More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.

A media outlet claims "strong demand" for tickets, but just a little look at the facts shows that the claim is bullshit with a fraction of the tickets sold. The article is spin, the maths isn't.

I couldn't care less about the format. 120 or 100 balls who gives a shit, it's all a shot a ball stuff with little nuance. But if you haven't figured out that this is all about the ECB trying to break up the County structure, then there really is no hope.

I have never said anything about or put across a view about county structure or I am disputing your facts and figures.

All I am simply saying if you look at my last posts is that whatever was posted about ‘ The Hundred’ by any media outlet, you could guarantee it will be meet with negativity on here by some posters and whether good or bad a angle would be found to put a negative spin on it, all the previous posts and comments about ‘ The Hundred’ backs that up big style.

I have never said anything about or put across a view about county structure or I am disputing your facts and figures.

All I am simply saying if you look at my last posts is that whatever was posted about ‘ The Hundred’ by any media outlet, you could guarantee it will be meet with negativity on here by some posters and whether good or bad a angle would be found to put a negative spin on it, all the previous posts and comments about ‘ The Hundred’ backs that up big style.

Giving a statistical fact is not spin man.

Fuck it, I give up.

I think you’ll find it’s very relevant, which was the point Steak was making. I thought that was obvious.

Forgive people for looking to defend and support their club through what is quite obviously a dangerous and damaging attack on them. What a heinous crime for people to commit :rolleyes:

Never said it was a heinous crime, in fact I find it normal and natural, but it also means there close minded and bias towards it.

We don’t know the statisfcal facts from the other grounds as the article only mentioned the first game and the final, it was hardly going to go through all the other matches.

No
Due to it being too far away or just don’t want to help the ftecb create a new fan base?

Due to it being too far away or just don’t want to help the ftecb create a new fan base?

No reason really always been a watcher of first clsss/international cricket on the telly even when younger, and when younger watched loads on the telly and live cricket was always watched by myself at local cricket club or playing myself.

Watch plently on the telly and watch the IPL and find it great rather than at actual grounds.

Last edited:
We don’t know the statisfcal facts from the other grounds as the article only mentioned the first game and the final, it was hardly going to go through all the other matches.

Maths not your strong point?

We DO know statistical facts, the article gave them to us (unless you don’t believe them?). Or it atleast boasted that the first game and final were almost sold out. Meaning there can’t be many of the 100,000 it boasted about left can there? With the ground capacities in mind. I’ll borrow you my fingers and toes if you’re struggling.

Maths not your strong point?

We DO know statistical facts, the article gave them to us (unless you don’t believe them?). Or it atleast boasted that the first game and final were almost sold out. Meaning there can’t be many of the 100,000 it boasted about left can there? With the ground capacities in mind. I’ll borrow you my fingers and toes if you’re struggling.

My mistake I meant we don’t know what they going to be moving forward.
That is the nature of message boards and you could say real life in general. On everything in life people will always have a Marmite type opinion.

For what it's worth I don't see the Hundred as an attack on the club but on cricket in general. I accept that there are people who are looking forward to the tournament but it is my opinion that those people are in the minority.

Well yeah that's fair enough, in fact if you go of this board very much in the minority.

But then again, people in general are against change, a lot of traditional fans were against T20 and that has turned out great imo.

Last edited:
If it’s 3,000 average imagine how few have been sold at the likes of Cardiff.

Regardless of how 2020 goes I say judge it in year 3 though.

Even if it's 3000 on average that's almost 3000 more that your average county game.

I'm sure ticket sales will go up. This was just the first tranche for those who had pre-registered

Its a good start and ticket sales have only just opened up, 4months to do more and once the competition starts people will start buying due to gaining interest in it, i dont believe anyone is expecting full houses and agree 3 years is a good timescale to see how its worked. I cant see the Cardiff team working which may open the door up here.

With the amount of resources they’re putting in to it this thing needs to hit the ground hard right out the traps. I can maybe see a scenario where the London teams sell well but other teams don’t, especially at grounds like Sophia Gardens and The Rose Bowl that are half empty for Test matches.

Its a good start and ticket sales have only just opened up, 4months to do more and once the competition starts people will start buying due to gaining interest in it, i dont believe anyone is expecting full houses and agree 3 years is a good timescale to see how its worked. I cant see the Cardiff team working which may open the door up here.
Can’t wait for Newcastle Nightriders :rolleyes:

With the amount of resources they’re putting in to it this thing needs to hit the ground hard right out the traps. I can maybe see a scenario where the London teams sell well but other teams don’t, especially at grounds like Sophia Gardens and The Rose Bowl that are half empty for Test matches.

Can’t wait for Newcastle Nightriders :rolleyes:

I think it’s fine to slowly build.

The IPL and BBL showed that it takes a few years for identities to form. The teams feel ‘real’ to me now whereas they didn’t at the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back