Most famous person you have ever met?

Most people who have been on ITV, C4, Sky in the last ten years.

Best ones I've met outside of that-

Jude Law
Brian May
Robbie Williams
Al Pacino
The Queen

See Andy Murray every now and then and a lot of the Chelski/ex Chelski players.

Loads of musicians. Some famous, a couple very famous.

Same here.

Cooked for more famous musicians, and other famous "personalities", international/club footballers.....than I could ever list.

Some went out of their way to have a chat, others to stuck up their own arse to even notice you. Others we were told not to approach or engage in conversation......Prince, Madonna, Sting and Michael Jackson being a few.

Had a lovely chat with Mick Jagger about Cricket. U2, and especially Paul McGuinness, their manager being very friendly and chatty.

I've sat at the table of Ciiff Richard the morning he was checking- out of the hotel I worked in, while he was having his breakfast. He couldn't have been more friendly, and only wanting to know about me, and asking questions, rather than only being interested in himself.
We had a good 5min conversation before he personally signed a chef's hat for my mum, who I mentioned was a huge fan of his, and that the film "Summer Holiday" was her first date with her future husband, my dad.. ....the smile on his face after hearing this was a moment i'll not forget.

Could list so many more......but I'll leave it at the names mentioned.

Got loads of free tickets for gigs they played too......Great times:cool:👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Edward Heath, I opened a door for him when he was speaking at Leeds Uni. He said thank you and asked what I was studying. The speech was abysmal. Peter Reid, Picadilly station in Manchester, He was carrying his golf clubs and heading for the Liverpool platform. Sunderland were playing well (one of the 7th place seasons). A brief exchange of pleasantries, he seemed a nice guy and was much bigger than he appeared on the TV. I have met a few famous sportsmen and women and TV personalities in a professional capacity so I suppose that doesn't count.

Perhaps not the most famous (King Charles when he was a mere Prince I'd say) but my favourite (and also quite famous) would be Michael Holding. He hates talking to people anarl apparently.

Kieron Dyer - sort of mates with for a while

Jesus Jones - met at a gig through mutual friends, took us on The Word next day to see EMF

Tony Slattery - getting pizza, bloke was petrified but relaxed and had a bit crack on

Wendy Gibson - corporate event

Colin Farrell - bumped into him outside Capital
Radio, got pics with him and the kids, canny bloke for the 1 minute we spoke

Niall Quinn - everyone has spoken to SNQ

Dennis Smith - when I was a young un getting tickets at Roker Park, he came out of the offices and had a bit crack with us

Lead singer from Go West - Razmatazz, told me to piss off after calling him a Gaylord

Eric Gates (cracking bloke) - saw him in Ipswich when I lived there a canny few times, had a beer with him

Alan Brazil - as with Gatesy

John Wark - as with Gatesy

Tom Hingley - at The Cluny After a Gig

Edit: Brett the Hitman Hart - Whitley Bay ice rink, tried to pull the lass i was with

Last edited:
:lol: I’ve met Eldrich (kind of - he was beside me at the urinal) 😆
Lol, funnily enough my encounter with Adams was not too dissimilar.
He came into the bogs as I was at the urinal and tried to go into a cubicle which was already occupied, I turned to him and said "Goth bass god in cottaging scandal"
Fortunately he found it funny.
I also stood next to Rob Heaton (RIP) of New Model Army at the bar but never said owt to him.

Kieron Dyer - sort of mates with for a while

Jesus Jones - met at a gig through mutual friends, took us on The Word next day to see EMF

Tony Slattery - getting pizza, bloke was petrified but relaxed and had a bit crack on

Wendy Gibson - corporate event

Colin Farrell - bumped into him outside Capital
Radio, got pics with him and the kids, canny bloke for the 1 minute we spoke

Niall Quinn - everyone has spoken to SNQ

Dennis Smith - when I was a young un getting tickets at Roker Park, he came out of the offices and had a bit crack with us

Lead singer from Go West - Razmatazz, told me to piss off after calling him a Gaylord

Eric Gates (cracking bloke) - saw him in Ipswich when I lived there a canny few times, had a beer with him

Alan Brazil - as with Gatesy

John Wark - as with Gatesy

Tom Hingley - at The Cluny After a Gig

Edit: Brett the Hitman Hart - Whitley Bay ice rink, tried to pull the lass i was with

EMF......Eat More Fanny......possibly the funniest name in music history, eh??:lol::oops::lol:
Perhaps not the most famous (King Charles when he was a mere Prince I'd say) but my favourite (and also quite famous) would be Michael Holding. He hates talking to people anarl apparently.

Bowling like he did........that was his talking.

I feel privileged to have watched him bowl live in the flesh for the West Indies, and for Derbyshire against the mighty Kent.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once spoke to Sue Pollard on the phone. And also a Scottish woman who once owned a famous grizzly bear called Hercules, although she was significantly less famous than her bear.

EMF......Eat More Fanny......possibly the funniest name in music history, eh??:lol::oops::lol:

Bowling like he did........that was his talking.

I feel privileged to have watched him bowl live in the flesh for the West Indies, and for Derbyshire against the mighty Kent.
I know some of EMF. Did some reunion gigs recently but there is trouble afoot within the band (when isn’t there)

Their success brought the members mixed fortunes.

I know some of EMF. Did some reunion gigs recently but there is trouble afoot within the band (when isn’t there)

Their success brought the members mixed fortunes.

Didn't their guitarist become a very successful songwriter....penning some smash hits?

Once spoke to Sue Pollard on the phone. And also a Scottish woman who once owned a famous grizzly bear called Hercules, although she was significantly less famous than her bear.

Spoke to a few famous people on the blower. Tim Henman (canny), Dr David Owen (very business-like), Mark Reckless EX-UKIP MP (disorganised mess), Jonathan Djanogly MP (obnoxious). I've met Su Pollard. She was doing Annie at the Empire and one of me kids was one of the orphans. She was quite pleasant. Also met Micky Rooney in similar circumstances, he was canny too. Bizarrely when you spoke to him his wife answered for him most of the time.

Back