Morrisons cuts sick pay for unjabbed

Well said. I'm also double jabbed, however the clamour from some DJ'd to punish those who refuse is starting to get a little scary right now.
Man's inhumanity to his fellow man knows no bounds. From little acorns, do great oaks grow.
It’s frightening that we’re allowing this to happen. We’re allowing segregation.
yes I know it’s a medical situation and if people were dropping in the streets then I’d understand, but they’re not. It’s getting very close to illegal and we’ve already crossed the unethical line
The problem is though, people are desperate to get back to normality. And it's frustrating when the unvaccinated are contributing to a large part in either delaying it or preventing that from happening altogether.

People should have the right to choose, but if you choose not to get it you understand you may have to forego certain freedoms. And also not be a hypocrite & moan about increasing cases etc.
I wish everyone would just get jabbed so I can have a proper life again.

the problem I see here though is that where does it end? It feels like they’re using this as an excuse for something else. I can’t think why though

Last edited:

Let's be clear, every single one of us who have taken the jab have put our faith in it being harmless. Which it isn't BTW to a very small minority. Those that have refused it have mostly given a valid reason, in their opinion, why they haven't accepted it. Nevertheless, we have all taken a leap of faith in the science behind it. I'm quite sure we will all be OK, but it's still a leap of faith.

No sympathy personally, unless they have a medical exemption from the jab. No reason not to get it and they’re putting themselves, colleagues and the public at risk.
What about free will? What about there being no legal obligation to get the jab?

If smokers and the obese required more NHS resources than the non vaccinated why not force them to improve their life decisions? Why only pick on a minority?

What about free will? What about there being no legal obligation to get the jab?

If smokers and the obese required more NHS resources than the non vaccinated why not force them to improve their life decisions? Why only pick on a minority?

It wasn't too long ago that the NHS mooted plans to deny elective care to some seriously overweight people and those who would not quit smoking.

I see your point - they're both the result of individual choice, to jeopardise their health, which can manifest in long-term health problems and reliance on sick pay, as well as costing the NHS a lot.

Thing is, smoking and poor dietary choices are engrained behaviours which are the by product of a literal lifetime of poor choices. It takes a long time to steer such people back to good health, whereas the vaccine is a relatively instantaneous way to protect yourself and decrease the likelihood of poor health.

Lets lose this myth. I'm a smoker and I'm over weight but have been zero draw on NHS resources. Broke my hand in my early twenties and spent approximately two hours in hospital, that is it. Now 54 and know I need to pack the killer weeds in and get some bloody beef off my body. What about people who get pissed on a weekend and fill A&E, should the NHS not treat them because of their lifestyle choices?

As Frijj has said there's a big difference between engrained learned behaviours and those who are putting pressure on the NHS by refusing a vaccine that has been developed to remove this risk.

If it was sick pay for being ill, I would agree it's in bad taste. It actually reads that they are cutting sick pay for self-isolation including when in close contact, which is only now a requirement for people who've chose not to be vaccinated.

It's disgraceful. People want to be really careful with what's being allowed to happen here. Being vaccinated is a choice and people should not be penalised whatever they choose. Nor should their employer be privy to whether they have been vaccinated or not, that's got absolutely nothing to do with an employer.

Some really scary stuff starting to happen now and people on their high horses because they are vaccinated are just letting it all go ahead, smug as you like. Wait until the near future, now we've set a precedent, and it's not whether you're vaccinated, but something else that affects more of you. I guarantee you vaccine passports and what not will not stop once covid has gone.

I'm double jabbed, happily so. People should have the right to choose.
What’s the problem with taking the vaccine?? My old teacher was fooked by polio. She hobbled about the classroom on callipers and died young. I have no doubt if the internet existed back then, many many more people would have suffered her fate with bellends spreading misinformation.

Not sure this is the right approach.

But why should those unvaccinated continue to live their lives as they were while having a massively detrimental impact on the rest of us.

If I was off work for the same reason over and over again related to a choice I made in life, then my employer would have the right to tell me to fuck right off.

There needs to be some kind of strategy to increase the uptake of the jab.

