Methven on Radio Newcastle

Decided last week to just read the board moving forward and no longer post. It was a big decision for me after 20 years on the boards. And a decision I had no intention of changing. That is until I read the shite that @fyl2u and a few others have been spouting.

There’s a few on here who are a f***ing disgrace to Sunderland fans. There’s no reasoning with them. No debating with them. The holier than thou bullshit they come up with. How many times has “pitchforks” been mentioned on the few threads that he’s infested. It’s all he’s got.

Anyone who can’t see the contradictions from CM/SD seriously need examining. I can only assume they’re on a wind up. We had this with Bruce, with Moyes, when people were saying we were heading into financial trouble under Short and that his decision making was shite. They were wrong then, and they’re wrong now about CM/SD. Fuck them.

@fyl2u you’ve turned into the equivalent of one of those right wing bots on social media.

And don’t bother replying. I quite frankly can’t be arsed getting dragged into your pathetic bullshit
Hope you are ok marra

I have a theory that hes trying to find a way back in. Results have improved dramatically so the fan base as a whole is much happier. So he comes out with an apology and some guff about how multi billionaire Michael Dell wanted us because of how great we are. Next thing will be hes had a break and feels refreshed and is back on the board
Lets see what happens with the sale............my guess they will sell to the highest bidder and not the one with the best business plan for the club............ i cannot blame them as they are businessmen after all but i wish they would just stop this best for the club bollocks!.nobody believes them well almost everyone without a flat battery or whin sill for a brain

Lets see what happens with the sale............my guess they will sell to the highest bidder and not the one with the best business plan for the club............ i cannot blame them as they are businessmen after all but i wish they would just stop this best for the club bollocks!.nobody believes them well almost everyone without a flat battery or whin sill for a brain
The whole thing should have been put on hold until the end of the season.
All this carry on could well disrupt out great form at one point .

Decided last week to just read the board moving forward and no longer post. It was a big decision for me after 20 years on the boards. And a decision I had no intention of changing. That is until I read the shite that @fyl2u and a few others have been spouting.

There’s a few on here who are a f***ing disgrace to Sunderland fans. There’s no reasoning with them. No debating with them. The holier than thou bullshit they come up with. How many times has “pitchforks” been mentioned on the few threads that he’s infested. It’s all he’s got.

Anyone who can’t see the contradictions from CM/SD seriously need examining. I can only assume they’re on a wind up. We had this with Bruce, with Moyes, when people were saying we were heading into financial trouble under Short and that his decision making was shite. They were wrong then, and they’re wrong now about CM/SD. Fuck them.

@fyl2u you’ve turned into the equivalent of one of those right wing bots on social media.

And don’t bother replying. I quite frankly can’t be arsed getting dragged into your pathetic bullshit
Now that is a real shame as you are a good poster mate. I disagree with your views about @fyl2u as I think he is canny. I disagree with him about this subject, but he is entitled to an opinion. I don't care enough about the current owners to spend time debating points on here, and going round and round in circles to be back to the same place where we started.

The whole thing should have been put on hold until the end of the season.
All this carry on could well disrupt out great form at one point .
Very true...but failure to get some decent players in as cover for injuries will be a failure to far for donald!This tean as it stands if it stays fit for the rest of the season(unlikely given past history)and plays like we did against wycombe will walk into the championship imho.

Thankfully these people are in the minority mate. Any reasonable person can see there is real cause for concern and glaring inconsistencies in what the owners are coming out with from week to week. I get the feeling FPP are still waiting in the wings somewhere. Even if they aren't hes said hes selling up so hopefully only a few months of them left.

Very true...but failure to get some decent players in as cover for injuries will be a failure to far for donald!This tean as it stands if it stays fit for the rest of the season(unlikely given past history)and plays like we did against wycombe will walk into the championship imho.
Hopefully with confidence at an all time recent high we will go up even if we have an injury here and there

Thankfully these people are in the minority mate. Any reasonable person can see there is real cause for concern and glaring inconsistencies in what the owners are coming out with from week to week. I get the feeling FPP are still waiting in the wings somewhere. Even if they aren't hes said hes selling up so hopefully only a few months of them left.
He will sell to the highest bidder and anyone who believes otherwise is a tad naive!

Any normal person would.
If I was him I would sell to the biggest shithouses out there
So would I ..but i would not bother with the" searching for best deal for the club "narrative!even at the end he takes us for flat cap wearing pigeon bothering ,whippet loving and panda eyed yokels

Last edited:
Now that is a real shame as you are a good poster mate. I disagree with your views about @fyl2u as I think he is canny. I disagree with him about this subject, but he is entitled to an opinion. I don't care enough about the current owners to spend time debating points on here, and going round and round in circles to be back to the same place where we started.

I’ve had beers a few times with @fyl2u - off these boards he’s a really good lad. On them he’s an absolute knacker :lol:

What a pack of lies.

• Reckons tempers were running high. Nope. Only one persons temper was running high. Even when he was challenged on his bullshit it was in a professional manner; something he could learn from.
  • Says he had worse things said to him in the meeting; not true.
  • Said that he reacted after being continually pressed on matters. It was the first item on the agenda and he needed no pushing.
  • Said the comments were at a fans meeting that should remain private; forgets that the audio recording in circulation wasn't from that meeting, it was a business club meeting. So the thing he said that he didn't mean (unbelievably uneducated in business) was said on at least two occasions. Almost as if that's what he means.
  • Not surprised he's a bit worried about the new STID. I know someone who has seen it and he should be worried.

What does stid mea in this context

Interesting he said nobody had shown any interest in buying the club in 2 years before him and Donald, yet in 2017 we had a German consortium and Fulwell 73 show interest and there were definitely other interested parties looking to buy when they took over in 2018 (Gordon Armstrong was involved iirc?)

Interesting he said nobody had shown any interest in buying the club in 2 years before him and Donald, yet in 2017 we had a German consortium and Fulwell 73 show interest and there were definitely other interested parties looking to buy when they took over in 2018 (Gordon Armstrong was involved iirc?)

Yes i remember all of that, another slip of the Tonge or another lie ?

Back