Methven Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we all fell for the bullshit, a year on, because of them, the club is in ruins
I go to a match because I want to not what someone has said , we are not totally in ruins, if the Americans had walked away then I would be very concerned

“Forced him to lash out verbally” :lol:

Embarrassing.

the lash out, was a loud statement he made about how most fans think with their heart not a business head, I do think he lost it, but the top table should not blame the fans they should look at their own short comings, IMHO they were wrong.

Fans fault again.

How dare we ask questions to the person who said this about RAWA only last month.

So to the people who spout bile and abuse, if you’re really interested in the answer to questions, why not join the Red & White Army and get yourself in the supporter collective meetings, or go to talk-ins and ask your questions live.”

If he’d said most football fans don't understand how the football business works, it would be factual and respectful.

Instead he said Sunderland fans are unbelievably uneducated in business matters.

That demonstrates contempt. I’d have Bob Murray back in a heartbeat - regardless of decisions made or bank balance, he was genuinely interested in Sunderland football club as a club, not just as a business venture.

Good riddance.

At a recent inbusiness event he was on about how cheap membership is. It £1200.
Guess its not a fortune to some firms but it sounded awful coming out of his gibbering tory gob.

if I may, Charlie made mistakes, he like a lot of us got swept along last season with the promise of the new era.
We all wanted this to work, but Jack Ross blew it. no hiding from that, he and his sideways football was never gonna work in Div 1.
Charlie tried to unite an after season fragile fan base ripped apart by the fans who got bitter and angry, over the failure to go up.
BUT his signing of that non-disclosure document, and the insistence of the guys from the RAWA to push him to talk about finances that he was bound to keep private forced him to lash out verbally.
We cant make Charlie the scapegoat for all the wrong in our club, that should be directed at all the top table.

he was at the top table, and its directed at all of them

he hasn’t helped himself, his pr bollocks and criticism of fans on several occasions was exactly what Oxford fans said would happen and they were spot on

"Is doomed, and it's, it's not..the things people don't understand is, well you will but most .. our fans, some of the fans are unbelievably uneducated in business terms. I think it's concerning..."

those are the exact words, I think some people are taking his comments about a vocal minority a bit too far but people have already decided they don't like him so overreact away.

he was at the top table, and its directed at all of them

he hasn’t helped himself, his pr bollocks and criticism of fans on several occasions was exactly what Oxford fans said would happen and they were spot on

For someone in PR, Charlie is clumsy with his words. Some of his comments regarding the fans are fair, but there is a time and place

The worry is now, if Methven was responsible for introducing the American Group to Donald, he could persuade them to invest in another club and he could follow them.

The worry is now, if Methven was responsible for introducing the American Group to Donald, he could persuade them to invest in another club and he could follow them.

Its all if's a buts that one, personally i think those americans have their own agenda, and with a club the size of sunderland, if they stick around and fund our return to the big time, they will no they will get it back and then some when its sold on again.

Is there a better investment ? For the price we must be the best.

I'm unsure mate, it all depends on how much risk they're willing to take I suppose. They may be willing to spend more money on a club in a better position e.g. Leeds. You don't know what they're thinking.

"Is doomed, and it's, it's not..the things people don't understand is, well you will but most .. our fans, some of the fans are unbelievably uneducated in business terms. I think it's concerning..."

those are the exact words, I think some people are taking his comments about a vocal minority a bit too far but people have already decided they don't like him so overreact away.

How are you interpreting that sentence to suggest folk and overreacting?

I have no idea of the context in which it was brought up as it is a very strange thing to say in my opinion.

Do you not see it as a slant? What exactly is he concerned about, should some of the fans be educated to the fullest degree in business terms?

Is it for the fans to know exactly what context Mr Meth is talking so they can interpret what he says in the manner of which he means? Or is it on him to speak with clarity in a manner of which we, the fans, understand?

They havent invested in ours to be fair.

Doesn't strike me as a great investment. Without major changes at the top and intelligent folk brought in, we lose a couple of million in this division and 4 times that in the league above.

Last edited:
This is certainly the beginning of the end of SD's ownership. The appointment of Parkinson signaled that these two can't be trusted with making sensible football decisions, let alone business ones.

I spoke to Methvan for about 20 mins before the Rochdale game earlier this season and felt he had some contempt for our supporters even telling me one of our players (wouldn't say who) was confronted by a supporter doing his shopping after the play off final.

Both him and SD seem intent on putting our support in a bad light despite sufficient evidence (see SD's reasons for coming off Twitter)

I'd agree with some posters it's a move to deflect from genuine concern and criticism where it's justified.

My impression of the last managerial firing was that SD used the excuse of ''losing the fans' for precisely this reason. perhaps SD's business model didn't need stability it needed promotion.

Him and Donald never seemed to be singing from the same hymn sheet when talking about their plans for the club or what was going on at the club

That certainly cost them my support and I'm sure others too.

They always made me think if they can't get their story straight then they can't be telling the truth

Hopefully with him gone that will leave Donald as the sole voice and things should hopefully be clearer in future

Good luck to him whatever he's doing. Don't wish the lad any harm but it wasn't working and I'm glad he has gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back