Might be losing my mam.

I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.

My mam has four Cancers at the moment, Stomach, Bone,Liver & Pancreas, She has tablets for her chemo & is plodding on somewhat, Absolutely heartbreaking what she is going through at the moment, Just be with her as much as you can & Stay strong for her & All your family.;)

Sorry to hear what you are both going through. It's really hard when a parent is ill and you fear you might lose them. Just take each day as it comes and make sure you spend time with them doing the things they enjoy. Keep talking on here if it helps.

Sending my love to you both xx

Cherish every moment with your parents. I've lost both and would happily give every penny in the world to spend even just an hour with either of them. Take as many pictures as you can, and learn as much as you can about them, because once they're gone you'll regret that you didn't.

my dad died when i was a teenager and i was pretty much devastated but losing my mam a few years ago affected me much more. i'm the same as you in that i'd give anything to spend time with them again. the realisation of being an adult orphan is really hard to come to terms with.

Thanks for all the support.

You are never alone and at times like you are going through emotions run all over the place. Don’t put blame on anything and try and reflect on the positives. All wise words indeed but the human mind is complex and when faced with challenges like yours at present try not to overthink.
Keep talking to close friends and try not to bottle those emotions.
Thoughts and prayers mate.

Got some bad news today that we feared, it’s spread and she has weeks left. They confirmed that it was down to them not getting it all the first time, they didn’t even give her a blood test during her check up, she’s been let down by every one of them. Heart broken.

Got some bad news today that we feared, it’s spread and she has weeks left. They confirmed that it was down to them not getting it all the first time, they didn’t even give her a blood test during her check up, she’s been let down by every one of them. Heart broken.

Really sorry to hear about this mate.

So, so sorry to hear this. Try and cherish every second with her.

Sorry to hear that mate. Spend as much time as you can with her and let her know just how much she is loved. Take care xx

So sorry for you:cry: Lost for words.

Me mam passed away this morning, it’s been a nightmarish few days at the hospice mam fought tooth and nail to the end in some scenes I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, the nurses said it was one of the worst they’ve seen as they said she had hours to live when we went in there on Monday and it continued till this morning. I kissed her on the head and said it’s ok to go now mam don’t be scared nipped to the loo sat down and she took her last breaths. Love you always mam, always with me.

I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.
Tragic
Thoughts with you & you’re family
Edit just seen above post
Sorry for your loss
RIP

Last edited:
Me mam passed away this morning, it’s been a nightmarish few days at the hospice mam fought tooth and nail to the end in some scenes I wouldn’t wish on my worst enemy, the nurses said it was one of the worst they’ve seen as they said she had hours to live when we went in there on Monday and it continued till this morning. I kissed her on the head and said it’s ok to go now mam don’t be scared nipped to the loo sat down and she took her last breaths. Love you always mam, always with me.

At peace now marra.

Sorry for your loss mate:cry:

Sorry to learn of your loss.
Memories will stay with you and remember she would have loved you more than you know, that is what Mams do.

My thoughts are with you.

Back