleece. Great bloke
cannit remember who the gaffer was but canny bunch of Lads played for them and always a great spread on for after the match. Good crack with them when they came to us at Boldon anarl

cannit remember who the gaffer was but canny bunch of Lads played for them and always a great spread on for after the match. Good crack with them when they came to us at Boldon anarl
Some great lads, Davey White, great darts player, sadly, my dad, Roy Douglas passed away last January, he was well renowned in the darts and Dom's circles, as well as bowls, pigeons, football and shipbuilding.

Photos in today's Echo. I honestly thought the pub was finished when I last visited: half a dozen youngsters in there eating takeaways and seemingly not giving a fuck. I think I mentioned it on here at the time: it was like Lord of the Flies.

Anyway, it looks absolutely class from the photos and I'll definitely be paying it a visit.

Photos in today's Echo. I honestly thought the pub was finished when I last visited: half a dozen youngsters in there eating takeaways and seemingly not giving a fuck. I think I mentioned it on here at the time: it was like Lord of the Flies.

Anyway, it looks absolutely class from the photos and I'll definitely be paying it a visit.
It looks spot on like. Might have a dodge in on Friday on way into town.

The problem today is the youngens don’t have the closing at 11 thing to take into account.

Back when that was an issue you were out pretty early and would do the Hylton Road crawl and would find bars busy early doors.

That trade is lost now with the change in habits, probably forever, so it’s very difficult for pubs not in city centres to have a good turnover making them successful.

Well that’s my take on things.

The problem today is the youngens don’t have the closing at 11 thing to take into account.

Back when that was an issue you were out pretty early and would do the Hylton Road crawl and would find bars busy early doors.

That trade is lost now with the change in habits, probably forever, so it’s very difficult for pubs not in city centres to have a good turnover making them successful.

Well that’s my take on things.
That would start about 6pm.

Got to be a numbers game, you cannot be fussy with the location in my opinion, has Sunderland suddenly became the culture capital of Europe?
No. If Fosters is what you like, go there or Sinatras. If you prefer a craft ale or something a bit different, try the Isis, Dun Cow, Kings Arms maybe. I don't drink Fosters and those types of lagers so I won't be frequenting.

Back