Money does make you happy

• Thread starter Deleted member 40035
  • Start date

I watched the recent Peter Sellers documentary and was appalled at how him and his then wife Lynne F all but cut his 3 kids out of his will leaving all his millions to the said lady. She seemed to get her just desserts though dying young after frittering the dosh away on fritters, desserts, booze and drugs.

I watched the recent Peter Sellers documentary and was appalled at how him and his then wife Lynne F all but cut his 3 kids out of his will leaving all his millions to the said lady. She seemed to get her just desserts though dying young after frittering the dosh away on fritters, desserts, booze and drugs.
The ‘Daft as a Brush’ founder documentary was an interesting watch. He’s done an amazing thing setting up DAAB, but he’s given his kids, and even his wife, nothing at all

Weird watching them being interviewed as they can’t say he’s a selfish bastard as he’s done such an good thing with his money, but there must be an element of ‘why’

f***ing hell, I always thought the OP was one of the better posters on here & was most times unjustifiably ridiculed.

After spending me morning reading this 20-page shit show of a thread, I think it’s time to re-evaluate a few things.

f***ing hell, I always thought the OP was one of the better posters on here & was most times unjustifiably ridiculed.

After spending me morning reading this 20-page shit show of a thread, I think it’s time to re-evaluate a few things.
I was pissed when I did this thread.

Money relieves the stresses of modernity. Rent, mortgage, utility bills, payments etc.
Absolutely this. If I wind enough to pay off my mortgage my lifenwoukdnbebsonmuch different. The pressure of constantly having to find new contracts for work would be lifted as I would have a roof over my head. I’d still need to work but the constant worry would be gone and that would make me very happy. I don't need millions, a mansion or a Ferrari to be happy.

I took on a second job about 15 years ago to make ends meet.

It helped pay off debts and provide some nice holidays and I was never overdrawn with a few grand in the bank.
The jobs became more and more stressful and I was spending all of my time out of the house and although I had a few quid to
splash around, I couldn't enjoy it as I was always worried about issues concerning both jobs.

I was sitting on holiday by the pool once and the missus asked what was wrong, apparently I was just sitting on the sunbed staring into space.
She said that if I can't relax on holiday then something had to change. We decided that I would pack in one of the jobs and make a go of the other.

On my return I was called in my the guy from job 2 who started to comment that he wanted to scale down the business and do the job I was doing
himself. Fantastic I thought, the perfect out! He went on to say that if I was available to help him if he got stuck for the next 6 months he would pay me as normal.
I snapped his hand off. As soon as I got home, I instantly felt more relaxed.

I went into job 1 and was called into an office. They told me that in the last 2 weeks people I worked with had started to get headhunted by agencies
offering higher salaries (I had a few offers in my inbox as well). With this in mind they offered my a 10% payrise effective immediately.

While I'm not as well off as I was, I'm now much happier. I realised that I was just spending money to offset the stress and anxiety.

Last edited:

Back