Michael Vaughan - Shameless Shithouse

Vaughan is a knob and totally un tms like.

I'd open with Vince in the next test though. Think he's got the game to play good bowlers and would a good foil for Cook. He was in against the new ball all winter so no different.
Stick it in the channel and he will nick it. Looks composed till he gets to 30+ then walking wicket

For me, Vaughan is convincing me on a daily basis that the fantastic side we built in 2003-06 had more to do with Fletcher and Cooley than his leadership. Maybe it is just an act but I can't listen to him anymore which is upsetting.

Vaughan was ok when he started, but I can't bear him now. He's ruining TMS.

Thankfully, I've got Sky - the coverage is really top drawer, it has to be said. All the pundits offer something - I can't think of another parallel, in any sport or broadcaster, where the coverage is this good.

Bumble is a bit dim, but he's nice enough. The rest all consistently offer interesting angles.

Vaughan is a knob and totally un tms like.

I'd open with Vince in the next test though. Think he's got the game to play good bowlers and would a good foil for Cook. He was in against the new ball all winter so no different.

Seriously? He was in against the new ball all winter and continuously nicked off to keeper or slips due to attempting a booming drive :eek:

Surely the winter is evidence of why he should NOT be in the side..... :lol:

Vaughan was an excellent captain and he has a brilliant cricket brain. Since he retired he's become more media savvy and now comes out with soundbites rather than opinions. He's the Adrian Durham of TMS - trying to be controversial and provoke debate rather than interpret what he sees in front of him. I think it's a shame he's been lost to the media, I think he'd be an outstanding international coach

I must add, in the interest of balance - I agreed largely with his review of the day with Aggers on TMS.

Especially when asked if he felt England could turn things around in the Test Match. His answer was no.

I must add, in the interest of balance - I agreed largely with his review of the day with Aggers on TMS.

Especially when asked if he felt England could turn things around in the Test Match. His answer was no.
Confirms my opinion …. he does know how to talk sense he just doesn't bother most of the time.

Confirms my opinion …. he does know how to talk sense he just doesn't bother most of the time.

Aye, still says things that are worth listening to I suppose and should always be viewed as an England great for his contribution to the resurrection of English cricket after the 90's - but unfortunately I think he has too much of a vested interest in certain issues to be able to fairly give a balanced opinion.

@Voice of fair play - fully understand now what you mean about biased opinions marra.

Vaughan was an excellent captain and he has a brilliant cricket brain. Since he retired he's become more media savvy and now comes out with soundbites rather than opinions. He's the Adrian Durham of TMS - trying to be controversial and provoke debate rather than interpret what he sees in front of him. I think it's a shame he's been lost to the media, I think he'd be an outstanding international coach

I'm not that convinced of that. He was the perfect captain for England at that time because he was an excellent man manager of the likes of Harmison and Flintoff and he was great at cultivating a positive environment to play in. I don't personally think he has anywhere near the cricket brain of Nasser and Atherton who captained England in more difficult times.

I'm not that convinced of that. He was the perfect captain for England at that time because he was an excellent man manager of the likes of Harmison and Flintoff and he was great at cultivating a positive environment to play in. I don't personally think he has anywhere near the cricket brain of Nasser and Atherton who captained England in more difficult times.

I believe Nasser deserves far more credit than he gets for his stewardship. He started the turnaround IMO.

I believe Nasser deserves far more credit than he gets for his stewardship. He started the turnaround IMO.

I agree - He was a brilliant captain and England were hopeless when he took over. He helped to completely drive up standards and expectations and was tactically very astute. I know Flintoff and Harmy preferred Vaughan's more relaxed style of captaincy which was probably what was needed for that team but Nasser did amazingly well with generally weaker players.

Yes, he had a good 4 man seam attack but he still had to manage them. He was innovative and clever. I still think he could be an asset to English cricket

I agree - He was a brilliant captain and England were hopeless when he took over. He helped to completely drive up standards and expectations and was tactically very astute. I know Flintoff and Harmy preferred Vaughan's more relaxed style of captaincy which was probably what was needed for that team but Nasser did amazingly well with generally weaker players.
Wouldn't disagree with that. Nass was an excellent captain

Absolutely agree with that, well said.

Its a lot easier when you have 3 90mph bowlers

Thing about Nasser is he understood the limitations, and what they couldn't do, so he just found a way to stay in the game and fight. That is what this side doesn;t do enough

I remember watching England in India, think we lost 1-0, or something like this, but he had Giles just bowling at leg stump for hours, it was f***ing awful to watch, but it kept England in the game till the 5th day where their are possibilities.

For me, its not just about the players now, the captain and the coach are the problem

Back