*~*~* MK Dons v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.

I genuinely don't have time to work out Phil Parkinson's point average, so I'll take your word for it.

Didn't Ross end with 6 wins in 21? Or was he also shite in your eyes too?

How does Ross having a worse record than Parkinson make him not shite? That post makes no sense whatsoever. Ross was shit and rightfully sacked. Parkinson is no better tbh, and will end up the same way.

Gerrard went all out to bring lafferty in from hearts last season...the lad scored 2 goals in his 2 debut.but Gerrard just wanted Morelos as his only striker. Lafferty when called upon done a job but when defoe arrived he was always going to be third choice.the lad scored 30plus goals in his first spell in 100 starts at ibrox...he will cause chaos in the box and is great in the air. I think he is suited to league 1. And I hope he does well.

Gerrard went all out to bring lafferty in from hearts last season...the lad scored 2 goals in his 2 debut.but Gerrard just wanted Morelos as his only striker. Lafferty when called upon done a job but when defoe arrived he was always going to be third choice.the lad scored 30plus goals in his first spell in 100 starts at ibrox...he will cause chaos in the box and is great in the air. I think he is suited to league 1. And I hope he does well.
Any word on the other lad to safc ?

How does Ross having a worse record than Parkinson make him not shite? That post makes no sense whatsoever. Ross was shit and rightfully sacked. Parkinson is no better tbh, and will end up the same way.

I was asking your opinion. I would still love to know who were the obviously better candidates than Parkinson like both at the time we appointed him and now.

Does anyone know where Alex Gilbey was for them? I read their team sheet before going in and I’m sure he was on it, late pull out?

I’m glad as he’s by far their best player and potentially would have converted their dominance of possession in the first half into something more tangible.

So you think that we haven't been better since Christmas and don't expect(or even hope) that this recent form will continue

lets be honest he cant be any worse than Grigg can he ?

I was asking your opinion. I would still love to know who were the obviously better candidates than Parkinson like both at the time we appointed him and now.

Are you really going down this route? Everyone to a man almost on here and throughout the town agreed that Parkinson was the worst of the choices we had. Stop rewriting history and get some perspective
So you think that we haven't been better since Christmas and don't expect(or even hope) that this recent form will continue

I don’t expect it to as I don’t rate the manager. There is little evidence to suggest that it will - 4 wins is hardly compelling. I hope we win our next 1000 league games but I’m also realistic and able to form an evidence based judgement. We’ve been better in the last 4 games. But we were shocking before Christmas, so that isn’t saying much.

Last edited:
I don’t expect it to as I don’t rate the manager. There is little evidence to suggest that it will - 4 wins is hardly compelling. I hope we win our next 1000 league games but I’m also realistic and able to form an evidence based judgement. We’ve been better in the last 4 games. But we were shocking before Christmas, so that isn’t saying much.
I don't expect it to because we're Sunderland and things usually go wrong but if you can't take that pole out of your arse and admit that 4 wins and 2 draws in 6 isn't evidence of likely improvement then you're plainly not "realistic" just determined not to admit you might be wrong

Are you really going down this route? Everyone to a man almost on here and throughout the town agreed that Parkinson was the worst of the choices we had. Stop rewriting history and get some perspective

The truth is that if a non-biased stats man like yourself had looked at it, you'd see that the realistic candidates were much of a muchness based on their win records and achievements. Parkinson was a very unglamorous candidate and wasn't at the top of my list, but it was easy to see we were picking from a limited field.

He started off woefully, but there are clear positive signs at the minute, so how about getting behind him as opposed to giving backhanded compliments and waiting for him to slip up so you can hammer him?

I don't expect it to because we're Sunderland and things usually go wrong but if you can't take that pole out of your arse and admit that 4 wins and 2 draws in 6 isn't evidence of likely improvement then you're plainly not "realistic" just determined not to admit you might be wrong

So because my opinion doesn’t align with yours I’m in the wrong? I’ve seen enough football in the last 30 years to form my own judgements and my own judgements come from a full 18 games under Parkinson that I’ve seen every minute of, combined with a good knowledge of the skill bases of our squad and what they are and are not capable of. Just because it disagrees with you does not mean I am wrong. 6 games isn’t a lot to base an opinion on.
The truth is that if a non-biased stats man like yourself had looked at it, you'd see that the realistic candidates were much of a muchness based on their win records and achievements. Parkinson was a very unglamorous candidate and wasn't at the top of my list, but it was easy to see we were picking from a limited field.

He started off woefully, but there are clear positive signs at the minute, so how about getting behind him as opposed to giving backhanded compliments and waiting for him to slip up so you can hammer him?

I won’t have to wait long no worries

6 wins in 14.
Cup games don't count if you're bringing league places into it? Or have they changed the rules?

Another win for Sunderland, ergo Parkinson, and it's killing you.

Stats like this will be pretty much meaningless for a while because his start was so bad and this run of form is very good. We have some cancelling out to do.

Such is the league table if we keep current form up we will most likely get promoted. The more games we sustain it then it looks like a new trend rather than a blip.

So because my opinion doesn’t align with yours I’m in the wrong? I’ve seen enough football in the last 30 years to form my own judgements and my own judgements come from a full 18 games under Parkinson that I’ve seen every minute of, combined with a good knowledge of the skill bases of our squad and what they are and are not capable of. Just because it disagrees with you does not mean I am wrong. 6 games isn’t a lot to base an opinion on.

I won’t have to wait long no worries
Buzzing after today's win like mate?

Stats like this will be pretty much meaningless for a while because his start was so bad and this run of form is very good. We have some cancelling out to do.

Such is the league table if we keep current form up we will most likely get promoted. The more games we sustain it then it looks like a new trend rather than a blip.

Well said. But at present we can’t know if it’s a trend or a blip. I’ve said on other threads I’d give credit when this goes on for a while longer, as at present and based on my experiences in the game it looks more like a blip. Hope he does prove me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back