Methven Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was never a fan of Methven. One of the first things I read about him was that Margaret Thatcher thing and I was never going to be onside after that.

With the news of the fallout with RAWA and these potential links with Brexit Party/Farage I’d say we’re well best with him out of the immediate picture.
Do we now base business performance with political views? Absolutely not....

Do we now base business performance with political views? Absolutely not....

Where did I say I did?

Look through my posting history, I didn’t give him any shit when he was in the role. He was there to do a job.

It’s my personal view if I want to take a liking/disliking to someone based on their political persuasions.

As much as I think he's a bit of a tatey as he's said things like this to people he doesn't know (me included) for as long as he's been here and without any need for prompting, I think recording him without him knowing is bad crack.

Last edited:
As much as I think he's a bit of a tatey as he's said things like this to people he doesn't know (me included) for as long as he's been here and without any need for prompting, I think recording him without him knowing is bad crack.
Probably yeah, but on the other hand the club have been way too slow with the minutes being agreed on more than one occasion, it's going to lead to concerns that what's been said is being diluted whether it's true or not. Even if you take this second meeting this week as the reason for the delay this time, that only happened because of Charlie's conduct at the first meeting.

If he’d said most football fans don't understand how the football business works, it would be factual and respectful.

Instead he said Sunderland fans are unbelievably uneducated in business matters.

That demonstrates contempt. I’d have Bob Murray back in a heartbeat - regardless of decisions made or bank balance, he was genuinely interested in Sunderland football club as a club, not just as a business venture.

Good riddance.

I'm a little biased on this one as I spend a considerable amount of time correcting misinformation on here posted by people who, for no doubt good reasons, post something and it's clear that they really don't understand what it is they're commenting on. Any comment on the fanbase as a whole has to be a generalisation to some extent. i would think the majority of any fanbase, not just ours, will not be educated in business, simple as that.
I’m not thick by any means, degree in computer studies and work in IT service transition but I’m extremely uneducated in business terms especially compared to seasoned business men like Charlie and Stewart. If he’d left it that the fans are extremely uneducated I could understand.

I wasn't actually talking about Angela Lowes there. I was referring to West Winger's assertion that how a business is doing matters little to an accountant, ie they're simply technicians. That's very, very wrong.
FDs yes. FCs possibly depending on size of business. Below that, it's
Slightly more understandable, though I have to say if I was working in practice I'd at least try to have a basic idea of what my clients actually did. A good accountant should be capable of acting as a quasi-FD should the need arise, in terms of providing financial advice. Otherwise, you're nothing more than a glorified accounting technician. It ought to be about adding value, not just adding up the numbers.
Watch the pi claims mind GOM

The emphasis he puts on “unbelievably”

No getting away from it, the bloke is an absolute cock.

And I tell you what Charlie, I run my f***ing business a million times better than the car crash you’ve turned Sunderland back into. Now go away quietly
Heavens. The fans may not be educated in business but even if they were what a way to see it.

if I may, Charlie made mistakes, he like a lot of us got swept along last season with the promise of the new era.
We all wanted this to work, but Jack Ross blew it. no hiding from that, he and his sideways football was never gonna work in Div 1.
Charlie tried to unite an after season fragile fan base ripped apart by the fans who got bitter and angry, over the failure to go up.
BUT his signing of that non-disclosure document, and the insistence of the guys from the RAWA to push him to talk about finances that he was bound to keep private forced him to lash out verbally.
We cant make Charlie the scapegoat for all the wrong in our club, that should be directed at all the top table.

if I may, Charlie made mistakes, he like a lot of us got swept along last season with the promise of the new era.
We all wanted this to work, but Jack Ross blew it. no hiding from that, he and his sideways football was never gonna work in Div 1.
Charlie tried to unite an after season fragile fan base ripped apart by the fans who got bitter and angry, over the failure to go up.
BUT his signing of that non-disclosure document, and the insistence of the guys from the RAWA to push him to talk about finances that he was bound to keep private forced him to lash out verbally.
We cant make Charlie the scapegoat for all the wrong in our club, that should be directed at all the top table.

he sat at the top table alongside Donald and Sartori, all three are culpable

If he’d said most football fans don't understand how the football business works, it would be factual and respectful.

Instead he said Sunderland fans are unbelievably uneducated in business matters.

That demonstrates contempt. I’d have Bob Murray back in a heartbeat - regardless of decisions made or bank balance, he was genuinely interested in Sunderland football club as a club, not just as a business venture.

Good riddance.

Bob for all his failings (how blessed we actually were at the time) and the legacy he left with the SoL, AoL, & Becon saw Sunderland AFC for what it is... a great footballing institution.

Now, it was interesting in his listening to his latest interview and he didn't really pull any punches about these 2 and Short. Maybe Bob with his connections knew something.

“Forced him to lash out verbally” :lol:

Embarrassing.

Forced him? :lol:
“Forced him to lash out verbally” :lol:

Embarrassing.

Amazing, you know poor little Charlie doesn't like raising his voice. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back