*~*~* MK Dons v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Strange bump. That was poor yesterday imo. Great goal but worst we’ve played since Bolton. Long way to go based on that showing.
We weren't poor so much as they were good, knew how we like to play and countered us. Came out second half with a slightly different approach and attitude, won it. Not dominant but certainly not poor. MK Dons are on a decent run of form.

Ive answered it many times. They were selected to demonstrate an agenda. Either show all his games or don’t, but don’t select games just to suit whatever you are trying to prove. Fact is 6 wins in 18 is not good enough and he has a lot of winning to do just to retain parity within his overall record.
What Parkinson's record shows to me is that he took a little too long to figure out what was wrong with the team tactically but once he had he sorted out the problem and found a system that suited the players.

So although overall the results are mediocre, the more recent results show a significant upturn that suggests to me that promotion is a strong possibility.

I think we will qualify through the play offs.

Strange bump. That was poor yesterday imo. Great goal but worst we’ve played since Bolton. Long way to go based on that showing.
it wasn't as good as previous games but certainly wasn't poor. mk played some decent stuff, some of their passing was very good and if they had more attacking nous they might have won but they didn't and we did. we're not going to slaughter teams every week but the win is all important.

What Parkinson's record shows to me is that he took a little too long to figure out what was wrong with the team tactically but once he had he sorted out the problem and found a system that suited the players.

So although overall the results are mediocre, the more recent results show a significant upturn that suggests to me that promotion is a strong possibility.

I think we will qualify through the play offs.

Maybe. Or were in the middle of a good turn of form that will return to the mean which is mediocrity

We weren’t great but MK Dons last four home games they have beat Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, Oxford and Coventry.

We should of beat them by more than one as well

We weren’t great but MK Dons last four home games they have beat Bristol Rovers, Portsmouth, Oxford and Coventry.

We should of beat them by more than one as well
2nd half we improved but first half we were second best.
Thought it was more a throwback to early Parkinson games yesterday.

First half MK Dons were slightly the better side.
Second half we upped the intensity, got further up the football field, took control of the game got the only goal which was always going to be enough, and won the game.
It wasn’t poor at all.

Better than nearly every match I saw last season.
MK dons played OK, and it should have been 3 nil minimum.
2 ozturk nailed on chances, maguire free kick, goal line clearance, onien header.

people must be deluded if they think we are going to steamroller every team we play.
MK Dons played well, closing us down quickly with some sharp passing.
But they were always going to tire playing at that level and we would gain the upper hand in the 2nd half
we have seen this happen many times but now we are creating chances.
Just a shame we didn't convert them.
The next challenge is keeping everyone fit.

Had a conversation about the game with a colleague who supports MK Dons and attended the game.
His verdict was safc edged the game and probably deserved the points but did say overall we are probably not in the best 5 teams who have played at MK this season.
He did say the following support was the best by far 👍
Well done to all who attended 👍👍

Had a conversation about the game with a colleague who supports MK Dons and attended the game.
His verdict was safc edged the game and probably deserved the points but did say overall we are probably not in the best 5 teams who have played at MK this season.
He did say the following support was the best by far 👍
Well done to all who attended 👍👍
Did he say who were the best 5?

Our support is taking a hammering on their forum. They come across as having a massive chip on their shoulders unfortunately.

Stat cat has Wycombe as match 5376, so this one was 5377.
On 5/3/77 it was Sunderland 6 West Ham 0.

Back