Most famous person you have ever met?

Ant and Dec , a long time ago , in the BMI Loungue at Glasgow airport . Was in the days of Pop Idol or whatever it was called . They were with Simon Callow and Pete waterman but came into the Smoking area and we got chatting . I said "could I have your autographs for our lass" and they said no problem so rummaged in me bag and brought out a SAFC crest mouse mat and was duly told to "feck off" . Canny lads to be honest
Oh and Elle Macpherson in longue at Teesside International - plain as day without the slap

The last one :lol:

You've reminded me I've met a few golfers who are more famous than Tim Healey.

Seve, Colin Montgomery, Ian Poulter, Lee Westwood, Paul Casey, David Howell, Miguel Angel Jiminez, Sergio Garcia.

Context being I once got a pass into the players tent at a European Tour event.

I was in Syria the week after Top Gear had filmed there.
Clarkson, Hammond and May had just checked out of the Hylton hotel.
The Syrian government had booked the top floor for some meeting.
One morning as I got into the lift, out came Assad with two minders.
Said "Good Morning" and he just looked at me.....

Use to see Sam Fox and say hi regular when she was out jogging

Filled the top she had on mind but never thought she was anything flash

On the subject of Page 3 girls, my gaffer used to run a club. He had Maria Whitakker on as a guest appearance, and ended up back scuttling her over a barrel of Skol in the basement :lol::lol:

Met (properly) a lot of famous people, but always remember missing out on the following.

I should have gone to Pete Townsend's house while The Who were practising for a world tour, then consequentially being backstage at their Hyde Park (2006) gig with Primal Scream, Razorlight and Ocean Colour Scene supporting :evil:
Due to the wife being ill I had to bail and a young lad went instead of me who had no interest in any of it, and was bored till he was allowed to go home, didn't even attend the after show party!
Thought Pete's house was nice though :rolleyes:

Oh I've met Ant and Dec as well on the set of Saturday Night Takekaway.

Ant didn't have much crack, Dec took the piss out of me being a Mackem and mentioned that we were wearing the same trainers. Canny lad.

Hell of a nice bloke always in the Duke buying drinks, it was when he was playing for Boro I believe, saw 5 bellies take a hell of a beating outside there one day for trying it on with locals' lasses with the old 'do you know who I am' patter, different again he was/is.

Which reminds me I saw Baby Spice stumbling out of a club in Liverpool one night anarl, surrounded by all kinds of hangers on, didn't speak like. Also had a night out and took on allcomers at pool with Mark Selby's lass at the time Vikki down the crucible but it was before he'd won it.

Hope you won, wasn't she a champion pool player herself.

Met loads of people over the years for photos/autographs.... Take That (all 5), Richard Ashcroft, James Dean Bradfield, Jack Charlton, plenty of footballers, people off the telly etc.

But the ones I can remember having more than a few seconds with are:

Carlos Edwards .... my friends and I had drinks with him after a talk-in in Sunderland. Lovely bloke, very down to earth.

Corey Feldmen .... husband and I bumped into him in McDonalds in Knightsbridge after a Paul McCartney concert and had a nice natter. First time husband has been starstruck!

Jack Ross .... see him at daughters football now and then and always pop over for a chat.

Went to see George Benson at the Royal Albert Hall a few years ago.

We went to a famous Chinese restaurant afterwards on Knightsbridge , so famous I’ve forgotten what it’s called , but I digress, sitting on the next table was George Benson .

How the hell he got there before us , never worked it out yet.

Met (properly) a lot of famous people, but always remember missing out on the following.

I should have gone to Pete Townsend's house while The Who were practising for a world tour, then consequentially being backstage at their Hyde Park (2006) gig with Primal Scream, Razorlight and Ocean Colour Scene supporting :evil:
Due to the wife being ill I had to bail and a young lad went instead of me who had no interest in any of it, and was bored till he was allowed to go home, didn't even attend the after show party!
Thought Pete's house was nice though :rolleyes:
You knowingly allowed a young lad to go to Pete Townshend's house? 😯

Was introduced to kylie once in a London bar, had a brief conversation but I don’t think she understood me (drunk Mackem- me not her).
Sat next to Frances Bean once but didn’t know who she was. Had filthy hands.
Will I Am- thought he was very arrogant . He never spoke , just grunted. Never rated him anyway but I never told him that as he had some units in tow looking after him 😂

Back