Most famous person you have ever met?

George best.
Rooney/giggs
Sinita (snogged her)
Niall Quinn
Lee cattermole.
Doing building work at a Gym near Chelsea Harbour they had loads of famous members but we weren't allowed to speak to any of them. It's the Gym where the owner secretly filmed Lady Di exercising. Anyway Sinita used to go there (when she wasn't famous any more) and one of the sparkies bumped into her in the car park and asked her if she was Siniti, she smiled and said yes, then reported him and he got sacked!

Once drove past Danny Wallace. I happened to be reading one of his books at the time and had it in the car with me. Quick U turn, pulled up and got him to sign it. Must be worth at least a quid now.

SKP

Got Paul Scholes, Frank Lampard and Rio Ferdinand to sign my 2018 FA Cup Final programme, only actually spoke to Paul Scholes. He wasn't happy about it.

Dougie Freedman, Wilfried Zaha, Julian Speroni and other 2012/13 Palace squad members

Most of the immediate Royal Family.
David Jason
James May
Richard Hammond, the absolute f***ing cock.
Clare Sweeney
Bob Geldoff
Young Kenny from Phoenix nights
Geri Halliwell
Jim Jefferies.
Chris(?) Green, land-speed record holder.
Probably more, But by far the most interesting were some of the original Dambusters crew.

Probably Johnny Depp, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Bryan May or Juliette Lewis, or maybe some of the Spice Girls, whichever of those you think is the most famous. I used to meet famous people every day in my old studio job so there are probably loads of others that folks would consider to be the most famous to them.

Sir Ian McKellen (Theatre Royal)
President Jimmy Carter (Washington Old Hall)
Julia Roberts (Jogging in London)
Ray Stevenson ( Lounge at Newcastle Airport)
Zoe Wanamaker (London Theatre Back Door)
Michael Madsen (Lounge at Manchester Airport)
President Bashir Al Assad ( Lift at Damascus Hylton)

The last one :lol:
Thatcher
Major
Pope JP2
Desmond Tutu
Gorbachev
Carl Lewis
Most of the UK athletics team from 2002
Richard Gere
Jimmy Carter
Billy Gibbons
Seve Ballesteros

Loads more on my travels.

You've reminded me I've met a few golfers who are more famous than Tim Healey.

Seve, Colin Montgomery, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Paul Casey, David Howell, Miguel Angel Jiminez, Sergio Garcia.

Context being I once got a pass into the players tent at a European Tour event.

Last edited:
Bumped into a couple of times in Ryhope years back. Didn't talk to him like.
Hell of a nice bloke always in the Duke buying drinks, it was when he was playing for Boro I believe, saw 5 bellies take a hell of a beating outside there one day for trying it on with locals' lasses with the old 'do you know who I am' patter, different again he was/is.
Probably Johnny Depp, Madonna, Eric Clapton, Bryan May or Juliette Lewis, or maybe some of the Spice Girls, whichever of those you think is the most famous. I used to meet famous people every day in my old studio job so there are probably loads of others that folks would consider to be the most famous to them.
Which reminds me I saw Baby Spice stumbling out of a club in Liverpool one night anarl, surrounded by all kinds of hangers on, didn't speak like. Also had a night out and took on allcomers at pool with Mark Selby's lass at the time Vikki down the crucible but it was before he'd won it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite a lot to be honest. Off the top of my head...

Martin Johnson is f***ing enormous. I offered him a pint but he politely declined
Johnny Wilkinson - Lovely bloke.

Load of footballers.
Great to meet Monty and Dick Malone when I won VIP tickets for a game.
Sess was MOTM that day so I got my photo with him.

Arguably less impressive:
Bobby Davro (absolute tit)
Christopher Biggins
Shadow from Gladiators (before he got done for doing coke)
A bunch of Phoenix Night's lot on the Manchester comedy scene

The Fonz, or Henry Wrinkler to be precise. A lovely man, very warm and friendly.

Kate Adie visited my Secondary school and was canny, but I can't remember all that much about it tbh.

Plenty footballers and cricketers over the years. Bobby Robson was a particular stand out as just a nice bloke, too many cricketers to but stand outs for being all round spot on fella's would go to Sir Andrew Strauss, Nasser Hussain and Glenn McGrath. Also met Ian Botham too but on a lesser scale.

Back