Morrisons cuts sick pay for unjabbed

It's disgraceful. People want to be really careful with what's being allowed to happen here. Being vaccinated is a choice and people should not be penalised whatever they choose. Nor should their employer be privy to whether they have been vaccinated or not, that's got absolutely nothing to do with an employer.

Some really scary stuff starting to happen now and people on their high horses because they are vaccinated are just letting it all go ahead, smug as you like. Wait until the near future, now we've set a precedent, and it's not whether you're vaccinated, but something else that affects more of you. I guarantee you vaccine passports and what not will not stop once covid has gone.

I'm double jabbed, happily so. People should have the right to choose.

I agree that this isn't the way to go.

'Probably worth noting, however, we're the most watched people in the developed world, i.e. CCTV; and all of our information is out there for businesses and the like to access but that seems to be fine providing we get some useless shit that we don't need from Amazon or somewhere.

So, in terms of your 'start of a slippery slope' point, that horse bolted a good while back. I'm not saying that makes this right because as I say I don't agree with it, but that's the reality.

Anyone who has a cursory glance at history will know that herd/group mentality is dangerous. 'Someone/group is always on the receiving end, and it's pretty much always a case of bullying at its root.

I mean, most of the people on this board who support it won't take other precautions that they are being advised to take, yet they think they are qualified to exclude someone else just because they have turned up somewhere for a few minutes to get a needle in the arm. These aren't reasonable people, which makes them the last people we should be listening to.

Where's the difference? We know the virus is spread by the vaccinated as well as the unvaccinated; we know that social distancing and mask wearing prevents the spread. So, why exactly are these types on their high horse? As I say, these aren't reasonable people. They just want to herd in a group at someone else's expense.

It's turned into a bit of a witch hunt, and while you do have some conspiracy theorists among those who do not want to be vaccinated, you have some zealots among the vaccinated also. Both fringes are the same people to me. Unfortunately, the way some human beings operate, the unreasonable people that is, they take pleasure from excluding people; and the ball was set rolling with this a while back and it will get worse because once the herd becomes wedded to an idea, they don't stop until they've completely excluded the minority group.

Last edited:

Whilst I want everyone to get the jab and am broadly in favour of vaccine passports I'm not sure about this. It could mean people that are supposed to be isolating don't as they can't afford it and so spread it.
Of course they will, in the real world a lot of folks attitude is, “no positive test, no isolation, no loss of wages, no problem”

I agree that this isn't the way to go.

'Probably worth noting, however, we're the most watched people in the developed world, i.e. CCTV; and all of our information is out there for businesses and the like to access but that seems to be fine providing we get some useless shit that we don't need from Amazon or somewhere.

So, in terms of your 'start of a slippery slope' point, that horse bolted a good while back. I'm not saying that makes this right because as I say I don't agree with it, but that's the reality.

Anyone who has a cursory glance at history will know that herd/group mentality is dangerous. 'Someone/group is always on the receiving end, and it's pretty much always a case of bullying at its root.

I mean, most of the people on this board who support it won't take other precautions that they are being advised to take, yet they think they are qualified to exclude someone else just because they have turned up somewhere for a few minutes to get a needle in the arm. These aren't reasonable people, which makes them the last people we should be listening to.

Where's the difference? We know the virus is spread by the vaccinated as well as the unvaccinated; we know that social distancing and mask wearing prevents the spread. So, why exactly are these types on their high horse? As I say, these aren't reasonable people. They just want to herd in a group at someone else's expense.

It's turned into a bit of a witch hunt, and while you do have some conspiracy theorists among those who do not want to be vaccinated, you have some zealots among the vaccinated also. Both fringes are the same people to me. Unfortunately, the way some human beings operate, the unreasonable people that is, they take pleasure from excluding people; and the ball was set rolling with this a while back and it will get worse because once the herd becomes wedded to an idea, they don't stop until they've completely excluded the minority group.
very good post.

Once you deem a section of the community to be second class it becomes just a very small step to dehumanize them, blame them for everything and not being funny we have seen this in action all throughout history, with veering degrees of outcomes.

We cant risk making the same mistakes over and over again, but we seem to allow it, its crazy and were does it stop.

From people calling out saying "sink the boats" with the refugees to "don't treat non jabbed people, or let them have the same rights" its all the same thing, just look at how over a 10 year period in Germany, normal sensible people acted, towards many different groups mind. Same with the deep south in US or South Africa.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, we have to educate and try to convince people to get the jab, for there own health benefits, just as we try to convince people not to drink too much or smoke, it takes time but it works, the message will get across.

Its been a crazy time, nature is a nasty beast sometimes, but we as humans always look for someone to blame, from China to the Governments failure to act to now the Un jabbed, its just plain wrong.

We all aspire to be somewhere near your level tbf :cool:

An excellent employer who values their employees and genuinely cares about the health of the rest of the nation.

Shithouses like morrisons not paying people who need to self isolate will simply mean more people will not self isolate. Or they will go and work for a reputable employer where they are valued for what they are worth.

