Might be losing my mam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me mam passed away this morning, it’s been a nightmarish few days at the hospice mam fought tooth and nail to the end in some scenes I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, the nurses said it was one of the worst they’ve seen as they said she had hours to live when we went in there on Monday and it continued till this morning. I kissed her on the head and said it’s ok to go now mam don’t be scared nipped to the loo sat down and she took her last breaths. Love you always mam, always with me.

Sad to hear that.

Like DM says though, at peace now.

I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.
So sorry mate.
Your mam is as you say the best friend you’ll ever have.

I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.

I mean this in the nicest possible way but I envy you. My dad has just been diagnosed with cancer, I have had nowt to do with them for some time and when I found out I felt sorry for him in the way you would anybody who had this awful illness. I wish I had the relationship with my folks that you do with your mam, the fact it hurts you so much is because of just how much you love each other and that is so special. I want to feel like that for my parents but I just don't for many reasons. Hope your mam pulls through marra, you need to make sure you get help to deal with this too, dont bottle shit up, posting this tonight will definitely help.

Me mam passed away this morning, it’s been a nightmarish few days at the hospice mam fought tooth and nail to the end in some scenes I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, the nurses said it was one of the worst they’ve seen as they said she had hours to live when we went in there on Monday and it continued till this morning. I kissed her on the head and said it’s ok to go now mam don’t be scared nipped to the loo sat down and she took her last breaths. Love you always mam, always with me.
So sorry for your loss. Awful news.

Sorry to hear your sad news, my mams in hospital atm after having her second op to take away 1\4 of both lungs, dread each time the phone rings. Sure your mam is in a much more peaceful place looking down on you.

One comfort were all the staff at St Benedict's Hospice, they were amazing to put it lightly. They made the hardest few days of my life some what manageable.

My mother was at home but had care from St Christopher's hospice and I can not say enough good about them. When you are at your lowest ebb and totally distraught they are there to support you all the way.

I lost my mam over 6 years ago and although it gets easier to bear, there's not a day goes by that I don't miss her.

I'm really sorry for your loss mate

My father said the day you lose your mother is the worst day in your life.

He was right like.

So sorry for your loss but happy you have such an incredible mother. Her passing doesn't wipe out all out. You still have all your memories xxxx big big love xxxx

It must be really hard to lose your mam at your tender years, we never forget, I hope you have some good people around you.You will always have friends here so don't hesitate to reach out.Lots of love and best wishes XXX.

Sorry to hear that mate.

Really really sorry for your loss mate. Sounds like you had a wonderful relationship with your Mam which a lot of people will wish they had. When the pain and shock subsides a little, try to remember how blessed you both were to have each other.

So sorry to hear that mate, going to give my lovely mam an extra big hug when I see her today, they are the best x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back