Methven on Radio Newcastle

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Donald and Methven took over I posted I didn't trust them - got pelters. Nowt more than a gut feeling but said I'd trust my gut feeling. Got parsnipped - moral of the story - trust your gut but never trust a fart.

I’ve said it before, but him and Donald think we’re all idiots and that they can simply lie to us. The meeting comment, again, demonstrates this.

I don’t want to get boring by repeating myself, but I’ve suggested the reasoning for their belief in our naivety seems to be based in classism.

I think their complacency is based on what they see as blind passion which makes fans easy to influence. You don’t follow your club to be cynical, we want to believe so we give their spiel a rocket boost... we become the believers. They can walk all over us and we will lap it up. That complacency has cost them.

Hopefully with confidence at an all time recent high we will go up even if we have an injury here and there
If hume and gooch get injured, unless we get ,decent cover i think it will destabilise the team enough to reduce our promotion prospects.
I think their complacency is based on what they see as blind passion which makes fans easy to influence. You don’t follow your club to be cynical, we want to believe so we give their spiel a rocket boost... we become the believers. They can walk all over us and we will lap it up. That complacency has cost them.
You see complacency and i see arrogance..... they have such disdain for our fans that they dont bother keeping their story straight!My guess that gom will be looking at next years accounts and going WTF..........its always about the money and i guess donald will be walking away with a tidy sum in his pocket having single handedly destroyed one of the best acadamies in the country!

Last edited:
The same bullshit then
Aye seems like the same pile from him.
My biggest concern is not whether we can get promoted under donald, its what he can do once we are there. The one thing more damaging than not getting promoted, would be getting promoted then coming straight back down. Absolute nightmare scenario that is very possible. We need owners with the nous and financial means to ensure this possibility is removed from the equation.
I would like us to get promoted at the expense of another team who wanted to be promoted. I am promoting this.

Last edited:
I don't live near you tit.
Some of the small minded pricks who post utter bollix on here during the match who live within a few miles of the stadium is utter embarrassing.
you post this none attendance sh!te the whole time, if you were going home and away I would get it, but not once or twice a season, yes you are an exile but you choose to live where you do, if the club meant that much to you you could move back, I don’t live in the north east but still go regularly

It’s dull as mate, change the record

you post this none attendance sh!te the whole time, if you were going home and away I would get it, but not once or twice a season, yes you are an exile but you choose to live where you do, if the club meant that much to you you could move back, I don’t live in the north east but still go regularly

It’s dull as mate, change the record
In 40 years of living approximately 8 miles from Sunderland's ground I never CHOSE to stay away from any home game.
I was there when Brian Honour scored .
The situation is totally different to the fuckers on here who have a wank During the game if we go one down and slate the club.
Often they are sitting in a dark room within a few miles of the stadium.
Unfortunately people are like sheep, two of their mates stop going so they stop going .
They fall out with a manager, chairman, player or the tea lady.
I have no problem with people stopping going because they have fallen out with the club however if they do just move on .
Why spend hour upon hour on here bringing the club down ?
Haway the lads

I heard from a good source he never attends game, seems surprising if true ?
Actually explains a lot.

FYI lads, I have health problems that mean I can't leave the house at all very often, let alone make it to football matches. I'd be there at every match if I could. I have to make do with paying for the official audio and video streams for every match at the moment. Best I can manage.

FYI lads, I have health problems that mean I can't leave the house at all very often, let alone make it to football matches. I'd be there at every match if I could. I have to make do with paying for the official audio and video streams for every match at the moment. Best I can manage.
I'll even rent you a mobility scooter, then.

Interesting he said nobody had shown any interest in buying the club in 2 years before him and Donald, yet in 2017 we had a German consortium and Fulwell 73 show interest and there were definitely other interested parties looking to buy when they took over in 2018 (Gordon Armstrong was involved iirc?)

Tyre kickers....

We disagree massively on the current situation with CM/SD. Poles apart.

I will keep saying on these boards that you’re a good lad in “real life” mind and sorry to hear of your ill health. Hope you get it sorted

Methven reminds me of the Andrew Ridgeley to George Michaels Wham, while GM was immensely talented he was not comfortable in interview situations and left Ridgeley to take the lead. Young Andrew Ridgeley went on to take a very good living without any particular talent in comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back