MotM vs "A Young Manchester City side"

Status
Not open for further replies.

09 by a margin for me. McGeouch was decent and got better as the game went on.

Impressed with Robson too. Made a hell of a difference when he came on.
Sums it up for me, would like to give a bit of praise to Ozturk anarl he's not anywhere near as bad as some seem to think on here, are they still judging him on his Charlton performance?!

Thought the 'kids from fame' played some lovely possession football without creating much but you could see anyone of them just seamlessly slotting in to the first team if needed, Rosler's son at the back was cool as.

Sums it up for me, would like to give a bit of praise to Ozturk anarl he's not anywhere near as bad as some seem to think on here, are they still judging him on his Charlton performance?!

Thought the 'kids from fame' played some lovely possession football without creating much but you could see anyone of them just seamlessly slotting in to the first team if needed, Rosler's son at the back was cool as.

Agreed about their players. They were tremendous. Their touch, passing and movement was so much better than ours, but they never really looked like scoring, whereas we could have had 6 or 7. Was Rosler’s son the captain? The one constantly in the ref’s ear trying to get Catts sent off? If so, then yes he was quality (when not being a little twat).

Yes, Ozturk was good. Can’t see how Loovens was getting in the team ahead of him.

Agreed about their players. They were tremendous. Their touch, passing and movement was so much better than ours, but they never really looked like scoring, whereas we could have had 6 or 7. Was Rosler’s son the captain? The one constantly in the ref’s ear trying to get Catts sent off? If so, then yes he was quality (when not being a little twat).

Yes, Ozturk was good. Can’t see how Loovens was getting in the team ahead of him.
Aye the fair haired CB, looks a prospect. Don't think we will see Loovens again tbh, at least i hope not!

No-one stood out, for me. The really worrying thing was that we struggled to control the centre of the park against a kids team.
I didn’t see the game but this is literally the first time I’ve seen anyone say this. Both on TalkSPORT2 and on here everyone has been saying how well McGeouch and O’Nien did.

O’Nien, McGeouch and Ozturk.

McGeouch gets quite a bit of stick but rarely gives the ball away.
That's because he ALWAYS looks for a backwards pass.

The second goal came directly from the crowd urging him to pass it forward when we had four players in good attacking positions while he was deciding which centre half to knock it back to.

He managed one beautiful defence-splitting ball in the first half, unfortunately it was our defence.

There's a good player in there if he can change his mentality. He makes Thirlwell look like Pirlo.

I didn’t see the game but this is literally the first time I’ve seen anyone say this. Both on TalkSPORT2 and on here everyone has been saying how well McGeouch and O’Nien did.
That's fine. I thought a bunch of our players had solid games... Ruiter, Ozturk, Baldwin, Oviedo, McGeouch, O'Nien, Watmore, Oviedo, Maguire and Robson (when he came on). For me, though, none of these stood out as a clear MotM.

McGeouch sounded very composed on the commentary mate. The game seemed to pass Catts and Maguire by, tho.
:lol:
Ssshhhhhh

No-one stood out, for me. The really worrying thing was that we struggled to control the centre of the park against a kids team.
This. They had some tidy footballers and played some lovely stuff at times - better than owt we've seen here this season. It was like a training game for them - keep doing this and keep doing that and play the Pep way. You could have plucked any one of their midfielders out and stuck them in the senior side on a Saturday afternoon and they probably wouldn't look too far out of place. Give that, I'm not sure it was worrying that we struggled to control the game, but rather it was sad reminder of the level we're at. I think we were the only team out there that really wanted to win the game, and we did.

That's because he ALWAYS looks for a backwards pass.

The second goal came directly from the crowd urging him to pass it forward when we had four players in good attacking positions while he was deciding which centre half to knock it back to.

He managed one beautiful defence-splitting ball in the first half, unfortunately it was our defence.

There's a good player in there if he can change his mentality. He makes Thirlwell look like Pirlo.
:lol:

He's shite mind. I dint care what his fan club on here thinks. He's shite.

Anyway, if it wasn't their keeper, then Adam Matthews is the correct answer.

Last edited:
Very good performance all around from the team, really enjoyed the game for a change. Cattermole just looks physically knackered though.

Benji, O'Nien, Watmore all quite impressive. Robson was excellent when he came on and Gooch took the goal really well. Not a bad performance from anyone imo.
What do you mean by 'Physically Knackered' marra! Tired or shot!?

Onien is the correct answer.

Robson deserves credit for one of his first touches, which was a neat and direct pass, forward, under pressure, straight into the feet of Kimps, showing up cattermole in the process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back