Methven on Radio Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorry if you were offended, but they started it :lol:

Daft thing is it was weeks ago, he's not a director any longer, no one really gave a fuck any more, god knows why he felt the need to bring it up again

He has brought it up for a reason, somebody interested in buying the club and he is trying to show he has sorted it?

Well he didnt. Needs to keep his gob shut.If you are going to apologise, do it, dont add clauses. And how come his version of events differs from people who were there, if the bloke was 100% honest he would ask for the minutes to be released, I wont hold my breath for that

Sorry if you were offended, but they started it :lol:

Daft thing is it was weeks ago, he's not a director any longer, no one really gave a fuck any more, god knows why he felt the need to bring it up again

They phoned him to invite him on, and then it was the first thing they asked him about and then continued to press him on for most of the interview. :lol:

I’ve said it before, but him and Donald think we’re all idiots and that they can simply lie to us. The meeting comment, again, demonstrates this.

I don’t want to get boring by repeating myself, but I’ve suggested the reasoning for their belief in our naivety seems to be based in classism.
He's quite clearly bit off more than you can chew up here. He may be able to pull the wool over the eyes of your Timothy's from the home counties etc who may be loaded but are thick as shit, but he was always going to come a cropper up here. There's only one disease in our club, and that's that bellend. If you're reading this Charles, which I have no doubt you are, do me a favour and fuck off. For good.

They phoned him to invite him on, and then it was the first thing they asked him about and then continued to press him on for most of the interview. :lol:

To be fair the whole interview was meant to be about it. They only asked him on because they'd been given a copy of the draft minutes from the meeting he'd attended where the comments were made and wanted to get his comments on it. It's not like they invited him on to talk about something else then ambushed him!

I got reported and banned for something similar, if you mention just repeating face to face what you have said its akin to threatening someone with a machette
I in no way intimated violence. I'm offering to discuss our opinions at a game so he can witness out fantastic fans firsthand. I am also intrigued to see how his attitude transfers over to a real life situation as, for a man who admits to suffering from a number of mental health issues, he doesn't half speak down to people from behind his keyboard. And he's obviously triggered as part of the exchange has been reported and removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends which Sunderland fans he was calling names. There's quite a few on here that deserve far worse than any name he's ever called any of us.

Utter bollocks.

I tend not to comment on this topic in case my personal views are misconstrued as representative of RTG as a whole but you're talking utter bollocks.

Whatever Charlie's true feelings about Sunderland fans and his opinion of the north east in general are, private meeting or not, he should have kept them to himself.

His role at the club was PR - public relations and virtually from day one, just in simple PR terms, both him and SD have been an absolute f***ing shambles.

In fact if you wanted a template of how not to engage with fans you'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

CM made the basic error of confusing our ability to 'understand business' with the north east's unerring ability to spot the whiff of bullshit from 100 miles away.

I in no way intimated violence. I'm offering to discuss our opinions at a game so he can witness out fantastic fans firsthand. I am also intrigued to see how his attitude transfers over to a real life situation as, for a man who admits to suffering from a number of mental health issues, he doesn't half speak down to people from behind his keyboard. And he's obviously triggered as part of the exchange has been reported and removed.

Seen it many times before, poster has an opinion, majority are of a different one, the majority get proven correct and the poster goes in to a tail spin, ends up hating the majority and they seldom ever recover.

Tis a strange phenomenon.

Also, If I ever drag myself up for a game, do you fancy paying for my ticket?

Utter bollocks.

I tend not to comment on this topic in case my personal views are misconstrued as representative of RTG as a whole but you're talking utter bollocks.

Whatever Charlie's true feelings about Sunderland fans and his opinion of the north east in general are, private meeting or not, he should have kept them to himself.

His role at the club was PR - public relations and virtually from day one, just in simple PR terms, both him and SD have been an absolute f***ing shambles.

In fact if you wanted a template of how not to engage with fans you'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

CM made the basic error of confusing our ability to 'understand business' with the north east's unerring ability to spot the whiff of bullshit from 100 miles away.
I listened to the arsehole at a cancer charity night at the Sol a year or so back. Whilst many were creaming their pants at his bullshit, a few sensed what this bloke actually was.
A condescending prick who, looking back now , was lucky to not get a clip.

Seen it many times before, poster has an opinion, majority are of a different one, the majority get proven correct and the poster goes in to a tail spin, ends up hating the majority and they seldom ever recover.

Tis a strange phenomenon.

Also, If I ever drag myself up for a game, do you fancy paying for my ticket?

You mean like the majority that were proved right about wanting to sack Parkinson the second he got here? That majority? :lol:

The hilarious thing is that when the pitchfork mob think they've been proved right by bad results, they'll attack anyone that dares suggest giving more time or taking a more cautious approach to slagging off the manager/player/whatever, but then when the results turn around and the manager/player/whatever starts performing well, it's suddenly "just enjoy the win! Imagine any fan trying to score points against fellow fans on a day when we've won or performed like that!" :lol:

Denial at its finest. They always have to be right, and whenever they're not right it's "not the time" to prove it. :lol:

Aye it's us in the minority that leave the pitchforks locked up when the going's tough that have the problem. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back