More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

The working class comment is f***ing incredible. If he really cared about 'The working class connection' then he wouldn't of taken test matches away from an area like County Durham.

Is it any wonder we want to see The Hundred fail with a cockroach like him incharge.

That is a staggering comment mind.

“We want to reconnect the North East’s mining communities.”

Well cock-a-doodle-do Tom, maybe you shouldn't have tried to kill the County, took Test match cricket away from the region, then excluded it from the new competition, ensuring they never get to see their home grown superstars.

Just fuck off man. :lol:

That is a staggering comment mind.

“We want to reconnect the North East’s mining communities.”

Well cock-a-doodle-do Tom, maybe you shouldn't have tried to kill the County, took Test match cricket away from the region, then excluded it from the new competition, ensuring they never get to see their home grown superstars.

Just fuck off man. :lol:
I assume you're telling him to fuck off not me so have a like :lol:
100k tickets sold in the first 24 hrs apparently. I’d say based on that it’s here to stay.
That includes freebies being given out to County members who are getting it included in their packages and Blasr season cards. So it's more like 45,000.

Last edited:
So tell me, how does REMOVING cricket from vast swathes of the country that are largely populated by working class people contribute towards ‘connecting with working class communities’?

Going forward that’s what we need to do, which is what he said, thought you would and everyone else agree with that principle.

Nobody is agreeing with what has already happened.
That 1st sentence is stating the obvious but it's how you go about achieving it that's important. Preaching in the Cricketer certainly won't reach that audience nor will staging games 70miles away from those"former put villages " attract them to attend.
Aussies have just announced a pre-tour camp commencing 2nd August to join Pakistan, England, S. Africa and West Indies with tour commitments join Indians who already barred from the tournament.t
Just as well ECB have a superb marketing department but, oh, hang on, did someone say something about a website continually crashing..

Of course how you go about it is what’s important could not agree more, was simply saying the words in the article are true imo.

We do need to connect with working class communities to get more people playing the game, surely that is obvious.

Whether he is sincere in that statement and whether they or he has done that in the past or anything meaningful in the future to back up that statement is a entirely diffrent matter and nobody including me is saying they have.

But most of what was said in the article itself makes sense

Last edited:
Going forward that’s what we need to do, which is what he said, thought you would and everyone else agree with that principle.

Nobody is agreeing with what has already happened.

Of course how you go about it is what’s important could not agree more, was simply saying the words in the article are true imo.

We do need to connect with working class communities to get more people playing the game, surely that is obvious.

Whether he is sincere in that statement and whether they or he has done that in the past or anything meaningful in the future to back up that statement is a entirely diffrent matter and nobody including me is saying they have.

But most of what was said in the article itself makes sense
Wow, so he actually knows what his £700k job entails,it's the manner he goes about achieving it that matters. Let's put that 100,000 sales figure in perspective -it represents <0.2% of the population, realistically none of the sought after "reconnect audience" and it's likely gone to ticket agencies rather than direct sales. Connection was being made with ever increasing sales in T20 so he tries to kill the golden goose and replace it with a lame duck.
Take that game to the kids with offers of free tickets and you recoup the ticket money on sales in the ground. It's called a loss leader-can I have a cut of your £700k Mr Harrison?

Wow, so he actually knows what his £700k job entails,it's the manner he goes about achieving it that matters. Let's put that 100,000 sales figure in perspective -it represents <0.2% of the population, realistically none of the sought after "reconnect audience" and it's likely gone to ticket agencies rather than direct sales. Connection was being made with ever increasing sales in T20 so he tries to kill the golden goose and replace it with a lame duck.
Take that game to the kids with offers of free tickets and you recoup the ticket money on sales in the ground. It's called a loss leader-can I have a cut of your £700k Mr Harrison?

I am not disagreeing with anything you say mate, I can see you informed and passionate about this subject.

All I am saying is that if you read the article in the link and what he actually says in that article nearly all of it makes a lot of sense.

To include and reconnect is vital going forward imo.

Although I fully agree actions speak louder than words.

Cricket does need to connect with working class communities more to get more youngsters playing the game rather than them sitting on their arses playing on playstations etc.

Not sure how anyone could disagree with that in anyway.
In fact the more you read the article the more what he says makes sense.

If he is telling the truth or just giving a positive spin to gain more positive publicity I have no idea but surely it’s had to disagree with the actual words said in the article
It's the hypocrisy. The huge disconnect between what he says and what he does.

Beside, extending a shite concept. Is that spreading the shite thinner or providing more shite.

tbh, we're pretty much agreed here that The100 is the wrong move, although some want to watch it fail first.

It's the hypocrisy. The huge disconnect between what he says and what he does.

Beside, extending a shite concept. Is that spreading the shite thinner or providing more shite.

tbh, we're pretty much agreed here that The100 is the wrong move, although some want to watch it fail first.

Yeah good point, and after what has happened in the past of course people are going to sceptical of him.

But at the risk of repeating myself what he actually said was spot on.

Me personally I hope he is right in that it is a success and that eventually further teams from the North East and the South West are included and cricket reconnects with more people.

Surely everybody wants that?

I genuinely can’t see any positive in it failing and despite numerous and detailed conversations I still struggle why soo many people want it too fail, but that’s up to them

I am not talking about the past that’s been done to death!

I am talking about the future.

Last edited:
I am not disagreeing with anything you say mate, I can see you informed and passionate about this subject.

All I am saying is that if you read the article in the link and what he actually says in that article nearly all of it makes a lot of sense.

To include and reconnect is vital going forward imo.

