Might be losing my mam.

Mackemansj1

Striker
I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.

I found a bit of help here during my Mam’s ovarian cancer battle in 2017, and got some horrible news a few days ago that she now has stage two lung cancer. I’m devastated, I’m man enough to admit she’s been my best friend and we’ve had a super close bond so losing her now at the age of just 56 before I could give her grand kids etc is eating me up inside.

She’s been let down pretty badly this whole fight from drs f***ing up to nearly dying with sepsis after her first operation in 2017, to now being sent home without proper portable air and without even being told how long she has, I’m murderous with rage tbh. She had a bad cough since September last year and repeated drs visits one time being told to go home and take some cough medicine, to having scans a month or so ago saying there’s nothing there. It’s killing me inside.

Sorry to ramble but just a warning to tell your parents and family you love them as this life can be ripped a way in a blink of an eye.
So sorry to hear this, if you want to chat PM me, I understand what you are going through xx

Thinking of you pal!

Too true of the last line, my Mum of 71yo fell down the stairs of my house last Sunday morning at around 4am, my Dad didn't even know till around 8am when he got up, seeing her in a pile at the bottom. Got her to James Cook in Boro, but it was touch and go for the first 3 days in ICU, she come round now, but tubes in her all over, i spoke her and after 5 mins she was out of breath, so had to be kind and say bye to her. Makes it had sometimes being 10,000km away.

That's awful mate, genuinely don't know what to say. Having to face losing your mam in any circumstances must be gutting, but even more so when it might have been avoided had mistakes not been made. You've just got to try and put that to one side for now and focus on staying positive for your mam. If you need to rant and rave, which is understandable, do it on here if it helps. Loads of us on here, myself included, are always here if you need to get something off your chest, get in touch any time you need to. Good luck to you both mate

Sorry to you and your mam. I know this won’t be a popular opinion but if I could afford it I would go private every time

Awful news and hope she can make a recovery. Make sure you keep an eye on yourself too

Back