*~*~* MK Dons v Sunderland match thread *~*~*

Judging by his decisions, the lately results, the lately performances and the type of players signed/signing or linked I think it's safe to say Parkinson knows what he's doing. We'll be unlucky not o get up this season.

We were crap first half but more than decent second. Realistically, should have had three - Ozturk missed an open goal with a header and there were two clearances off the line were neither of our guys struck the ball properly.

Gooch’s goal was as good as anything I saw from Super Kev (part from the Chelsea at home goal!!)

Finally, saw enough of Lafferty that he is going to be a complete pest in this league.

Pleased I went!

Made up for the masses who went down today, nowt better than a late 2nd half goal for a hard fought away win. Makes all the travel worth it, safe journey home (wherever you are based marra).

I agree it suits them better. What I can see happening, especially away, is us getting pinned like in the first half today, when we essentially revert to a very negative 5-4-1 which becomes hoofball.

Do you understand how statistics works?

if the opposite was the case, after a good run but then hadn’t won in 7 with 3 draws and 4 defeats.
I doubt many would be calling it a blip

Made up for the masses who went down today, nowt better than a late 2nd half goal for a hard fought away win. Makes all the travel worth it, safe journey home (wherever you are based marra).

75 miles away from MK Dons and would have felt guilty if hadn’t made the effort. Amazing to see that any people fill the away end. Decent ground though so it was a good day out.

I just showed his full record. Nothing altered or tweaked about it. Completely unbiased statement of fact. He has won 6 from 18 games, including 4 cup games.
Yeah but you used it against a stat which was showing our upturn in form. Why if it's not to suit
I just showed his full record. Nothing altered or tweaked about it. Completely unbiased statement of fact. He has won 6 from 18 games, including 4 cup games.
So why go for 18? Hes actually been in charge for 20 games now? But if you want to see the actual upturn in league form since xmas how about this
From the 19th of October to the 14th of dec
P 10 W 2 D 3 L 5 F 10 A 11 pts 9 ppg 0.9
From the 26th of dec to today
P 6 W 4 D 2 L 0 F 11 A 3 pts 14 ppg 2.3

I've discounted the cup games as you dont get points in them and it makes the pre xmas results worse than they already are.

We were crap first half but more than decent second. Realistically, should have had three - Ozturk missed an open goal with a header and there were two clearances off the line were neither of our guys struck the ball properly.

Gooch’s goal was as good as anything I saw from Super Kev (part from the Chelsea at home goal!!)

Finally, saw enough of Lafferty that he is going to be a complete pest in this league.

Pleased I went!
Had 20 quid on Gooch to score first and 2-0 , bloody ozturk man

75 miles away from MK Dons and would have felt guilty if hadn’t made the effort. Amazing to see that any people fill the away end. Decent ground though so it was a good day out.
If there were 4/5k Sunderland fans there...that means 8k MK Dons.??... didn't look that many for them to me .... their top tier was empty... There must have been a couple of thousand MK Dons ST holders no show...am sure they only had a couple of thousand on their 3 sides

Yeah but you used it against a stat which was showing our upturn in form. Why if it's not to suit

So why go for 18? Hes actually been in charge for 20 games now? But if you want to see the actual upturn in league form since xmas how about this
From the 19th of October to the 14th of dec
P 10 W 2 D 3 L 5 F 10 A 11 pts 9 ppg 0.9
From the 26th of dec to today
P 6 W 4 D 2 L 0 F 11 A 3 pts 14 ppg 2.3

I've discounted the cup games as you dont get points in them and it makes the pre xmas results worse than they already are.

It doesn’t make the pre Christmas results worse as they are the pre Christmas results. I’d discount them if it were against say PL teams where no result is expected, but to lose to teams below us isn’t great.

If a team creates as many chances as we did how can you say that, putting them away is a different matter.
Hard to please marra, you must have been suicidal with Ross.
He's all over the flare thread, saying its awful and someone's going to die of an asthma attack.
Just won 3 on the bounce, playinh attractive footy, and he's as miserable as sin
Not convinced he's a Sunderland fan tbh

Last edited:
And who are the better teams? We just twated the league leaders last week. We need to match Rotherham and do them on the last game of the season to go up (Champions? who gives a fuck). Come on lads this blokes a manager and can get us up.

League table suggests there are plenty of teams better than MK Dons. Wycombe as you are implying are not one of the better teams at keeping the ball - their style is totally different and one we are well suited to play against now with the third CB.

Back