Although I fully agree actions speak louder than words.
I don't need to read the article in the link, I've already read it at source otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on it and I can recognize empty rhetoric when I see it. Typical conman speak, outlines the problem but never mentions how he'll action the solution.
Durham's outstanding academy is the proven pathway to developing outstanding cricketers, Domestic T20 is the proven panacea for dwindling attendances -ECB are trying to undermine both.

I don't need to read the article in the link, I've already read it at source otherwise I wouldn't be commenting on it and I can recognize empty rhetoric when I see it. Typical conman speak, outlines the problem but never mentions how he'll action the solution.
Durham's outstanding academy is the proven pathway to developing outstanding cricketers, Domestic T20 is the proven panacea for dwindling attendances -ECB are trying to undermine both.

Well that’s fair enough, like I said not disputing any of that and can only repeat actions speak louder than words and reading between the lines you obviously think his words are just words which is obviously your opinion.

All I am saying in the words he says and the content makes a lot of sense.

Last edited:
Well that’s fair enough, like I said not disputing any of that and can only repeat actions speak louder than words and reading between the lines you obviously think his words are just words which is obviously your opinion.

All I am saying in the words he says and the content makes a lot of sense.
A fact based opinion -show me in that article where he is going to action his words.
I think he's going for the double - failed 1st class cricketer and then failed administrater -but that 's just my opinion.
P43, 1st column. "He wants to be liked. He is genuinely confused as to why he is attracting such scorn"
Perhaps it's because he ignores the facts that are put before him by cricket lovers. See any similarity with you,Vofp?

Yeah good point, and after what has happened in the past of course people are going to sceptical of him.

But at the risk of repeating myself what he actually said was spot on.

Me personally I hope he is right in that it is a success and that eventually further teams from the North East and the South West are included and cricket reconnects with more people.

Surely everybody wants that?

I genuinely can’t see any positive in it failing and despite numerous and detailed conversations I still struggle why soo many people want it too fail, but that’s up to them

I am not talking about the past that’s been done to death!

I am talking about the future.

If it is a success and teams further afield compete then think of the potential consequences.

For this to happen it would involve more games. How do they fit them in the already packed domestic calendar? My worry is they will chop away again at the county championship.

Also what do they call a team in the North East? They are moving away from present county names and Yorkshire already have the Northern tag so there's a fair chance it will be Newcastle which won't go down well with Sunderland members who make up a large number of county cricket members.

Harrison is just a snake oil salesman

If it is a success and teams further afield compete then think of the potential consequences.

For this to happen it would involve more games. How do they fit them in the already packed domestic calendar? My worry is they will chop away again at the county championship.

Also what do they call a team in the North East? They are moving away from present county names and Yorkshire already have the Northern tag so there's a fair chance it will be Newcastle which won't go down well with Sunderland members who make up a large number of county cricket members.

My dad never did like Port of Tyne on durham shirts.

A fact based opinion -show me in that article where he is going to action his words.
I think he's going for the double - failed 1st class cricketer and then failed administrater -but that 's just my opinion.
P43, 1st column. "He wants to be liked. He is genuinely confused as to why he is attracting such scorn"
Perhaps it's because he ignores the facts that are put before him by cricket lovers. See any similarity with you,Vofp?

I have not said he will action his words

Or defending him.

Just saying his words in the article make sense.

Dont think I can repeat it any more or make myself any more clear.

Tbh mate and I mean this with all respect could not care less what they would call a new team in North East or any petty squabbles between Sunderland or Newcastle fans.

As the main thing for me is cricket spreading and more people taking up the game above anything else
And by that I am talking kids at club level again that is more important to me than how games would fit into the calendar.

Last edited:

Or defending him.

Tbh mate and I mean this with all respect could not care less what they would call a new team in North East or any petty squabbles between Sunderland or Newcastle fans.

As the main thing for me is cricket spreading and more people taking up the game above anything else
And by that I am talking kids at club level again that is more important to me than how games would fit into the calendar.
Not sure I would call the rivalry between Sunderland and Newcastle a petty squabble but hey ho.

As for more people getting involved in the game do you want them to take up the game of cricket as we know it or the new bastardised version with non-identifiable teams and crazy rules? Because I feel that if any format can do that it would more likely be T20 than anything else.

Or defending him.

yes but for £700k I expect him to solve the issue not simply state an issue which cricket was already aware of.
Spreading playing cricket at club level will be an issue- you can only have 1 team per night playing in a ground. It's fostering the game in schools that needs addressing which means putting more resources into the Chance to Shine initiative-do that and the game will look after itself.
As for a name, Durham can be called what they like as long as the named sponsor puts enough money in.

Last edited:
yes but for £700k I expect him to solve the issue not simply state an issue which cricket was already aware of.
Spreading playing cricket at club level will be an issue- you can only have 1 team per night playing in a ground. It's fostering the game in schools that needs addressing which means putting more resources into the Chance to Shine initiative-do that and the game will look after itself.
As for a name, Durham can be called what they like as long as the named sponsor puts enough money in.

Yes I agree with those sentiments, we both want that problem solved and don’t get anywhere near 700k! ,would love to have a problem of only one ground and too many teams wanting to play on it as some local clubs a million miles away from that.
Not sure I would call the rivalry between Sunderland and Newcastle a petty squabble but hey ho.

As for more people getting involved in the game do you want them to take up the game of cricket as we know it or the new bastardised version with non-identifiable teams and crazy rules? Because I feel that if any format can do that it would more likely be T20 than anything else.

Yeah have said all along prefer T20 over The Hundred’ but want new interest, new involvement from kids first and foremost as see local cricket clubs struggling more as each year goes by.

It would be a petty squabble if they let the name of a potential team stop progress and more participants IMO

Last edited:

Back