This is what worries me. Are we starting a chain of events now that will snowball and see no limit on it

Having the jab doesn’t stop you getting Covid or mitigate the effects
I know people who haven’t had the jab had Covid and felt fine
Others same age group same levels of fitness have had two jabs and have felt terrible
As others are saying it’s becoming a slippery slope whipped up by big pharma

Others same age group same levels of fitness have had two jabs and have felt terrible
I got a bit of shit on another thread a few weeks ago. I had COVID back in March, i felt shitty but nothing to bad.
Then I got double jabbed. A few weeks ago I felt like death and knew I had COVID again. I posted on here and someone gave me loads of shit saying it was my own fault for putting myself in a position to catch it again. The point of the post was that I felt worse catching it after the jabs……

I got a bit of shit on another thread a few weeks ago. I had COVID back in March, i felt shitty but nothing to bad.
Then I got double jabbed. A few weeks ago I felt like death and knew I had COVID again. I posted on here and someone gave me loads of shit saying it was my own fault for putting myself in a position to catch it again. The point of the post was that I felt worse catching it after the jabs……
Putting yourself in a position to catch it
Ffs are you supposed to live like a hermit

:lol: Doesn't mitigate the effects? There's loads of data available that shows that to be bollocks.
Numbers per 100,000 with overnight hospital stays.
Logon or register to see this image

Death rate per 100k

But aye, your little sample of a few people you know trumps analysis of all the data available.
Simple t-test analysis of the data shows with more than 95% certainty vaccines have a significant impact in preventing death. There really is no argument against it.

What’s the problem with taking the vaccine?? My old teacher was fooked by polio. She hobbled about the classroom on callipers and died young. I have no doubt if the internet existed back then, many many more people would have suffered her fate with bellends spreading misinformation.
This is true, but a lot of carnage occurred in the early years of the Polio vaccine development. But of course things have moved on since then, so we have to presume the problem may not actually be the vaccine but things going on in the background e.g. Vaccine passports and also keeping in mind this isn't polio. It's something that the vast majority nerd to be told they actually have.
:lol: Doesn't mitigate the effects? There's loads of data available that shows that to be bollocks.

Death rate per 100k

But aye, your little sample of a few people you know trumps analysis of all the data available.
Simple t-test analysis of the data shows with more than 95% certainty vaccines have a significant impact in preventing death. There really is no argument against it.
I ajree but there is one piece of the puzzle I'm still not sure about and that is how many people can't take the vaccine for one reason or another and would show up in the stats as unvaccinated. It may be so small as negligible for the stats but for me it's an important stat to establish.

Last edited:

Death rate per 100k

What does vaccinated with at LEAST two doses mean. How many have had more than two.

What does vaccinated with at LEAST two doses mean. How many have had more than two.
There are people who will have had 3 jabs as part of the Cov-Boost trial. No idea on numbers. Think the study is blinded though so people won't actually know if they've had more than 2.

There are people who will have had 3 jabs as part of the Cov-Boost trial. No idea on numbers. Think the study is blinded though so people won't actually know if they've had more than 2.
I'd be much happier if it was just a misprint and actually meant "At least One Dose"
The number of people who may have been triple jabbed surely shouldn't be being used in this type of example at this stage of the pandemic. Maybe i'm splitting hairs like.

It's going to get messy for the stats, does a character in between a third jab actually classify as unvaccinated or such like. It's no wonder I just use my own eyes and ears to work out what is going on, relatively speaking, which is absolutely nothing in the wider scheme of things here.

It wasn't too long ago that the NHS mooted plans to deny elective care to some seriously overweight people and those who would not quit smoking.

I see your point - they're both the result of individual choice, to jeopardise their health, which can manifest in long-term health problems and reliance on sick pay, as well as costing the NHS a lot.

Thing is, smoking and poor dietary choices are engrained behaviours which are the by product of a literal lifetime of poor choices. It takes a long time to steer such people back to good health, whereas the vaccine is a relatively instantaneous way to protect yourself and decrease the likelihood of poor health.
I take your point Frijj. The difference between the two situations isn't much at all. And of course we're in a pandemic so I get the emotive response from well minded people who want to see things improve. It's a difficult situation, it really is, and it's normal for people to feel the way they do about it. I just think it's a dangerous step to take.
Lets lose this myth. I'm a smoker and I'm over weight but have been zero draw on NHS resources. Broke my hand in my early twenties and spent approximately two hours in hospital, that is it. Now 54 and know I need to pack the killer weeds in and get some bloody beef off my body. What about people who get pissed on a weekend and fill A&E, should the NHS not treat them because of their lifestyle choices?

As Frijj has said there's a big difference between engrained learned behaviours and those who are putting pressure on the NHS by refusing a vaccine that has been developed to remove this risk.
I get you. But the truth is that people who make poor health choices, and ill use smoking and weight as a good example, create a massive demand on the NHS. If you take diabetes on its own, the amount of resources that costs far outweighs what the non vaccinated cost to our country and that has happened every year for decades. We need to understand and accept this fact before we start penalising those who make a choice about whether they want a jab in their arm.
Ask the family of Lisa Shaw. Or the many other healthy people who have lost their life because of the vaccine. I accept the benefits, that's why I took the risk to take the vaccines despite being in a very vulnerable category.

Last edited:

Back