Memories of QPR at home

The 2-2 Good Friday match in 1998. Pissed down all day and we blew two vital points.

1-0 win at the start of the next season. Clark broke his leg.
That 2-2 game had to travel up from London on the national coach with me QPR mate.Floods everywhere. When we got to North Yorkshire there were massive delays on the A1 so we got the coach driver to divert via the a19. As we were heading over the top towards boro the wind was blowing so hard the second driver had to hold onto the handle of the coach door. Only just got there in time

The 1-0 game it was read hot in London on the Friday. We flew up from Heathrow and as we were landing the pilot said it’s 14 degrees in Newcastle. The next day all the QPR lads were turning up in t shirts and shorts and it was not too warm. Met a load of them in the Derry who were mates of my QPR mate.They were shitting it as they walked in the door, you should have seen their faces. They got treated well though as you would expect.

Same mate heading with me tomorrow on the GC. Fuck knows what will be like with the strikes.

2-2 in August 2004.
Paul Furlong, who we assumed mustve been well into his 40s, running half the pitch to stick one in the top corner.

The 73 fracas when the referee called the teams into the dressing room to calm down, We lost 3 nil and Tony Hazell knocked the fa cup off a table. Also a comfortable win when Knighton was manager
Same season when the mags were beating them 0-5 at half time then QPR brought it back to a draw. We were at home and I remember laughing as we left the Roker End at full time.
Think it was 0 -4 at half time and QPR scored next.

Last edited:
The 1984 game. Won 3-0.

As mentioned the penalty claim where Gregory went chasing to the ref for the spot kick. If he’d stood still the ball would have fallen to him to slot home.
Other memories, a ling ball over the top. Elliott was chasing with the striker, neither looking at he ball. It hits Shaun on the back and drops at his feet.
The highlights were on telly.
We were 7th on the back of this and a 3-0 home win over Luton.
It sandwiched the Forrest cup games.
I thought Ashurst had cracked it.

2-2 2004
Weird game. We looked awful. Late equaliser

Sure we won 1-0 under MoN

And also got smashed 3-0 at some point.

Cisse coming on then getting sent off to a mixture of booing and applause

The 1984 game. Won 3-0.

As mentioned the penalty claim where Gregory went chasing to the ref for the spot kick. If he’d stood still the ball would have fallen to him to slot home.
Other memories, a ling ball over the top. Elliott was chasing with the striker, neither looking at he ball. It hits Shaun on the back and drops at his feet.
The highlights were on telly.
We were 7th on the back of this and a 3-0 home win over Luton.
It sandwiched the Forrest cup games.
I thought Ashurst had cracked it.
They were promising times until the wheels fell off. I was stood to the side of the goal in the RE when QPR came out to warm up. A lad with me took a ball straight in the face from terry fenwick’s right boot. Still hear the smack now!!

Back