Methven Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, it’s weird behaviour.

You’d sort of expect that sort of tribalism from match going fans who travel regularly, mind as weird as it is.

For one of the key member of your administration to come out with it though is more embarrassing imo. Not sure why you’re defending him, mind. He’s repeatedly shown to have contempt for your fanbase.

I'm not defending him at all, it's cheap shot publicity bollocks designed to get the fans on side. For some it worked, briefly. My point was simply that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Happened on their watch, bank de-regulation, lower capital adequacy requirements etc all contributed to some degree. Building societies and retail banks trying to be investment banks and government stood idly by. Yes austerity gone too far but if Boris gets in we can move forward and start building and independent, globally focused great country. In which SAFC will rise up to the Premier again 👍

Bearing in mind the complete nonsense that that whole post is, the coup de grace is the last sentence.

This seems a ludicrous stance for anybody to take.

To try and whitewash it on their behalf seems desperate at best.

I'm not. I've already said that, if I'd been at the meeting, I'd have called him out on it as well. I just don't see a connection between that recording and his resignation. What was said at the liaison meeting is a different matter. Life's not black and white, it's grey.
Bearing in mind the complete nonsense that that whole post is, the coup de grace is the last sentence.

Fantasyland. I wouldn't trust Boris to put my rubbish out, let alone run the country.

I'm not defending him at all, it's cheap shot publicity bollocks designed to get the fans on side. For some it worked, briefly. My point was simply that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Don’t worry, I got it. Although I’m in agreement with your suggestion that chanting about your rivals two divisions below is odd so I’m not sure the metaphor works here.

Happened on their watch, bank de-regulation, lower capital adequacy requirements etc all contributed to some degree. Building societies and retail banks trying to be investment banks and government stood idly by. Yes austerity gone too far but if Boris gets in we can move forward and start building and independent, globally focused great country. In which SAFC will rise up to the Premier again 👍

The deregulation of the UK banking system is one of the most momentous and contentious events in the history of banking. It was introduced by the Conservative government of the day in the mid 1980s in a bid to make financial services in the UK more competitive with foreign banking.

Pretty small minded this damned by political alliance. I don’t care, I just want talented people to invest in my football club. Chances are the most successful wealthy people vote Tory. Suppose we can always hold a meat draw to raise funding

Wished him no ill will when he was in the job. Wanted him to do well and FWIW I think he did a better job than some people on here are giving him credit for.

As a bloke, he’s not for me and I stayed well away from all the back slapping going on in The Colliery Tavern / Wheatsheaf.

...Labour wasn't just asleep at the wheel when it came to City regulation. Arguably it was drunk at the wheel - in that it loved the City boom, for generating huge tax revenues that it then lavished on public services.
So the failure to keep the City properly in check was in a sense wilful and therefore doubly wrong...

Per an article from BBC. Definitely a whiff of culpability.

FTM

Is he an employee, or a professional advisor? That makes a hell of a difference. And, to be honest, to me, an accountant who doesn't have at least some understanding of his clients' businesses is giving a poor service; he should be an adviser, not jst somene who takes some admin load off you.

Not an employee, no

Not an employee, no

Slightly more understandable, though I have to say if I was working in practice I'd at least try to have a basic idea of what my clients actually did. A good accountant should be capable of acting as a quasi-FD should the need arise, in terms of providing financial advice. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a glorified accounting technician. It ought to be about adding value, not just adding up the numbers.

...Labour wasn't just asleep at the wheel when it came to City regulation. Arguably it was drunk at the wheel - in that it loved the City boom, for generating huge tax revenues that it then lavished on public services.
So the failure to keep the City properly in check was in a sense wilful and therefore doubly wrong...

Per an article from BBC. Definitely a whiff of culpability.

FTM

At which point the Tories were moaning that Labour's moves didn't go far enough in the direction of further deregulation. They'd have made things even worse. But then this smoke-screening's been going on since the 60's, when Macmillan and Butler refused to devalue the pound following the disastrous pursuit of free trade deals after De Gaulle vetoed us joining the Common Market (hmm, that sounds familiar and worrying), since they'd failed to realise that the Commonwealth countries were far more interested in selling to us than buying from us. The result was a disastrous balance of payments deficit, and overwhelming pressure om what was then a foxed exchange rate. Devaluation should have been a no brainer. In the event, Wilson was forced to do what Macmillan chickened out of for fear of losing an election (which he did anyway), and the Tories promptly blamed them for their own incompetence.

Ah I have to say he does say "most" Sunderland fans, not as bad as I expected.

What he fails to realise though, is that we are well capable of picking up on blatant contradictions through all of the interviews/podcasts that they've done. It's that, alongside results, that has lost them the trust of the fanbase.

Ah I have to say he does say "most" Sunderland fans, not as bad as I expected.

What he fails to realise though, is that we are well capable of picking up on blatant contradictions through all of the interviews/podcasts that they've done. It's that, alongside results, that has lost them the trust of the fanbase.
I took it that he was talking to sunderland businessman you can hear him hesitate then say most.....not quite clear cut but his sentiment is as clear as day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back