Morrisons cuts sick pay for unjabbed

'Must be just where you go. 'Plenty wearing them in the supermarkets I go in.

You can skirt 'round the subject as much as you like but the fact remains: you are not doing what you are being advised to do, just like those who don't want the vaccine.

The government guidelines are use your own judgement.

I haven't been in any crowded indoor settings.

So you're wrong.

Government guidance says it"expects and recommends" the continued wearing of masks in crowded areas such as public transport

As you only posted half of it.
The full bit is

We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport.

You should use your judgement in deciding where you should wear one. Businesses, including transport operators, can also ask their employees and customers to wear face coverings. You should check with operators of services, venues, and settings that you use.

So I am following the guidelines.

It's disgraceful. People want to be really careful with what's being allowed to happen here. Being vaccinated is a choice and people should not be penalised whatever they choose. Nor should their employer be privy to whether they have been vaccinated or not, that's got absolutely nothing to do with an employer.

Some really scary stuff starting to happen now and people on their high horses because they are vaccinated are just letting it all go ahead, smug as you like. Wait until the near future, now we've set a precedent, and it's not whether you're vaccinated, but something else that affects more of you. I guarantee you vaccine passports and what not will not stop once covid has gone.

I'm double jabbed, happily so. People should have the right to choose.
Yes, i must say i agree with what you're saying.
I'm double jabbed , but surely there's got to be a limit on what employers etc can do just because somebody (for whatever reason) is against it.

I can understand some folk being against the vaccination - yes it's a very slim chance that you could develop complications from it (blood clots etc), but it DOES happen , and i can empathise with people worrying that the slim chance could be them - it does happen to some - none of us knew if we were gonna be that one in however many it affects.
Some people are natural worriers - they shouldnt be penalised for that - imo

As you only posted half of it.
The full bit is

We expect and recommend that members of the public continue to wear face coverings in crowded and enclosed spaces where you come into contact with people you don’t normally meet. For example, on public transport.

You should use your judgement in deciding where you should wear one. Businesses, including transport operators, can also ask their employees and customers to wear face coverings. You should check with operators of services, venues, and settings that you use.

So I am following the guidelines.

In other words: it is not legal but it is recommended and expected by the government.

And, I was wasn't only talking about the government, you assumed that.

I was also talking about science and health bodies.

The British Medical Association, which represents doctors, for example; is advising you to wear masks also.

It remains no different to not having the vaccination, it doesn't matter how much you attempt to skirt 'round the meat of it.

In other words: it is not legal but it is recommended and expected by the government.

And, I was wasn't only talking about the government, you assumed that.

I was also talking about science and health bodies.

The British Medical Association, which represents doctors, for example; is advising you to wear masks also.

It remains no different to not having the vaccination, it doesn't matter how much you attempt to skirt 'round the meat of it.

Right, so you harp on about government guidelines, but you expect me to know that you were actually also going on about other stuff over & above that?
Nah, you're just shifting the goalposts to suit.

It's completely different to being vaccinated, no matter how much attempt to claim otherwise.

Going off your other ramblings, there's a clear vaccine skepticism in there. Be careful mind, as another poster got banned for posting nonsense about them not working.

Right, so you harp on about government guidelines, but you expect me to know that you were actually also going on about other stuff over & above that?

It's completely different to being vaccinated, no matter how much attempt to claim otherwise.

Going off your other ramblings, there's a clear vaccine skepticism in there. Be careful mind, as another poster got banned for posting nonsense about them not working.

No. I always mentioned advised, which meant the government, science and health bodies.

The goalposts have not been shifted, you are being advised by the government to wear a mask and social distance.

You cannot escape this fact: you are being advised by all quarters to wear masks and social distance, just as those not wanting to take the vaccines are being advised.

However much you attempt to skirt 'round it, it is an indisputable fact.

No. I always mentioned advised, which meant the government, science and health bodies.

The goalposts have not been shifted, you are being advised by the government to wear a mask and social distance.

You cannot escape this fact: you are being advised by all quarters to wear masks and social distance, just as those not wanting to take the vaccines are being advised.

However much you attempt to skirt 'round it, it is an indisputable fact.