To be fair Morrisons tend to be located in areas where vaccination take up is low. Damned if they do and damned if they don't...

very good post.

Once you deem a section of the community to be second class it becomes just a very small step to dehumanize them, blame them for everything and not being funny we have seen this in action all throughout history, with veering degrees of outcomes.

We cant risk making the same mistakes over and over again, but we seem to allow it, its crazy and were does it stop.

From people calling out saying "sink the boats" with the refugees to "don't treat non jabbed people, or let them have the same rights" its all the same thing, just look at how over a 10 year period in Germany, normal sensible people acted, towards many different groups mind. Same with the deep south in US or South Africa.

It leaves a bad taste in the mouth, we have to educate and try to convince people to get the jab, for there own health benefits, just as we try to convince people not to drink too much or smoke, it takes time but it works, the message will get across.

Its been a crazy time, nature is a nasty beast sometimes, but we as humans always look for someone to blame, from China to the Governments failure to act to now the Un jabbed, its just plain wrong.

Agreed.

I think we just have to accept that some people do not want the vaccine, in the same way we have to accept that some people will not social distance or wear masks as they have been advised. I don't see any difference. Both groups are not complying with what has been advised. It's just that the vaccinated 'full life' people have decided their lack of compliance is fine.

The downside is that as a result there will be unnecessary loss of life because of the actions of both of those groups. But, we don't live in a society based on coercion.

So, I'm afraid those of us who think there could be a problem farther down the line and don't want to see the country locked down or people dying unnecessarily, will just have to hope that the vaccines prove to be highly effective. We can't rely on large chunks of the people in this country to take care, but we knew that anyway, it's more the hypocrisy and the blanket statements with no substance like they know, when it's clear from their posts they know next to nowt.

Last edited by a moderator:
No sympathy personally, unless they have a medical exemption from the jab. No reason not to get it and they’re putting themselves, colleagues and the public at risk.
One of the main points of the Health and Safety at Work Act is an obligation on employees to
take care of their own health and safety and that of other persons (employees may be liable).

Agreed.

I think we just have to accept that some people do not want the vaccine, in the same way we have to accept that some people will not social distance or wear masks as they have been advised. I don't see any difference. Both groups are not complying with what has been advised. It's just that the vaccinated 'full life' people have decided their lack of compliance is fine.

The downside is that as a result there will be unnecessary loss of life because of the actions of both of those groups. But, we don't live in a society based on coercion.

So, I'm afraid those of us who think there could be a problem farther down the line and don't want to see the country locked down or people dying unnecessarily, will just have to hope that the vaccines prove to be highly effective. We can't rely on large chunks of the people in this country to take care, but we knew that anyway, it's more the hypocrisy and the blanket statements with no substance like they know, when it's clear from their posts they know next to nowt.

I get the feeling that the unvaccinated aren't wearing masks / socially distancing/ shielding etc.

They're off down London to watch the Euros when cases were peaking again.

If the unvaccinated were taking precautions then you may have a small point.

People are desperate for normality, and vaccines are the route out this. Stop defending the anti vaxxers.
You can't expect folk to voluntarily restrict their lives further after living with restrictions this long once vaccinated just because of the 10% being arsey. It's just unrealistic.

It's an awful way to treat some staff who have probably worked their bollocks off during this pandemic in very difficult circumstances.
Ignoring all the science and refusing the vaccine is an awful way to treat your workmates don’t you think ? Your putting those who have acted for the good of all at risk , by being a selfish twat.

Don't know the legalities of this but you'd like to think Morrisons would have checked it out first.
From a personal view its disgusting treatment of their staff.
i agree. staff who have probably worked through all this in what won't have been a picnic.
don't get me wrong i think anyone not getting the jab is a tit but it's their choice.

I get the feeling that the unvaccinated aren't wearing masks / socially distancing/ shielding etc.

They're off down London to watch the Euros when cases were peaking again.

If the unvaccinated were taking precautions then you may have a small point.

People are desperate for normality, and vaccines are the route out this. Stop defending the anti vaxxers.
You can't expect folk to voluntarily restrict their lives further after living with restrictions this long once vaccinated just because of the 10% being arsey. It's just unrealistic.

The point you're unable to grasp is that you think you have the right to blacklist people when you're not even following advice given to you by science and public health bodies yourself.

Hypocrisy is the word for this.

There are plenty who don't think what you are doing is right.

The point you're unable to grasp is that you think you have the right to blacklist people when you're not even following advice given to you by science and public health bodies yourself.

Hypocrisy is the word for this.

There are plenty who don't think what you are doing is right.

It's not hypocrisy in the slightest

What's hypocritical, is twisting about what ls going on then defending anti vaxxers
Also, I'm not blacklisting anyone.

What you're struggling to grasp is that every adult has now been offered the jab. What happens from now is on them.
Don't take it up, you're blacklisting yourself.
The only other person on here who appears to have a similar mindset to yourself is that Luton fan, that most seem to disagree with. So your last comment is a load of rubbish

Last edited:
It's not hypocrisy in the slightest

What's hypocritical, is twisting about what ls going on then defending anti vaxxers
Also, I'm not blacklisting anyone.

