Most famous person you have ever met?

Chris eubank, walking round Manchester on his tod at 4am on a Sunday morning in a yellow suit, taller than a thought

Frank Bruno on the steps of The Roker Hotel n he was with Anth McGill not that long after the Tyson fight.
Declan Donnelly was on our flight from Heathrow to Ponteland n was saying to mrs hope he’s sitting near us to wind him up as this was 2007

Paul Rudd I think.

Then Michael Shannon, John Barnes, Craig Charles and Matt Baker (school so doesn’t really count).

Our lass met the king. But he was only prince then so not exciting.

Margo Robbie probably. Had a nice chat about Scotland with Gerard Butler but had no idea who he was till the wife told me.

Once randomly shared a lift with Danny Glover. I didn’t say “I’m getting too old for this shit” which I’ll regret forever.

About ten years ago me and HBT met a lad who used to post on here. He was the guitarist for Imelda May.
Paul Rudd I think.

Then Michael Shannon, John Barnes, Craig Charles and Matt Baker (school so doesn’t really count).

Our lass met the king. But he was only prince then so not exciting.
He’s done ok. From dead pop star to king.

Last edited:
Once spoke to Sue Pollard on the phone. And also a Scottish woman who once owned a famous grizzly bear called Hercules, although she was significantly less famous than her bear.

My brother became pals with her husband Andy after meeting him windsurfing in Lanzarote , he was as mad as a hatter but good company with it.

He went to his house once to see the bear.

And by met I mean actually conversed with, not I saw robbie williams on stage once.

Not sure who is more famous but mine would be Sophie Ellis Bexter or Kelly Jones (lead singer of the stereophonics).

Both happened a few years ago now.

Sophie Ellis Bexter's child (Little ginger boy) was eating chips off my plate when I wasn't looking and she rushed over to apologise.

Was backstage waiting for Noel Gallagher to finish his set at the isle of wight, was hoping to meet him and he got ushered by with some bodyguards. Rather gutted, I strolled away before bumping into Kelly Jones who was just hanging about there for some reason. More than happy to get a picture taken, lovely bloke.

Unfortunately the lass who I got to take a picture of us on my phone was utterly hopeless and I stupidly didn't think to check the picture before he wandered off. Checked it on my way back to the boneyard and it had both of our heads cut off. Just a picture of two blokes from the neck down. Could have been anyone....
:lol:

Kieron Dyer - sort of mates with for a while

Jesus Jones - met at a gig through mutual friends, took us on The Word next day to see EMF

Tony Slattery - getting pizza, bloke was petrified but relaxed and had a bit crack on

Wendy Gibson - corporate event

Colin Farrell - bumped into him outside Capital
Radio, got pics with him and the kids, canny bloke for the 1 minute we spoke

Niall Quinn - everyone has spoken to SNQ

Dennis Smith - when I was a young un getting tickets at Roker Park, he came out of the offices and had a bit crack with us

Lead singer from Go West - Razmatazz, told me to piss off after calling him a Gaylord

Eric Gates (cracking bloke) - saw him in Ipswich when I lived there a canny few times, had a beer with him

Alan Brazil - as with Gatesy

John Wark - as with Gatesy

Tom Hingley - at The Cluny After a Gig

Edit: Brett the Hitman Hart - Whitley Bay ice rink, tried to pull the lass i was with

About 20 years ago we were in a restaurant in Jesmond and Wendy Gibson was sat near us,later in the night me and my mate went to the toilet as we were approaching them he came out with the classic Iine that he’d shag the arse of that Wendy Gibson, unfortunately she was coming out from the toilet and heard every word.

She went bright red then just smiled at my mate , I just laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

The timing was impeccable.

About 20 years ago we were in a restaurant in Jesmond and Wendy Gibson was sat near us,later in the night me and my mate went to the toilet as we were approaching them he came out with the classic Iine that he’d shag the arse of that Wendy Gibson, unfortunately she was coming out from the toilet and heard every word.

She went bright red then just smiled at my mate , I just laughed and shrugged my shoulders.

The timing was impeccable.
I’ve had dinner with Bill Gates.

When I saw “with” he was in the same restaurant as me at the same time.

I’m not claiming we were mulling over some Windaz unpgrades.

We both had the crab cakes.

Back