No. The advise is masks in crowded indoor settings. I don't go in crowded indoor settings. No matter how much you try & twist it.

The advice isn't social distance either since sports stadiums & festivals are happening where its impossible to socially distance.

I take it, you don't bother with the football? Wouldn't want to be a hypocrite now would we?

Are you capable of posting something that isn't condescending verbal diarrhoea?

I know there's a world outside of here, and I don't know a single person in the real world who shares your views. It's still only 2, and you're still defending anti vaxxers. I give up taking you seriously when you got yourself in knots making up numbers
PS, I've seen how many are wearing them in supermarkets. Its not that many now.
sizeable majority of people(80%+at a guess) in the supermarkets(sainsbos lidl m&s) where i live(worcester) still wearing masks.....maybe we're less selfish

Imagine getting banned off here, whatever will they do with themselves.

When you understand psychological operations...
Correct - look at the title of the article, designed to segregate and cause fighting amongst the public.

The comment from user 42 further up "Be careful mind, as another poster got banned for posting nonsense about them not working" - the media trickery has worked, they clearly have no capacity to engage in educated discussion, and if you dare have a different opinion you will be banned.

Correct - look at the title of the article, designed to segregate and cause fighting amongst the public.

The comment from user 42 further up "Be careful mind, as another poster got banned for posting nonsense about them not working" - the media trickery has worked, they clearly have no capacity to engage in educated discussion, and if you dare have a different opinion you will be banned.

It's not getting banned for having a different opinion, it's getting banned for peddling dangerous nonsense & fuelling conspiracy theories.

They did that at my place for most of the pandemic and people totally took the piss.

Don’t get me wrong it was the right thing to do, but they’re starting to tighten it up now.
They were doing it at my place as well even though we usually only get SSP. They stopped it during the Euros. Now covid is treat the same as any other absence. Even with a positive test we still go through the disciplinary procedure as normal which is bollocks I reckon.

Was my post just deleted? Genuine question, are we no longer allowed to suggest a new poster is an alter ego? Several people have suggested a certain poster is MBH’s new login without any action taken.

The post certainly wasn’t reported by the poster in question as he hasn’t been online during the time I posted. What gives?

Last edited:
They were doing it at my place as well even though we usually only get SSP. They stopped it during the Euros. Now covid is treat the same as any other absence. Even with a positive test we still go through the disciplinary procedure as normal which is bollocks I reckon.

That’s not right like. We’re still not sanctioning positive cases or when people have to isolate due to bairns having it etc

That’s not right like. We’re still not sanctioning positive cases or when people have to isolate due to bairns having it etc
Worst part of it is I hardly go anywhere so the most likely place I'd catch it is at work. So I could catch it at work and be forced to stay off work by law then still get a disciplinary for it. Crackers.

A few thoughts:

1) @mux is knocking it out of the park on this thread. It's astounding to me that the Venn diagram between those who screech about the rise of fascism applaud measures like this is close to a perfect circle - not just here, but elsewhere.

2) A significant portion of people who are refusing the vaccine come from the BAME community, who are wary given past experiences of people being used as guinea pigs. People on this thread seem to think that anti-vaxxers are limited to old white people who spend two much time on facebook, when that isn't the case. Measures like this will therefore disproportionately affect a community that faces enough challenges as it is.

3) The NHS is not a charity, nor is it a paragon of good behaviour. It is a service that we all pay for, and absolutely nobody has the right to dictate who should and shouldn't be treated by it.

3) The NHS is not a charity, nor is it a paragon of good behaviour. It is a service that we all pay for, and absolutely nobody has the right to dictate who should and shouldn't be treated by it.

As an additional note, the core tenet of the NHS is universal healthcare as a right, for anyone, anywhere: including people not from this country. No disclaimers, no caveats, no exclusion.

As an additional note, the core tenet of the NHS is universal healthcare as a right, for anyone, anywhere: including people not from this country. No disclaimers, no caveats, no exclusion.
Aye right - it was infuriating to me that Mrs. Jonno had to pay a £1,000 NHS surcharge last time we applied for her visa on top of the tax/NI she already pays.

Back