What you're struggling to grasp is that every adult has now been offered the jab. What happens from now is on them.
Don't take it up, you're blacklisting yourself.
The only other person on here who appears to have a similar mindset to yourself is that Luton fan, that most seem to disagree with. So your last comment is a load of rubbish

Logic isn't your strong point.

This is a fact: you are not following advice being given to you, just as those not wanting the vaccine are not following advice.

It doesn't follow that I'm defending "anti-vaxxers". 'Only in your illogical mind would that be inferred.

What does follow is: hypocrisy. Just as you don't think the "anti-vaxxers" are right to do that, many of us don't think you are right to what you are doing.

So, what's it to be: anyone who doesn't follow the advice is held up for unequal treatment? Or just the people whom you personally do not agree with?

People like you will be passing on the virus in work. Why should you get on your high horse in support of excluding other people passing on the virus in the work? I know the answer to that, by the way.

Logic isn't your strong point.

This is a fact: you are not following advice being given to you, just as those not wanting the vaccine are not following advice.

It doesn't follow that I'm defending "anti-vaxxers". 'Only in your illogical mind would that be inferred.

What does follow is: hypocrisy. Just as you don't think the "anti-vaxxers" are right to do that, many of us don't think you are right to what you are doing.

So, what's it to be: anyone who doesn't follow the advice is held up for unequal treatment? Or just the people whom you personally do not agree with?

People like you will be passing on the virus in work. Why should you get on your high horse in support of excluding other people passing on the virus in the work? I know the answer to that, by the way.

If your happy being blackmailed by conspiracy loons, crack on. I'm not

It's their choice. It really is that simple.

Who are the many of us? There's only 2 of you on here.

A bit difficult for 'people like me' to pass it on at work, when 'people like me' WFH :lol: Great logic there mind.

Last edited:
If your happy being blackmailed by conspiracy loons, crack on. I'm not

It's their choice. It really is that simple.

Who are the many of us? There's only 2 of you on here.

A bit difficult for 'people like me' to pass it on at work, when 'people like me' WFH :lol: Great logic there mind.

'People like you' is a pretty clear indication that I didn't mean you alone. Then again, indirectly, you will be spreading it among work places whether or not you are working from home: I wouldn't expect you to understand this, however.

Blackmailed? Once again: you are not following advice given to you; nor are those not wanting the vaccine. 'Same thing.

It doesn't matter how much you attempt to avoid that, or claim defending 'anti-vaxxers' or claim blackmail; you can't escape the fact it is sheer hypocrisy and you're not to be taken seriously.

Edited to add: there is a world that exists outside RTG. Do some cursory reading of the situation and you will find 'many of us'. Also, have a look at the amount of people wearing masks in supermarkets and the like, there are many of us who think we have to do more than turn up for an injection for a few minutes. It just seems that RTG is filled with the types who celebrate someone picking up and spreading the virus at a festival with no concern whatsoever for who they've passed that virus onto. Quite a pathetic insight into the mentality of many on this board.

Last edited:
'People like you' is a pretty clear indication that I didn't mean you alone. Then again, indirectly, you will be spreading it among work places whether or not you are working from home: I wouldn't expect you to understand this, however.

Blackmailed? Once again: you are not following advice given to you; nor are those not wanting the vaccine. 'Same thing.

It doesn't matter how much you attempt to avoid that, or claim defending 'anti-vaxxers' or claim blackmail; you can't escape the fact it is sheer hypocrisy and you're not to be taken seriously.

Edited to add: there is a world that exists outside RTG. Do some cursory reading of the situation and you will find 'many of us'. Also, have a look at the amount of people wearing masks in supermarkets and the like, there are many of us who think we have to do more than turn up for an injection for a few minutes. It just seems that RTG is filled with the types who celebrate someone picking up and spreading the virus at a festival with no concern whatsoever for who they've passed that virus onto. Quite a pathetic insight into the mentality of many on this board.

Are you capable of posting something that isn't condescending verbal diarrhoea?

I know there's a world outside of here, and I don't know a single person in the real world who shares your views. It's still only 2, and you're still defending anti vaxxers. I give up taking you seriously when you got yourself in knots making up numbers
PS, I've seen how many are wearing them in supermarkets. Its not that many now.

Last edited:
Are you capable of posting something that isn't condescending verbal diarrhoea?

I know there's a world outside of here, and I don't know a single person in the real world who shares your views. It's still only 2, and you're still defending anti vaxxers. I give up taking you seriously when you got yourself in knots making up numbers
PS, I've seen how many are wearing them in supermarkets. Its not that many now.

'Must be just where you go. 'Plenty wearing them in the supermarkets I go in.

You can skirt 'round the subject as much as you like but the fact remains: you are not doing what you are being advised to do, just like those who don't want the vaccine.

Back