Most famous person you have ever met?

Watched England v Czech Republic sat with Prince William and Frank Lampard in a pub in Battersea last year. Ended up all over the news.

And Matt Jansen was there, too. Less glitzy.

Oh and my partner and my daughter saw David Cameron in Curry's a few years ago when he was PM buying a pair of headphones. Of course, they booed him and he looked over their way.

But then his security guard man started looking at them and talking in his little walkie talkie, so they farked orf quick.

I was with my mates from Waterford, and met, and got the phone number of Dolores O 'Riordan (the late, vocalist of the Cranberries) after watching a hurling match in County Cork, between Waterford and Limerick (her county)
We were in the pub, after the game, and she noticed our Waterford colours, and came over to offer her commiseration's.
We chatted for ages, about this and that, and she gave me her number to ring, so I could get on the VIP list and meet her and the band, backstage at a concert in Newcastle.
She was a lovely lass, tiny in height, but with a huge and bubbly personality.
R.I.P

I also met Posh Spice, (before she became Mrs Beckham) outside a designer clothing store in Central London, many years ago.
I was window shopping, when a big flash car pulled up, outside the store.
The chauffeur stepped out of the car, and opened the car door for Posh Spice.
She went into the store and her and her chauffeur came out soon afterwards, with bags of designer clobber.
(She told me, she'd been buying Beckham's Christmas box)
She wished mesel and my mates, a very Merry Christmas, and gave us a wave, as her car drove away.

I've met loads of Sunland players on pre season tours, as well as meeting Reidy, Denis Smith, and Charley Hurley.

Tim Minchin, selling his own merch at the Fringe in 2008, chatted for a good 5 minutes then bumped into him again in the street the next day. Lovely bloke. Saw him (on stage) again in 2009, 2011 and 2019 to increasingly large audiences! He wasn't flogging t-shirts at the Sage in November, I'll tell you that much. :lol:

Tim Healey bought me a pint once. Well not me but the whole pub tbf
I bought his ex-wife, the lady so beloved of this forum, a drink once. His son tried to get off with my daughter, but she only had eyes for one of his quieter mates. Now he’s rich and famous in that band, he doesn’t have any contact with his old teenage friends in the north east. In interviews, he makes out he’s from Manchester.

Princess Anne
Brian London sold me some fruit from a barrow in London once.
Neil Kinnock. He was officially opening the Jarrow March metal artwork at Jarrow metro station. I just started speaking to him when a bloke from Militant jumped between us and shouted “no witch hunts no witch hunts”. Kinnock said “are you a witch” the bloke said “er, no” and Kinnock “you have nothing to worry about then boyo have you”.
kinnock moved on after that so We never finished our conversation.

Back