MotM vs "A Young Manchester City side"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very good performance all around from the team, really enjoyed the game for a change. Cattermole just looks physically knackered though.

Benji, O'Nien, Watmore all quite impressive. Robson was excellent when he came on and Gooch took the goal really well. Not a bad performance from anyone imo.

Matthews played well. Had a hard task against their quick lad Braaf but he handled him well. Good game going forward

Onien for me...weve been desperate for a midfielder to get into the box..he did the job .Very good display(and a mention for Ozturk who played well)

O’Nien for me, covered a hell of a lot of ground closing them down.
Ozturk played ok.
Overall although we were never threatened we were poor in keeping the ball which is an ongoing problem Ross needs to sort.

Not man of the match, but it’s f***ing beyond me how we can afford to have a player like Oviedo bench warming every week.

Rete, promising performance from most, Catts was crap, but we’ve got the win and a clean sheet with Ozturk playing (whom personally I hope is given more of a chance to defend himself).

So we’ve got 10 days prep for next game, looking at our centre midfield options with Robson back and Matthews allowing O’Nien into his natural position. Makes you wonder if we need Leadbitter. I’ve always thought Gooch could be canny in the centre but he hasn’t been given that role so i can only assume JR doesn’t think so.

I’m excited about Kimpioka like, intrigued by his position in our squad, think the more he’s involved the better he could get. If we don’t sign a winger this window I’d use him.

Depends what formation Ross has in mind.

No-one stood out, for me. The really worrying thing was that we struggled to control the centre of the park against a kids team.
... and I thought Cattermole should have been sent off for the tackle he made on the young kid (#66?) in the first half. The Man City youth players looked really good on the ball and the only area they seemed to really fall short was that they were physically lightweight due to their age. It was a really good performance by them against older more experienced players. Given a couple of years, based on that, I imagine a lot of them will be light years ahead of most, if not all of our players who played tonight, to be fair. Undoubtedly in their technical abilities - although that by no means accounts for everything. It’ll be interesting to see how they get on in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back