More ‘Hundred’ fuckwittery

Status
Not open for further replies.

It is the worst idea I have ever heard about in my entire life. Not just in cricket, in f***ing everything.

I agree with you on T20. It's an excellent game.

As is ODI cricket.

As is Test.

Sure, I have a preference for the latter, but the thing is they are all identifiably the same game. The rules barely change, a few tweaks.

The Hundred is f***ing garbage. Hate it.

You talking in the present sense when a ball hasn’t even been bowled.

You talking in the present sense when a ball hasn’t even been bowled.

Unless a lad is bowling wides, there's quite a few balls in the hundred's 'overs' that should never be bowled.

Absolute sham. Cricket is complicated enough for new audiences, without completely changing the rules. f***ing nonsense, just hype up the Blast which is doing very well.

Unless a lad is bowling wides, there's quite a few balls in the hundred's 'overs' that should never be bowled.

Absolute sham. Cricket is complicated enough for new audiences, without completely changing the rules. f***ing nonsense, just hype up the Blast which is doing very well.

Yeah tbh I am with you and would prefer just one T20 or simply format rather than two, as overkill, is often a bad thing and spoils a good thing imo.

Although I am bit more open minded than than most on here about 'The Hundred', but then again that's not hard!! :D

We could least wait till it starts before crucifying it!,

Yeah tbh I am with you and would prefer just one T20 or simply format rather than two, as overkill, is often a bad thing and spoils a good thing imo.

Although I am bit more open minded than than most on here about 'The Hundred', but then again that's not hard!! :D

Pomposity and delusions of grandeur if ever I saw it.

Pomposity and delusions of grandeur if ever I saw it.

Just trying to lighten the mood mate and have a little bit of a joke!!

Wasn't meant in the way you seem to think as clear people don't want it!

It's clear on here most hate the thought of the hundred and not open minded to see how it works, which is probably fair enough as seems a bad idea!

Last edited:
It’s hard to get excited about a competition that we have no part of.

Yeah of course, and I think if people are associated with a county not involved of course they will be pissed off.

Or and by the way, just had to look up what pomposity means :D

That's too big of a word for a lad from Horden!
Wasn't this advertised as a competion that brought cricket together?

I think it was more about getting new fans who have not come to the game before to watch and take up the game, whether that happens only time will tell?

Last edited:
Yeah of course, and I think if people are associated with a county not involved of course they will be pissed off.

Or and by the way, just had to look up what pomposity means :D

That's too big of a word for a lad from Horden!

I think it was more about getting new fans who have not come to the game before to watch and take up the game, whether that happens only time will tell?
It will indeed, I just get frustrated thee isn't a local game I can take the boy to

The thing is though, in fairness to you - you’ve claimed countless times on here to have little interest in county cricket.

So I’m intrigued to know why you’d suddenly be into a donestic form of the game?

But I’d also say, with no intention whatsoever to patronise or offend you - that you don’t get it the same way that everyone who likes county cricket gets it.

I’ve seen on social media and a couple of other forums, pretty unanimous and unwavering hatred of the idea and the concept of it and the reasons for its inception being nothing else but greed and an underhand attempt at ‘killing’ county cricket.

I think it's a bit simplistic to just say that the only people who are anti the Hundred are people who's counties are being left out.

Surrey have been made, as I saw on Twitter, the "poster boys for the rebellion against the Hundred", and aside from a veiled threat from Graves when he was pissed up, the ECB have almost begged for there to be an oval based side, even moving the Oval Test match next summer forward to allow us to start the reconstruction work earlier, yet I still don't know a single soul at Surrey - member, committee, CEO, playing staff - who wants anything to do with it.

To sort of shrug your shoulders and say "well, if you haven't got a team in your area, you're gonna be against it" is not judging how passionately the vast majority of cricket fans are dead against it - even the counties with franchises attached.

The thing is though, in fairness to you - you’ve claimed countless times on here to have little interest in county cricket.

So I’m intrigued to know why you’d suddenly be into a donestic form of the game?

But I’d also say, with no intention whatsoever to patronise or offend you - that you don’t get it the same way that everyone who likes county cricket gets it.

I’ve seen on social media and a couple of other forums, pretty unanimous and unwavering hatred of the idea and the concept of it and the reasons for its inception being nothing else but greed and an underhand attempt at ‘killing’ county cricket.

The first bit is not exactly true, what I said if I remember rightly is not really interested in Durham which is different.

I obviously take a interest in county cricket, as on your prediction thread at the start of the season, I predicted Somerset would win the championship and had a bet on them at 8/1, as they had a good mix of senior pros and good young players who they always bring though, and my prediction was not far off.

But yes of course I get your point especially like I said earlier in the thread if you involved and supporting a county not involved.

It’s natural that fans like you will be rightly pissed off, and can only repeat don’t think any need for another shorter format of the game, so at least on that bit we agree!

However we will have to disagree on the motives, as I still think the motive was to get more people involved in cricket who otherwise were not interested in the game, which surely is a good thing?

But yes of course it is to make money as well

It’s ironic though becuase after the success of the World Cup the timing could not be worse and this seems to have increased interest and it’s not needed.

And yes of course mate because I am not a fan of a county it’s easier for me to not be as emotionally involved.

I would like to see how it goes mind before totally condemning it.
I think it's a bit simplistic to just say that the only people who are anti the Hundred are people who's counties are being left out.

Surrey have been made, as I saw on Twitter, the "poster boys for the rebellion against the Hundred", and aside from a veiled threat from Graves when he was pissed up, the ECB have almost begged for there to be an oval based side, even moving the Oval Test match next summer forward to allow us to start the reconstruction work earlier, yet I still don't know a single soul at Surrey - member, committee, CEO, playing staff - who wants anything to do with it.

To sort of shrug your shoulders and say "well, if you haven't got a team in your area, you're gonna be against it" is not judging how passionately the vast majority of cricket fans are dead against it - even the counties with franchises attached.

Get your point mate, but the tbf I never said only people involved with counties not involved would be anti hundred just that it is natural for them to be pissed off about it

Last edited:
Sounds pretty much how T20 was portrayed on this board, a few years ago, pyjama cricket, hit and giggle and not proper cricket.

Now there is a six page thread about T20 finals day, with people saying how wonderful and entertaining it is!!
You happy it’s being centralised in 8 grounds only? T20 was everyone in and a “new audience” was captured due to that basic fact.

Kids in the north east will never see Ben Stokes live again at CLS. All for that?

You happy it’s being centralised in 8 grounds only? T20 was everyone in and a “new audience” was captured due to that basic fact.

Kids in the north east will never see Ben Stokes live again at CLS. All for that?

No I agre with every word you have just said, but was just making the point before T20 a lot of people on here were criticising it and calling it and are now singing the praises of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back