Morrisons cuts sick pay for unjabbed

It's disgraceful. People want to be really careful with what's being allowed to happen here. Being vaccinated is a choice and people should not be penalised whatever they choose. Nor should their employer be privy to whether they have been vaccinated or not, that's got absolutely nothing to do with an employer.

Some really scary stuff starting to happen now and people on their high horses because they are vaccinated are just letting it all go ahead, smug as you like. Wait until the near future, now we've set a precedent, and it's not whether you're vaccinated, but something else that affects more of you. I guarantee you vaccine passports and what not will not stop once covid has gone.

I'm double jabbed, happily so. People should have the right to choose.

It's disgraceful. People want to be really careful with what's being allowed to happen here. Being vaccinated is a choice and people should not be penalised whatever they choose. Nor should their employer be privy to whether they have been vaccinated or not, that's got absolutely nothing to do with an employer.

Some really scary stuff starting to happen now and people on their high horses because they are vaccinated are just letting it all go ahead, smug as you like. Wait until the near future, now we've set a precedent, and it's not whether you're vaccinated, but something else that affects more of you. I guarantee you vaccine passports and what not will not stop once covid has gone.

Well said. I'm also double jabbed, however the clamour from some DJ'd to punish those who refuse is starting to get a little scary right now.
Man's inhumanity to his fellow man knows no bounds. From little acorns, do great oaks grow.

The problem is though, people are desperate to get back to normality. And it's frustrating when the unvaccinated are contributing to a large part in either delaying it or preventing that from happening altogether.

People should have the right to choose, but if you choose not to get it you understand you may have to forego certain freedoms. And also not be a hypocrite & moan about increasing cases etc.

This is the most worrying bit.

I really don't like this kind of thing, I've had my jabs, and personally think everyone should if they can, but also think it should be choice rather than being forced into it.
Surely this type of thing will go to court one day? I don't understand how it isn't discrimination to pay one employee more than another, the only difference being that one has had a vaccine and the other hasn't, when having the vaccine isn't legally required, nor specified in the contract.

The problem is though, people are desperate to get back to normality. And it's frustrating when the unvaccinated are contributing to a large part in either delaying it or preventing that from happening altogether.

People should have the right to choose, but if you choose not to get it you understand you may have to forego certain freedoms. And also not be a hypocrite & moan about increasing cases etc.
Absolutely this.

Simple as this really.

Exactly this.

Absolutely bang on the money.

Would be great if everyone got jabbed, but this really doesn’t seem right.

Don't know the legalities of this but you'd like to think Morrisons would have checked it out first.
From a personal view its disgusting treatment of their staff.

Thats the problem mate, there isn’t any case law on this. I suspect Morrison’s would have followed the legal guidance they received, but it’s very risky.

Back