Methven on Radio Newcastle

Of course we do but Methven is right to a degree about a small element of our support.

Certainly a proportion of fans want them to sell...they are doing what them fans want so im not sure we need some of the language or hatred on here.

Considering where we were the Club is not in a bad position...we need the current owners to get us good new owners. We aint going to get that behaiving like spoilt bairns....Mr Donald and Mr Methven can easily call the Venky's!
I’ll say it again the Venky’s wouldn’t pay what Donald is asking anyway and he certainly can’t afford to lose money.

Utter bollocks.

I tend not to comment on this topic in case my personal views are misconstrued as representative of RTG as a whole but you're talking utter bollocks.

Whatever Charlie's true feelings about Sunderland fans and his opinion of the north east in general are, private meeting or not, he should have kept them to himself.

His role at the club was PR - public relations and virtually from day one, just in simple PR terms, both him and SD have been an absolute f***ing shambles.

In fact if you wanted a template of how not to engage with fans you'd be hard pressed to find a better example.

CM made the basic error of confusing our ability to 'understand business' with the north east's unerring ability to spot the whiff of bullshit from 100 miles away.
That's yee telt @fyl2u

You mean like the majority that were proved right about wanting to sack Parkinson the second he got here? That majority? :lol:

The hilarious thing is that when the pitchfork mob think they've been proved right by bad results, they'll attack anyone that dares suggest giving more time or taking a more cautious approach to slagging off the manager/player/whatever, but then when the results turn around and the manager/player/whatever starts performing well, it's suddenly "just enjoy the win! Imagine any fan trying to score points against fellow fans on a day when we've won or performed like that!" :lol:

Denial at its finest. They always have to be right, and whenever they're not right it's "not the time" to prove it. :lol:

Aye it's us in the minority that leave the pitchforks locked up when the going's tough that have the problem. :lol:

I'm sorry mate, I'm all for the counter argument, I'm usually on that side of things but you're too far gone. It's a case of you against them in your head now, nothing to do with what's right or fair, just how passive aggressive you can be.

Sorry if you were offended, but they started it :lol:

Daft thing is it was weeks ago, he's not a director any longer, no one really gave a fuck any more, god knows why he felt the need to bring it up again
I have a theory that hes trying to find a way back in. Results have improved dramatically so the fan base as a whole is much happier. So he comes out with an apology and some guff about how multi billionaire Michael Dell wanted us because of how great we are. Next thing will be hes had a break and feels refreshed and is back on the board

I have a theory that hes trying to find a way back in. Results have improved dramatically so the fan base as a whole is much happier. So he comes out with an apology and some guff about how multi billionaire Michael Dell wanted us because of how great we are. Next thing will be hes had a break and feels refreshed and is back on the board

Relistened to the start of it and they said they'd been given a copy of the notes from the first meeting, so I'm now thinking they probably contacted Methven to say they were going to cover it and he came on as a sort of right to reply type thing

As I’ve said before, I’m unsure what the next owners will be capable of. However enough time has elapsed for us to see what Donald is capable of. He’s simply not competent enough to have safc punching above its weight. I’d rather roll the dice than get mired.

My biggest concern is not whether we can get promoted under donald, its what he can do once we are there. The one thing more damaging than not getting promoted, would be getting promoted then coming straight back down. Absolute nightmare scenario that is very possible. We need owners with the nous and financial means to ensure this possibility is removed from the equation.

Decided last week to just read the board moving forward and no longer post. It was a big decision for me after 20 years on the boards. And a decision I had no intention of changing. That is until I read the shite that @fyl2u and a few others have been spouting.

There’s a few on here who are a f***ing disgrace to Sunderland fans. There’s no reasoning with them. No debating with them. The holier than thou bullshit they come up with. How many times has “pitchforks” been mentioned on the few threads that he’s infested. It’s all he’s got.

Anyone who can’t see the contradictions from CM/SD seriously need examining. I can only assume they’re on a wind up. We had this with Bruce, with Moyes, when people were saying we were heading into financial trouble under Short and that his decision making was shite. They were wrong then, and they’re wrong now about CM/SD. Fuck them.

@fyl2u you’ve turned into the equivalent of one of those right wing bots on social media.

And don’t bother replying. I quite frankly can’t be arsed getting dragged into your pathetic bullshit

Last edited:
Decided last week to just read the board moving forward and no longer post. It was a big decision for me after 20 years on the boards. And a decision I had no intention of changing. That is until I read the shite that @fyl2u and a few others have been spouting.

There’s a few on here who are a f***ing disgrace to Sunderland fans. There’s no reasoning with them. No debating with them. The holier than thou bullshit they come up with. How many times has “pitchforks” been mentioned on the few threads that he’s infested. It’s all he’s got.

Anyone who can’t see the contradictions from CM/SD seriously need examining. I can only assume they’re on a wind up. We had this with Bruce, with Moyes, when people were saying we were heading into financial trouble under Short and that his decision making was shite. They were wrong then, and they’re wrong now about CM/SD. Fuck them.

@fyl2u you’ve turned into the equivalent of one of those right wing bots on social media.

And don’t bother replying. I quite frankly can’t be arsed getting dragged into your pathetic bullshit

Agree like. It's pure delusional.

Good post.

Just seen quotes in the echo, queue of people when they said they were selling it. Are we supposed to believe that business men looking to buy a club were only aware the club was for sale when Donald released a statement saying so?

He f***ing tried to sell it twice already, so clearly anyone who would be interested is already aware!

I kna they think we are thick but f***ing hell, they may have forgot they nearly sold the club twice but we haven't. Nothing worse than Billy bullshitters who belive there own lies and think everyone else will f***ing lap it up!

Well said fella.

Agree like. It's pure delusional.

Good post.

If someone wants to believe in Donald then they are entitled to do so. It’s just shite that they attempted to shut down any criticism last season and continue to do so this year.

I don’t get the attachment of some to Donald or any chairman we’ve ever had for that matter.

Back